Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How important is music to you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I know this has probably been done but not for a while.

Anyway im just sat here, not really had the greatest month or so, listening to some good music and all my worries seem to have gone. I think without music i would go crazy and shows how big a role it has on my life :D

Anyway so how important is music to you?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Music is immensely important to me. The only thing that could calm me in my teens was 2pac. I'd go home, listen and all the bad things became a lot less mean!

Nowadays I have feel good songs - so many of them, I love going nuts to music and become possessed on the dance floor to my favourite tunes. It's under my skin - i love it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Through my intrests in music I've met so many of my closest mates, I've experienced drugs and some of the best nights of my life.

Pretty important i would say.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Honestly? Not very.
  • Options
    Probably one of the most important things in my life.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's important enough that I really, really enjoy listening to a song I like, but not important enough that I'd try to know every band within a specific genre etc. I know very few of them to be honest.
  • Options
    Without friends, girls and music we couldn't possibly live

by my mate

:yes:
  • Options
    most of my wknd social life is based on music.
    and i cant stand silence at home, ive always got the radio on or tunes blasting. without it id be lost.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Probably one of the most important things in my life.

Ditto :)
  • Options
    I love my music. I have an amplifier I'm very fond of, driving a nice pair of speakers that give me a very enjoyable and hard-hitting sound, and a pair of lovely headphones that give me a superbly accurate and detailed sound. The speakers are more 'fun', the headphones are more for detailed listening.

And I'm glad that whilst I like a particular type of music, I can find appeal and talent in so many different types. There isn't much that sounds boring...
  • Options
    Very.
  • Options
    Very important, hence why I spent the last few days defending my favourite artist on here :)
  • Options
    Its one of the most important things to me in my life. Its Amazing what music can do to change your outlook and perseptions.
  • Options
    I can do without it if I have to. Listen if I want.
  • Options
    Pretty important. Music allows me to escape from any problems I have. It can really alter my mood.
  • Options
    A nessecity. :D
  • Options
    Very. Part of everyday life, can change moods in an instant, can suit moods, can create inspiration to create more music.
  • Options
    Its vital, i cant be without it. Hardly ever leave the house without my mp3 player. Theres so many different types to suits moods an days, or just to cheer me up or make me want to go out. dont think i could go a day without hearing any.
  • Options
    vitally important. even if it does take most of my money.
  • Options
    i wouldnt really say its that important to me really :chin: obviously i like a good sing song now again, and i do like having some tunes on when im out walking/ in the car.. but i could just as easily go without it.

im very much more a film buff than i am music.
  • Options
    music makes the world go round...
  • Options
    I would have killed myself years ago had I not had my music to cheer me up. :yes:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Anyway so how important is music to you?
    very.
    but so is peace and quiet too sometimes
  • Options
    Quite important. Helps you get through some tough times plus it's great to listen to anyway.
  • Options
    Pretty important. I love to listen to music when I'm driving, have it on in the background when I'm on the computer etc. But not when I go for a walk. If I go out walking it's usually 'cause I want some peace and quiet.

Always seem to listen to music more when I'm down. If I'm sad then the first thing I do is fish out all my favourite CDs.
  • Options
    To paraphrase about a million house records that have been already been made (and doubtless, a million that haven't) "music is my life". Quite frankly, if music did not exist, if music was suddenly banned, I would kill myself. I could see no point living in a world without music in it.

Music is everywhere I go. If I'm working in the shop, it's either the radio that's on, or it's one of the CDs I bring in occasionally. If I'm filling in some forms at home, I'll have some music on. If I'm surfing the Internet, I'll have some music on. Indeed, I have my headphones on right now, listening to "Feels Like Love" by Teamsters, and all sorts of other house tracks. If I had to go so much as one day without music, I would feel horrendously depressed by the end of it, make no mistake.
  • Options
    it is my life music is my eveything more than girls
  • Options
    rss3000 wrote:
    it is my life music is my eveything more than girls
    Would you choose music or sex? :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Would you choose music or sex? :p
    Music. Definitely. I went for a year without sex, just fine. If I went for so much as a day without music, I'd break down and die.

Music is what gets me through my day. I feel weird if I don't at least have something going round in my head. If my head is silent, it scares me loads.

I need my music :yes:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Music. Definitely. I went for a year without sex, just fine. If I went for so much as a day without music, I'd break down and die.

Music is what gets me through my day. I feel weird if I don't at least have something going round in my head. If my head is silent, it scares me loads.

I need my music :yes:.
    I think I might get depressed if I lost my headphones, or they broke. When I'm on the site, you can almost guarantee I've got some headphones on. The only thing is trying not to sing when the vocal of a really catchy song kicks in!
  • Options
    Music isn't entertainment. Entertainment is music.