Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Charles Clarke is axed!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cain wrote:
    And now we have Reid as Home Sec, a sort of cross between John Ashcroft and Reinhardt Heydrich. Hurray!
    A little harsh.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    just to clarify, the origional problem wasnt actually caused by charles clarke
    But Charles Clarke's problem was not acting when the issue was brought to his department's attention. Incompetence --> sacking.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    just to clarify, the origional problem wasnt actually caused by charles clarke
    That much is correct. I certainly credit Clarke with admitting that this was going on. But sadly, Charlie, the architect of several freedom-destroying pieces of legislation, including the dangerous ID cards scheme, was part of the problem. He had to go. Unfortunately, we know where the real blame lies on this. It lies at No. 10 Downing Street with our self-serving Prime Minister who brought forward his largely pointless re-shuffle to save his own bacon.

I've read in The Mail on Sunday today about the letter Labour is drafting to demand Tony Blair announce his departure timetable. I hope that every Labour MP takes notice of this. No one wants Tony Blair as Prime Minister anymore. I urge every Labour MP to sign the letter and to force Blair's long-overdue resignation.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    A little harsh.

The Free Market demands harshness. :thumb: