Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Know your local BNP candidate!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    One thing to bear in mind is that whilst they doubled their seats, and Barking is a horrible result - they also stood about 10x as many candidates as the last local elections - and they certainly haven't seen a ten fold increase

Yep - you've got to put the BNP in context. they got 31 seats, the Tories got 1783 and in a disastrous night for Labour they still got 1344. The BNP is still a very, very minor party and needs to be seen as the same.
  • Options
    The BNP got that many seats because White Working Class Britain is fed up with Labour. Protest voting and all that.

It also highlights that racial tensions are reaching a boiling point in some areas. I wouldn't call all the people who voted for the BNP morons cos I'm sure most aren't.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    The BNP got that many seats because White Working Class Britain is fed up with Labour. Protest voting and all that. It also highlights that racial tensions are reaching a boiling point in some areas. I wouldn't call all the people who voted for the BNP morons cos I'm sure most aren't.
    It's hard to tell. The leader of the BNP, Mr Nick Griffin, certainly isn't a moron, having been Oxford-educated. He's a modern politician in many senses. Yes, he has views about race that belong to the Dark Ages, but he also knows about how image and presentation matters so much. (no thanks to New Labour and the Tories for colluding on that) He knows how to make the BNP look respectable, which is why I'm even more worried. Ending all immigration? Bad idea. But since we have thousands of illegal immigrants in the UK, (not even the Government knows how many) it's definitely a situation that needs to be looked at. And frankly, the chances of either main party doing this are zero. :(
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It's hard to tell. The leader of the BNP, Mr Nick Griffin, certainly isn't a moron, having been Oxford-educated. He's a modern politician in many senses. Yes, he has views about race that belong to the Dark Ages, but he also knows about how image and presentation matters so much. (no thanks to New Labour and the Tories for colluding on that) He knows how to make the BNP look respectable, which is why I'm even more worried. Ending all immigration? Bad idea. But since we have thousands of illegal immigrants in the UK, (not even the Government knows how many) it's definitely a situation that needs to be looked at. And frankly, the chances of either main party doing this are zero. :(

He's a racial Nationalist. He believes we should only take in our White Bretheren :rolleyes:

I don't think the BNP is entirely that extreme or viscious, people make them out to be far worse than they really are.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    He's a racial Nationalist. He believes we should only take in our White Bretheren :rolleyes: I don't think the BNP is entirely that extreme or viscious, people make them out to be far worse than they really are.
    How come?
  • Options
    The BNP are not stupid, lets put that myth to bed.

Some people agree with their racist agenda, and whilst that is terrible, those people are not stupid either.

I don't believe that most people who vote BNP do agree with the racist agenda- the BNP certainly don't mention their racism in their electoral literature. They do target the things that people are upset about, though, espcially in poor white areas- the perception, often with truth in it, that poor ethnic people get far more attention and far more cash than the poor white people.

The fact is you either believe in democracy or you don't. I do, and will defend the BNP's right to partake in the democratic process- although I will point out, as part of the democratic process, who they are and where they live. The BNP candidate for my ward, for instance, doesn't even live in my city.

Aladdin, on the other hand, does not believe in the democratic process. Which makes his rants about the US rather hypocritical- after all, what McCarthy did is exactly what Aladdin proposes.

The BNP are a non-entity, who only get votes because people believe that anything they disagree with should be banned. If the powers-that-be who have been shafting you for 200 years turn around and say that a political party is bad news, then obviously the shat upon will see that party as a good way of stopping the shower of shit raining down on them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The fact is you either believe in democracy or you don't. I do, and will defend the BNP's right to partake in the democratic process- although I will point out, as part of the democratic process, who they are and where they live. The BNP candidate for my ward, for instance, doesn't even live in my city.

Aladdin, on the other hand, does not believe in the democratic process. Which makes his rants about the US rather hypocritical- after all, what McCarthy did is exactly what Aladdin proposes.
    Aladdin would probably retort 'so, you would defend the right of the BNP to spout hateful drivel about how Britain is meant to be a whites-only country and how they want all gay people to be persecuted, etc, etc'. I'd sympathise with that. I hate the BNP as much as anyone else here, but trying to "ban" them wouldn't work. The party would go underground and a ban wouldn't work anyway. I suppose it's a downside of democracy that ignorant cretins such as the BNP are able to spout poison. Still, rather that than some dictatorship.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Aladdin would probably retort 'so, you would defend the right of the BNP to spout hateful drivel about how Britain is meant to be a whites-only country and how they want all gay people to be persecuted, etc, etc'. I'd sympathise with that. I hate the BNP as much as anyone else here, but trying to "ban" them wouldn't work. The party would go underground and a ban wouldn't work anyway. I suppose it's a downside of democracy that ignorant cretins such as the BNP are able to spout poison. Still, rather that than some dictatorship.

