Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Know your local BNP candidate!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really hope you don't ever expect to use the NHS...

Really, why?

It's not like I have much choice now, is it?
    We pay taxes, in return we get the police, the NHS, roads rebuilt and free education for our children.

Ok. You've missed genocide, theft, rape, brainwashing, kidnap and lies off the list but lets assume you are right. Why do I need the police? I have never used them, ever. The only people I know who have used them have had no or very little satisfaction from the experience.

Why are these things the exact reverse of voluntary trade, btw? I don't have to pay asda a few grand a year on the off chance I get some shopping there, why are these things different?

The NHS you are going to say exists because everyone recognises that it's the best way. If everyone really thinks that, then there is no reason to use violence, is there?

"Free education"? It's not free and it's barely education. It's more or less brainwashing and a lot of it is flat out child abuse. A ten year assault on your ability to reason and installation of nonsense like countries should horrify you beyond belief.
    No, the police won't "raid" the place for selling the wrong measures... Trust me, if you've ever worked in the bar trade you'd know that. If there are a lot of drugs knowingly going around in a nightclub or party then of course it'll be raided... Just because araid happens does not mean it has to be a violent raid.

I have worked in the bar trade. See how long you will last if you started to sell in half litres, or 1.5 pints and advertised it over the door. "Cocaine happy hour" would be a winner, wouldn't it?

Again you have made the assumption that "wrong measures" is anything under what the government says must be served! The raids don't happen because people are so cowed they don't even think of doing anything but what the law says.

Complete capitulation to violence to ward it off doesn't mean there is no violence. If you see violence in other places, it's because one gang hasn't got total control yet and they are still fighting. The statist argument is that one gang has won and we should all do what it says now it has monopolised force.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    If I put a gun to your head and demanded your property, would you find it acceptable if I was benevolent enough to offer "services" to you ?
    It is about working together, not about threatening people for money. Taxes always seem like theft,but maybe you should go and live in a country where there's no welfare state and where the police are a lot more corrupt than here and then see if you think this country is violent.
    If you can without being threatened.Driving licence ? Passport ? Soon to be ID card ? Don`t leave home without them............or else :eek2: :shocking:
    If we didn't have driving licenses our roads would not be so safe, passports are needed for identification. It is not about violence. We do not live in a perfect world where everybody is honest and nobody lies...
  • Options
    It is about working together, not about threatening people for money. Taxes always seem like theft,but maybe you should go and live in a country where there's no welfare state and where the police are a lot more corrupt than here and then see if you think this country is violent.

Billy and Johnny both steal. Billy steals more than Johnny, therefore Johnny is a better person to be stolen from than Billy. He's still a thief.

"Working together"? So you can refuse, right?

Oh, and what country?
  • Options
    So if I put a gun to your head and demanded your property, would you find it acceptable if I was benevolent enough to offer you "services"(including a "welfare state" and only slightly corrupt police) ?

YES or NO
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Ok. You've missed genocide, theft, rape, brainwashing, kidnap and lies off the list but lets assume you are right. Why do I need the police? I have never used them, ever. The only people I know who have used them have had no or very little satisfaction from the experience.
    Honestly? If a group of armed muggers broke in to your house/your parent's house/your halls (wherever you live) I'm sure you would rather call the police than risk being robbed, maybe even killed... Or would you not?

I have not had a lot of satisfaction with the police, but I would rather know that if I pay a little more tax then I will be at least a little bit safer. What about CCTV? Unless you have been in the position of being voilently attacked, or been very hard up, unless you or somebody you love has been injured to the point of needing hospital treatment that it is harder to appreciate where your taxes go.

I am happy... If it weren't for the NHS I wouldn't be walking, or at least would be on crutches. If it weren't for benefits I wouldn't have eaten as a child, if it weren't for the taxes we pay the streets would not be safe...

So unless your parents are loaded, you've neer been hungry, you can afford private health care, you have a private bodyguard ect then taxes have probably impacted your life positively somehow.

I have worked in the bar trade. See how long you will last if you started to sell in half litres, or 1.5 pints and advertised it over the door. "Cocaine happy hour" would be a winner, wouldn't it?
    The legalisation of drugs is another issue altogether.
  • Options
    Honestly? If a group of armed muggers broke in to your house/your parent's house/your halls (wherever you live) I'm sure you would rather call the police than risk being robbed, maybe even killed... Or would you not?

The group of armed people most likely to break my (or your) door down and take stuff are the police, ffs!

Why don't most people have a gun in the house to kill intruders? The police took them all, so now there are (generally) only two groups of people armed, that is the police/army and the criminals. The only people who need weapons for self defense do not have them and the only people who use weapons to steal have them all.
    So unless your parents are loaded, you've neer been hungry, you can afford private health care, you have a private bodyguard ect then taxes have probably impacted your life positively somehow.

Nope. Taxes, because they are enforced burdens are ONLY negative. There can be no benefits from taxation. Ever.
  • Options
    The legalisation of drugs is another issue altogether.

No it isn't. There is only one problem and that is the violent domination of people under the guise of legitimacy.
  • Options
    To be honest Klintock has a point - even if he fails to understand it.

