Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Playstation 3 Price

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
£410

Fucking hell.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Exact pricing in the UK is unclear but at current exchange rates the basic model would be around £330.

Still, Fucking hell.
  • Options
    Fucking hell!!
  • Options
    I guess mine will come around 2010 then!!!
  • Options
    I suppose it's comparable to previous console launches but jesus, it's a lot of cash. I know hard core early adopters will pay ridiculous sums but this seemed like the first generation of consoles that more casual fans would be picking one up on release. Not any more.

You've got to wonder just how many features will be missing from the basic package. It may turn out to be a false economy.

£400. Fuck.

ETA: And stiffing us an extra £100 on a region free console? Fuck you Sony.
  • Options
    Give me some wires and a cardboard box and ill make you one for a fiver! Graphics might not be as good thou, but they all do the same!
  • Options
    seeing as we usually get shafted for $-£ you're looking at £400+

that and the fact there's 2 models, one retard pack and one manpack there's gonna be a lot of confusion. oh and the £400 is for the 'cheap' one which won't feature hdmi, memory card or wifi meaning it's not actually a full blu ray player... it'll output only at standard definition.

and the pad is a dual shock (without the rumble) and a crap interpretation of a wii controller thrown in.

nice one sony, that show last night was easily the worst of any company ever. i look forward to nintendo and microsoft laughing later.

:lol:
  • Options
    i generally dont buy a new console till it can be made dirty anyway, im bad like that. so hopefully price will drop before then.
  • Options
    I've never bought a console new. They're such a rip off, and it's usually a year before the really good games start coming out anyway. I did buy a Gamecube new, though, but it was only £130 when it first came out and my work owed me loads of money, so they just gave me one instead.
  • Options
    thats fucking stupid, I can buy myself a car with that amount.

Im looking foward to the new nintendo, its gonna be cheap :D
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i generally dont buy a new console till it can be made dirty anyway, im bad like that. so hopefully price will drop before then.

:yes:

Thats why I brought an Xbox... nice media centre when chipped!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rip off. And to think it is still even shit.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Rip off. And to think it is still even shit.

How do you know its shit? dont be a fan boy.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    How do you know its shit? dont be a fan boy.

The fucking trouble they have had making the Cell Chip work puts ALOT of doubt into my mind. Apparently it STILL isn't working properly.

Plus there was that guy who leaked the information out to the press... who has said, basically, it is shit.

By the time it is released at this rate, it'll be out of date. TBH, full credit for Sony for trying the new Technology - if the Cell Chip worked, it'd be bloody amazing. Just... not yet. But at least their work is still useful.

PS4, maybe?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    The fucking trouble they have had making the Cell Chip work puts ALOT of doubt into my mind. Apparently it STILL isn't working properly.

Plus there was that guy who leaked the information out to the press... who has said, basically, it is shit.

By the time it is released at this rate, it'll be out of date. TBH, full credit for Sony for trying the new Technology - if the Cell Chip worked, it'd be bloody amazing. Just... not yet. But at least their work is still useful.

PS4, maybe?

I've read all about that as well. There's no doubt it'll play games better than PS2 but the potential for even better is still there.
  • Options
    Aye, it'll play games better than the ps2 but is it worth an extra £350 to do so? NO... I mean, you can get a decent PC rig for that price and play pc games with BETTER graphics and more games,
  • Options
    PC games suck tho, consoles are so much better for gaming, get a few mates round for a good thrashing on the PS2 or whatever is 100 times better than sitting on a pc.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    PC games suck tho, consoles are so much better for gaming, get a few mates round for a good thrashing on the PS2 or whatever is 100 times better than sitting on a pc.

*sucks air over teeth*

Depends on the game. Rune, GTA2, Soldier of Fortune, UT 2004 & Farcry are the best multiplayer games I've played. I've had mini lan parties, just 3 or 4 machines, and it was immense.

Saying that, Mario Kart or Bomberman through a projector onto the living room wall.....that was pretty spectacular.

Depends entirely on the games and the equipment available.
  • Options
    Goodbye dreams of getting PS3, Hello reality of buying an Xbox 360.