Why do you use all these words to describe something. It's tabloid fodder.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Why do you use all these words to describe something. It's tabloid fodder.
    What are you on about now? How would you prefer I phrased it?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Says he who believes some people shouldn't have the right to vote and participate in the democratic process. :D

If I had to ban something, I'd rather ban a certain political party than millions of voters.

Then again I'd said before that the BNP could exist legally as far as I'm concerned so long as they don't utter a single more lie about black people being this and Asian people being that and the other.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What are you on about now? How would you prefer I phrased it?

Without saying stuff like "ignoratn cretins" "poison" and other stuff you see on the front page of The Sun.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Without saying stuff like "ignorant cretins" "poison" and other stuff you see on the front page of The Sun.
    I haven't read a copy of The Sun for at least two years, I'll have you know. :p So, what kind of vocabulary would you prefer to be used? And have you been on the Stormfront website again?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Then again I'd said before that the BNP could exist legally as far as I'm concerned so long as they don't utter a single more lie about black people being this and Asian people being that and the other.

Won't happen. How else do you envisage them getting votes? There's already 3 main parties. They're cleverly tapping into some of the fears of White Britain and have come thrugh with some sucess.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I haven't read a copy of The Sun for at least two years, I'll have you know. :p So, what kind of vocabulary would you prefer to be used? And have you been on the Stormfront website again?

I visit Stormfront quite a lot yes and post quite a lot also (only in Opposing Views though if anyone thought otherwise)

Well I prefer your typical words like "cunts" and "wankers" and shit like that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I visit Stormfront quite a lot yes and post quite a lot also (only in Opposing Views though if anyone thought otherwise) Well I prefer your typical words like "cunts" and "wankers" and shit like that.
    I may well have referred to the BNP in those terms before, I certainly wouldn't object if anyone else here did.
  • Options
    Yawn @ klintock and seeker. It's getting boring now, we know the arguement but we disagree. Lets move on now eh?

:nervous: :nervous: I`ll try and remain on topic.

You are making me feel like I imagine Martin Luther King would at a KKK meeting.That is, an advocate of peace and co-operation in a crowd baying for violent action (following a show of hands of course ;) )
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Says he who believes some people shouldn't have the right to vote and participate in the democratic process. :D

Do I have to drag up your comments after the last US presidential election...I can do if you want;)

But they don't- not in public, anyway.

The BNP is trying to make itself look respectable- which is why our BNP candidate was a "medical doctor" who, in a past life, was a candidate for those other rabid filth UKIP.

Speaking of, where have UKIP gone? Especially after so much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
  • Options
    If you want a laught you may want to watch this interview with Nick Griffin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2006/05/oxygen_of_publi.html

PS If the BNP are a 'British' nationalist party why was Nick Griffin wearing an English flag on his lapel rather than a union jack
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    If you want a laught you may want to watch this interview with Nick Griffin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2006/05/oxygen_of_publi.html

PS If the BNP are a 'British' nationalist party why was Nick Griffin wearing an English flag on his lapel rather than a union jack
    Probably because the elections were being held in England. No one in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland were out voting yesterday, as far as I know.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Probably because the elections were being held in England. No one in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland were out voting yesterday, as far as I know.

I was.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    they got 31 seats, the Tories got 1783 and in a disastrous night for Labour they still got 1344. The BNP is still a very, very minor party and needs to be seen as the same.

All parties begin small, so we have to stay vigilant. What those figures tell us is that there are 31 wards where the BNP have enough support for their agenda - whether a protest or not.

That's a national disgrace as far as I am concerned...
  • Options
    All parties begin small, so we have to stay vigilant. What those figures tell us is that there are 31 wards where the BNP have enough support for their agenda - whether a protest or not.

That's a national disgrace as far as I am concerned...
    Then again is it really any better for idiots to be manipulated by a mainstream party or an extremist one?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Do I have to drag up your comments after the last US presidential election...I can do if you want;)
    Yet from your comments I got the impression you were implying I was the only one who didn't believe in the democratic process- i.e. that you did.

So long as we're clear that it's neither of us who believe in it (apparently)... :)

Speaking of, where have UKIP gone? Especially after so much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Good point. And good riddance.