To use an extreme example say you get a speeding fine, if you refuse to pay you go to court. If you refuse court the bailiffs come in, if you resist them they'll be supported by the police, if you shoot at the police, they'll call in armed police. If you and your neighbours group together and decide to open fire on the police with RPGs and heavy machine-guns eventually the armed forces will be go in.

But the point is that virtually all people accept the legitimacy of the state (in reality, if not always in theory) and pay the fine, so the state doesn't have to resort to violence.

But being born and brought up in Northern Ireland (where people killed and were killed for agreeing or disagreeing with the legitimacy of the state) and then having served in Bosnia (which made Northern Ireland seem like a Sunday School picnic) I think Klintock and Seeker should get down on their knees and Thank God that people do accept the legitimacy of the state - because I can tell you the alternative is a fuck of a lot worse.
  • Options
    Nonsense.

The problem with those situations was that those in the state didn't just fuck off when they first found out they weren't wanted. Or do you think that someone who has your best interests at heart will use a gun on you?

The fact that they will kill for control should tell you all you need to know about them and why they need to be ignored whenever possible.

People accept the legitimacy of the state for a very simple reason - they were educated in state schools. The fact that I get such incredulity when I merely mention that countries are imaginary for example is a good indicator of the level of brainwashing. It also reveals the lie that "everyone" wants the same things - given that they were all taught the same nonsense it's not much of a surprise.
    But being born and brought up in Northern Ireland (where people killed and were killed for agreeing or disagreeing with the legitimacy of the state) and then having served in Bosnia (which made Northern Ireland seem like a Sunday School picnic) I think Klintock and Seeker should get down on their knees and Thank God that people do accept the legitimacy of the state - because I can tell you the alternative is a fuck of a lot worse.

Nah. The problem in those places was a fight between statists for control. The alternative is to stop the control, not have only one set of controllers.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    How many people would YOU be prepared to kill in order to build a road ?

None :confused:

What an odd little creature you are.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Nah. The problem in those places was a fight between statists for control. The alternative is to stop the control, not have only one set of controllers.

:shocking:

You really have no idea do you?
  • Options
    A fight for self governance is a fight for governance.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    None :confused:

What an odd little creature you are.

Size matters in turloughtown ?

I`m glad you would not be prepared to kill in order to build a road.Welcome aboard.Your previous post implied differently.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    To be honest Klintock has a point - even if he fails to understand it.

To use an extreme example say you get a speeding fine, if you refuse to pay you go to court. If you refuse court the bailiffs come in, if you resist them they'll be supported by the police, if you shoot at the police, they'll call in armed police. If you and your neighbours group together and decide to open fire on the police with RPGs and heavy machine-guns eventually the armed forces will be go in.

But the point is that virtually all people accept the legitimacy of the state (in reality, if not always in theory) and pay the fine, so the state doesn't have to resort to violence.

I applaud your logic in the "extreme" example but not your conclusion. The example isn`t as extreme as you think. I have personal knowledge of someone who didn`t actually say "No" but meekly refused to say "Yes please".That person bailed out before the guns were drawn because they valued their life and family (yes, they were threatened too !) more than their property. The violent threats came from men/women claiming to represent the "U.K."
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm quite interested as to what this has to specifically do with the BNP candidates up for election.

Well every thread in P+D nowadays seems to turn into klintock saying "there's no such thing as countries" and going completely off topic.

I'm quite concerned at the amount of seats the BNP has won. Thankfully none in Wolverhampton so I don't have to deal with any, although I do have a delightful "freedom" councillor (some sort of offshoot of the BNP).
  • Options
    I'm quite interested as to what this has to specifically do with the BNP candidates up for election.

As it applies to ALL the candidates, I would be interested to hear how you think it isn't relevent.
    Well every thread in P+D nowadays seems to turn into klintock saying "there's no such thing as countries" and going completely off topic.

Politics is the violent/faudulent domination of most by a few. This is the only issue. Glad to see your learning the words, join in on the chorus.
  • Options
  • Options
    This thread isn't about all the candidates. It's about the BNP candidates. If you are going to talk about any real or imaginary violence perpretrated by them then it needs to be specific to them. Start a new thread if you want to talk about something else.

Ok. The "BNP" is a fictional entity made by a small group of people to acquire legitimacy for theior violent domination of you and yours through the violence of the cult known as the "state".

As "britain" "national" and in fact " party" are entirely fictional entities, only believed in by the mad or the severely dim, then we have nothing different than any other alleged "group". If you have some facts to support any assertion that any of those things actually exist, great. If you don't you can drop the idea that there is any such thing as the BNP and we can focus on the only real issue of politics, that of using fiction and your inability to think to gain legitimacy for your slavery to the mad.

Theres no such thing as the BNP. :p

Do try and keep up.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Ok. The "BNP" is a fictional entity made by a small group of people to acquire legitimacy for theior violent domination of you and yours through the violence of the cult known as the "state".