I'll wait a year before buying a PS2, after all ive said about getting one, that report has pissed me off IMMENSLY.

Bastard's.

We're just a bunch of walking pounds signs.

[Let us talk in our new language, Money. Money :wave:, Money? :yum:. Money! :hyper: etc etc etc]

sociaty will go to shit
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    We're just a bunch of walking pounds signs.

[Let us talk in our new language, Money. Money :wave:, Money? :yum:. Money! :hyper: etc etc etc]
    Sony really piss me off with their hardline anti-piracy bullshit that they always spout. A bit hypocritical from the company that made it's billions in the console business purely due to the fact that their console could play dodgy copied games.
  • Options
    The nintendo press conference starts in an hour or so. That'll be interesting.
  • Options
    think ill be sticking with my PS2 for quite a few years longer
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    *sucks air over teeth*

Depends on the game. Rune, GTA2, Soldier of Fortune, UT 2004 & Farcry are the best multiplayer games I've played. I've had mini lan parties, just 3 or 4 machines, and it was immense.

Saying that, Mario Kart or Bomberman through a projector onto the living room wall.....that was pretty spectacular.

Depends entirely on the games and the equipment available.

Oui.

FPS's + Console? No. ANY GTA game is better multiplayer on the PC. Multi Theft Auto for GTA:SA is immense. Strategy games on PC... just the best.

However - Racing games, Mario Kart (So glad you said that, console legend.) and the Gran Turismo series are better on console, undoubtably. The Multi player on things like that rocks. And PC doesn't do split screen much these days anymore. (I miss that.)

Plus the PC is responsible for the pushing of boundries in games. The technology is driving it forwards on the PC - the poor console only gamers had to wait for PS2 to play Half Life! (By which time it was OLD.) And you don't get HL2. Doom 3 (with terribly destroyed graphics) is on the Xbox.

And... I thought I could keep it out of a gmes post, but I can't - STALKER.
  • Options
    What's with all the bitchin'? Did you honestly believe it was gonna be cheap?!
  • Options
    What's with all the bitchin'? Did you honestly believe it was gonna be cheap?!

Not sure if that was serious, but, no, I didn't expect it to be cheap. To be honest I think 400 pounds is roughly what I would expect. The PS2 was stupidly expensive when it first came out - most sony stuff is expensive really.

However, the two models, especially with the cheap model being so crippled, is a bit naff for the users, as is the loss of the rumble. Since I remember there was some kind of patent issue over the rumble device I'm not surprised to see it go, but really, replacing it with some lame ass thing that just detects if you tilt the pad is a waste of time.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    However, the two models, especially with the cheap model being so crippled, is a bit naff for the users, as is the loss of the rumble. Since I remember there was some kind of patent issue over the rumble device I'm not surprised to see it go, but really, replacing it with some lame ass thing that just detects if you tilt the pad is a waste of time.

I'd have loved to have seen the reaction if they only brought out the most expensive pack though...
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    The nintendo press conference starts in an hour or so. That'll be interesting.

hahaha, within the first 5 minutes nintendo had nintendowned sony's show. holy fuck i NEED a wii (haha!) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    What was said at the conference etc?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    What was said at the conference etc?

loads of stuff... all great. :hyper:

from what i can recall

super mario universe
    zelda
    pilotwings
    wii sports (haha) including tennis (which looked fucking fantastic, great fun) baseball and golf
    wii controller has a built in speaker, nunchuck part also has motion sensor
    red steel looked fucking great, so fluid.

holy shit, heaps of stuff, go read the thread in the e3 section at www.ntsc-uk.com for the general gist of it, i don't think anyone who saw it was disappointed.... :D
  • Options
    lolz, may as well chuck the 360 info in here too...

hd-dvd add on available end of year, looks like a mini 360.
    GTA 4 is 360 exclusive, also will have downloadable episodic content.
    ALL trailers available on live now in HD...............!! i fear my hard drive/internet connection may melt, holy fuck! :crazyeyes

more info as and when.
  • Options
    Gears of War, Fable 2, GTA 4.........wowser.