Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How important is music to you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I love music, but I also need times with peace and no unnatural noises. Some times you just have to get away from it all.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I think I might get depressed if I lost my headphones, or they broke. When I'm on the site, you can almost guarantee I've got some headphones on. The only thing is trying not to sing when the vocal of a really catchy song kicks in!

Yeah im pretty much the same, well apart from the singing bit :p. Always listening to music ... ALWAYS!
  • Options
    Music is extremely important to me. I always make time for music.
  • Options
    It's very important to me I live for music. It makes me happy, it makes me sad, it makes me dance etc.. Growing I was really into singing and dancing which I'm still really into. I wanted to work in the music industry for years but I let my lack of confidence get in the way.
    God some of that sounded to clichéd :lol:
  • Options
    Music has very theraputic effects on humans, and in my experience can bring about strong emotional feelings. Can you remember the feelings you got when you heard some of your favourite songs the first few times and even now?

I remember hearing some, and getting that feeling in your gut, where you just know this song's for you. Sometimes even get the hairs standing on my neck, though that's usually only when I'm experimenting with my mind ;). On that point, I have found a different dimension to music when it's listened to after cannabis or psychoactives. It gives you a whole different outlook and appreciation, you can become totally absorbed in what you're hearing. But I'll leave the drugs stuff for the drugs forum :p.
  • Options
    i love music, i can listen to most things

there is nothing better than hearing the intro to a song that you love kicking in in a club and having a huge grin on your face and dancing like a maniac (or maybe thats just the drugs)