As "britain" "national" and in fact " party" are entirely fictional entities, only believed in by the mad or the severely dim, then we have nothing different than any other alleged "group". If you have some facts to support any assertion that any of those things actually exist, great. If you don't you can drop the idea that there is any such thing as the BNP and we can focus on the only real issue of politics, that of using fiction and your inability to think to gain legitimacy for your slavery to the mad.

Theres no such thing as the BNP. :p

Do try and keep up.

oh dear. Get a grip. This is a website aimed at people aged 16-25. The P +D used to be a forum where interesting discussions took place.

I don't know how old you are, or what your aim is, but I feel that you put off a lot of people from posting in here.

Whether or not England, or the BNP exists or not, is not the point. Why don't you just start your own thread called "nothing exists" and you can go off and pontificate there by yourself instead of ruining all the other threads!

:)
  • Options
    I don't know how old you are, or what your aim is, but I feel that you put off a lot of people from posting in here.

I like a good debate as much as the next bloke. Thing is, we have to know what we are actually talking about, and most people obviously don't.

Once we have defined what is going on, we can talk about it. Until we do, there is no debate, just reforming of nonsense.

However, you have a point. Everyone knows the words by now (and probably recognises the veracity of the position as little as they like it) and as Jim V says expecting different results from the same arguments is crazy in itself.

That being the case, I'll see you lot around sometime.

Normal service will now continue.

Cheers, it's been fun. :)
  • Options

There are some who throw emotional tantrums at the thought of the BNP having power over them.

I`m quite interested as to why this discrimination has to specifically apply to the BNP. :confused::confused:

If you worship the religion of "democracy" surely you should rejoice and love your masters WHOEVER they may be. Whining because you don`t like the winner is being a bad loser. If you are really concerned, surely the best tactic is DON`T PLAY THE GAME ?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    [re-jack]

Doubled their seats, the BNP. More evidence this country is inhabited by morons who will get exactly what they deserve, one day. I love this decade.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:
    Doubled their seats, the BNP. More evidence this country is inhabited by morons who will get exactly what they deserve, one day. I love this decade.
    That's okay. The BNP are exposing themselves as fools by being free to say and claim what they want, apparently. They will have collapsed by tomorrow and disappeared altogether in no time as "their policies are deconstructed and exposed for what they are".

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. We have been told for so long now that's what would happen... :chin:

Oh well. That's freedom of speech for you. :)
  • Options
    Yawn @ klintock and seeker. It's getting boring now, we know the arguement but we disagree. Lets move on now eh?

As for the BNP local elections - stand up the people of Barking and Dagenham. You have nailed our colours to the mast. Shame on you.
  • Options
    You know this isnt the first decade the far right have emerged, stirred up some trouble the disappeared. They will be gone in a few years like always, because eventually people will turn on them.

It is amazing though that 60% of people in certain areas (i have no idea what areas they are though) agree with the BNP policies, until they hear they are BNP policies then they change their opinion.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    There are some who throw emotional tantrums at the thought of the BNP having power over them.

I`m quite interested as to why this discrimination has to specifically apply to the BNP. :confused::confused:

If you worship the religion of "democracy" surely you should rejoice and love your masters WHOEVER they may be. Whining because you don`t like the winner is being a bad loser. If you are really concerned, surely the best tactic is DON`T PLAY THE GAME ?
    Where would you prefer to live? A democratic like the UK or a military dictatorship like Burma?

What is my issue with the BNP?

I support multiculturalism... Furthermore, I am glad that there are Polish, Sri Lankans (ect ect) working in this country, we need these people. Where I am from we have Polish people working for minimum wage in jobs where a British person would get paid around £10. If they all disappeared then the factories, call centres and so on (in my opinion) would up and move because they can get cheaper labour in other countries. You have to admit a lot of British people won't work menial monotonous jobs for minimum wage. The nature of Capitalism is to get the cheapest and most efficient labour possible.

I believe we have a moral responsibility to continue giving foreign aid to other countries.

To be fair, I don't want my brother to be forced in to national service, or if I had one, a son...

The BNP are anti-gay... I like being able to date who I like... I do not want to see the return of Section 28.

Aaaaand so on.
  • Options
    One thing to bear in mind is that whilst they doubled their seats, and Barking is a horrible result - they also stood about 10x as many candidates as the last local elections - and they certainly haven't seen a ten fold increase
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    One thing to bear in mind is that whilst they doubled their seats, and Barking is a horrible result - they also stood about 10x as many candidates as the last local elections - and they certainly haven't seen a ten fold increase
    Looks like Margaret Hodge wasn't talking nonsense after all. So, will we now see Labour paying close attention to the East London borough? Don't hold your breath. People's concerns that they are being sidelined and ignored in the political process will continue just like it did on May 3rd.

The election of BNP councillors benefits no one. This, however, is part of their strategy. What the BNP aims to do is get more and more representation on the political landscape until they eventually start fielding MPs for the House of Commons. What we must all aim to do is stop them, by not voting for them, and to ask of those who did - why? Did they vote BNP in the hope it would make a difference? If anything, it could make things even worse. Will Labour/Tory/LibDem councillors want to work with members from such an evil organisation?