Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Working at McDonalds, underage.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont understand most teenagers when they speak, that doesnt mean I want them all to leave the country. Being incoherent seems quite common in the under 18's to me - be they immigrants or not.
  • Options
    I agree with bongbudda, he sure does speak the truth there... lol
  • Options
    get a paper round.
  • Options
    haha paper round. not worth getting out of bed for.
  • Options
    Paper rounds really arent worth getting out of bed for, you're right there O_o. I considered it the other week when I saw an ad for a morning round. (Yes, I'm aware I'm like 17 now, I had one at the same place when I was younger, I'm sure they'd take me back on if I wanted it - and I am THAT desprate for a second job.)

For 6 days a week, it was £8 - £12 depending on who wanted what on the weekends. Hmm I'm thinking not :chin:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Paper rounds really arent worth getting out of bed for, you're right there O_o. I considered it the other week when I saw an ad for a morning round. (Yes, I'm aware I'm like 17 now, I had one at the same place when I was younger, I'm sure they'd take me back on if I wanted it - and I am THAT desprate for a second job.)

For 6 days a week, it was £8 - £12 depending on who wanted what on the weekends. Hmm I'm thinking not :chin:

They really aren't worth it! They only way they keep kids doing it is cuz the kids are like 8 years old and have parents wanting to teach them responsibility :p I had one, did it one day a week, took me about 4-5 hours to do and I got paid $40 a month :\
  • Options
    Exactly, they're worth ti when you want pocket money for sweets and mags. I doubt my car insurance and holidays and lessons etc would be paid off with £8 a week though :)
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Exactly, they're worth ti when you want pocket money for sweets and mags. I doubt my car insurance and holidays and lessons etc would be paid off with £8 a week though :)

If only you could go buy hard candy for a penny still :(:p
  • Options
    I washed cars when I was little, people always want stuff done, make up some flyers and go door knocking. If a 15yr old were to knock my door now, I would have two tasks I'd pay a fiver each for them to do...
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yes. Today i asked for a carrier bag in the petrol station and it took two attempts and me pointing at it for the bloke to understand.

However hopefully he'll know for next time what a bag is :p

These sorts of places pay shit money, and the only people silly enough to work there are people new to the country.

Kids these days get everything handed to them. They own cars, expensive phones, computers, games consoles.

Talk to anyone with a business who has had to hire a new immigrant, and they will tell you that those boys dont take sick days, are never late for work, or go on break. Its because there are people willing to work crappy jobs, and others willing to pay low wages. Its a two way street.

I hate it when people make assumptions based on language or looks. I've seen students who've come to england from India to do Master's degrees and they get told to go back home by drunk idiots who's skills are not worth the cv they are written on. Lifes unfair in so many ways, those of us who are able to think above that kind of crap should make their feelings clear to their friends and collegues.