Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loud Cars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone find it annoying when people with huge bass systems in their car drive into your quiet road and play their loud music whilst they're waiting for someone to come out of their house or honk their horns cos they're too lazy to ring the doorbell?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    No.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i dont understand why people have their music so loud, can they not hear it or something, or do they want everyone else to hear it?

never got it.
  • Options
    Depends on what tune they are playing! :p
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

Hehe... I'm with you on that one... ;)

if it's a good tune not annoying otherwise annoying...
  • Options
    i like to play my music loud just coz thats how i prefer to listen to it
  • Options
    It annoys me a bit if I'm watching Tv or if I'm asleep, but apart from that not really. Doesn't usually last for long anyway. We get quite a lot of people waiting for the Molloy girls in our street who do it, you get used to it!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i dont understand why people have their music so loud, can they not hear it or something, or do they want everyone else to hear it?

never got it.

I'm going to go with a wild guess and say they are wankers :p
    I used to know a guy who spent butt loads and cared so much about his car stereo system. He was one of the jackasses that would go around with the bass pumping. Actually trying to set off car alarms :rolleyes:

Though I do like it when you get the people trying to do that but they have nothing more than the factory system in their car :p
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

never got it.

I don't get it either. I can even sometimes hear it if I'm walking home and I have my iPod on.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hehe... I'm with you on that one... ;)

if it's a good tune not annoying otherwise annoying...
    :thumb: true.
  • Options
    Music sounds best played at full volume in a residential area. It's a fact. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can understand it if you're driving through, but once you pull up and stop your car (waiting 5 to 10 minutes) the volume should go down to a reasonable level.

Maybe if everyone chucked an egg at their cars it might make them think twice!! :mad:
  • Options
    I love pullign up at the petrol station with the stereo loud as fuck, whilst playing some speedcore, or gabba - people are horrified! :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Music sounds best played at full volume in a residential area. It's a fact. :D

:lol:

Or outside McDonalds... thats the high of coolness! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's okay as long as it isn't turned up so loud that the speakers are distorting. Or if the car isn't sound-proofed properly and all you can hear is the vrrrrrr vmmmm vrrrrrr of the doors rattling about.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's okay as long as it isn't turned up so loud that the speakers are distorting. Or if the car isn't sound-proofed properly and all you can hear is the vrrrrrr vmmmm vrrrrrr of the doors rattling about.

That makes me laugh at how people turn it up loud... the sound distorts because the shit speakers can't cope... and the trim rattles.

My, aren't you cool, showing how shite the car is.
  • Options
    No...unless it's 5am and I'm trying to sleep, it's happened a few times outside my house.
  • Options
    Yes its annoying especially when you have only just managed to get your baby/toddler to sleep!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Yes its annoying especially when you have only just managed to get your baby/toddler to sleep!
    That's why doctors advise you to play loud banging music onto the womb during pregnancy - then the kid comes out as a little raver :thumb:
  • Options
    That's why doctors advise you to play loud banging music onto the womb during pregnancy - then the kid comes out as a little raver :thumb:

With a glow stick in its hand!
  • Options

I did play loud music but he only likes what i like ;)
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    See now Abbie falls asleep better when her Daddy is playing with his stereo surround sound thingy in the house. Odd child. I think it comes from me playing the Foo Fighters full blast when I was pregnant and doing the hoovering or driving :D
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

exactly.

no it doesn't bother me but i don't like hearing the thudding of the music from my bedroom! especially at about 8 in the morning, always think it's a bit early for that type of music and at that volume!
  • Options
    i dont really give a fuck .. its the bastards in the stolen cars who make the big noise!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, it's annoying. Some people have it incredibly loud: it's not uncommon for my windows to rattle when a car with loud music passes by. And I live on the 4th floor!
  • Options
    As long as it's not early or late, I dont mind them doing a beep or two but there's some wankers who keep coming outside mine and it's beep beep beep beep beep beep beep then 30 seconds then they start again! I nearly been out a couple of times with my baseball bat, I swear they do it again and if I'm sleeping after nights or the baby is sleeping I'll be kicking off big style, cunts.

Apart from that though I don't see why you would sit stationary with your music on full blast outside, when I am driving around though I crank it right fucking up! Only way to ride!
  • Options
  • Options
    Cackers.

Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    if a car passes me with loud music fine but ...when all i get to hear is ...bump bump bump bump bump bump ...how the hell am i supposed to know what tune he's listening to and did you know ...driving with that pounding beat so loud has been proven to be dangerous!
    every wupf ...alters the air pressure massively in such a small confined space ...pounding your eardrums to the point of loosing balance.
    fine ...your sitting down but ...it is seriously altering your abilitities as a driver for the worse.
  • Options
    Anyone find it annoying when people with huge bass systems in their car drive into your quiet road and play their loud music whilst they're waiting for someone to come out of their house or honk their horns cos they're too lazy to ring the doorbell?
    Usually at 7 IN THE MORNING when I've not gone to sleep til 5 'cos I'm so nervous and I can't doze off again. :mad:
  • Options
    i can't stand posers who cruise around with their window down, arm hanging out and music blasting out (cause its usually shite or just 'bump bump bump bump')
    And the ones who have loud exhausts so they go zooming up a 30mph road showing off and nearly killing anyone in their path. Compensating much? :p