Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Know your local BNP candidate!

Democracy is great, what with the BNP candidates having to put their full name and address out for public consumption and everything.

In case anyone is interested, in Newcastle:
Jonathan Keys - 99 St John's Road, Benwell (Benwell & Scotswood)
Ken Booth - 91 Wingrove Avenue, Fenham (Elswick)
Alan Patterson - 101 Edgehill, Ponteland (Newburn)
John Mitchell - 61 Merlay Hall, Walker (Walker)
Daniel Thorlby - 8 Gladstone Street, Newcastle (Westgate)
Vivien Brown - 6 Inchcliffe Crescent, Newcastle (Wingrove)

The full list is here.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My pitchfork broke.
  • Options
    just had a BNP car drive past our house shouting some rubbish, they got the middle finger.

scumbags, they've erected a big board at the top of the hill near me as well, i want to damage it, but i feel broken legs coming

ETA: actually i forgot, they are a legitimate political party these days, they'd never do anything like that
  • Options
    I don't really see what the big deal is anyway with them. Who cares where they live? It's a mickey mouse party with no past, present or future. Jeez!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't have one as far as I can tell.

Lame.
  • Options
    No BNP candidates here
  • Options
    BNP will never win in my area, more non-whites than whites here, one of 5 places in country

town next door barking is dodgy though, full of white trash :p
  • Options
    This thread should be removed as it incites hatred. I don't like the BNP's ideas myself, but publishing their details (if that's what the site does... it doesn't work for me) is no better than them being involved with Redwatch.
  • Options
    Around here the BNP are no where to be seen, i havnt heard or seen anything of them. In fact i havnt seen anything anywhere around Leeds apart from Conservative support posters, not a Labour poster or leaflet or anything in site and surprisingly no Liberal Democrats around either...
  • Options
    This thread should be removed as it incites hatred. I don't like the BNP's ideas myself, but publishing their details (if that's what the site does... it doesn't work for me) is no better than them being involved with Redwatch.

The site is Newcastle City Council, they're legally require to post the names and addresses of all candidates from all parties. That's an absolute requirement of standing for election.

So I'm not going to remove public election information, or class Newcastle City Council as a hate site.

I will however state the obvious, democracy isn't based on violence, but the opposite. To take violent action against anyone for their political beliefs only justifies the behaviour of the worst politicians... So don't.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ken Booth - 91 Wingrove Avenue, Fenham (Elswick)

My friendly local BNP candidate. :thumb:

A bit too local for comfort, to be honest. Though the leaflet drop he did gave me the best laugh I've had in months.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I will however state the obvious, democracy isn't based on violence, but the opposite.

Obvious ? ? ? ? :confused:

All the evidence I have seen is that it is based on violence.
  • Options
    You think our society is based on violence? You should travel more.
  • Options
    Where do you suggest ?
  • Options
    Good lord.

Everything the government does is based on violence, how could you say otherwise?
  • Options
    Seriously, when you walk down the road to work, nip out to the pub, go rent a dvd, or just hang out in the park - does that really feel to you like a society based on violence?

I'm just curious as to when it feels like that to you?
  • Options
    What's the most profane thing you can do with a trowel?

I think I should just organise it so that we have an unofficial Pride rally that "happens" to pass their doors... Nothing illegal about that.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Seriously, when you walk down the road to work, nip out to the pub, go rent a dvd, or just hang out in the park - does that really feel to you like a society based on violence?

What have any of those examples got to do with "democracy" ?
  • Options
    Nothing soecific, but you live in a democracy, and you say it's based on violence. So I'm wondered at what point during your life in this democracy you feel it's based on violence.
  • Options

The road that was paid for through forced paying of taxes, that has rules and regulations put in place under threat of kidnap and the baton?

The pub that can only open with the licence that if not got will lead to the place being raided, that if it sells the "wrong" measures or the "wrong" substances will see everyone in it in a gulag in no time?

The dvd that you could download but if you rent you have to pay VAT on?

The society is steeped in violence to such an extent that it's almost invisible, thgis is true. The fact that there is total capitulation to it doesn't mean it's not there, you are just left with the constant threats.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Nothing soecific, but you live in a democracy, and you say it's based on violence. So I'm wondered at what point during your life in this democracy you feel it's based on violence.

You are making assertions that I don`t agree with (i.e. "live in a democracy" "BUT you say it`s based on violence"). I stated, based on personal experiences/evidence, that what you classify as a "democracy" IS based on violence.

That feeling has intensified with time,and further evidence obviously substantiates it. Looking back, with the luxury of hindsight, it has always been there.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

In this country?

The first step towards democracy - the Magna Carta - was based on violence (or rather the explicit threat of violence against the King John). The next most significant step - the English Civil War - was obviously based on violence, and concluded with the beheading of a human being.

Subsequently most of the essential reforms and alterations towards democracy were based on violence, a few examples of the top of my head:

- Reform Acts that widened voting rights (through violent demonstrations).
    - Continuous warfare against other undemocratic or democratic states (e.g. Spain, Revolutionary and Napoleonic France, Russian Empire, USSR, Germany). Other democracies were formed through violent opposition to British governance (e.g. the USA, the 'greatest democracy on earth').
    - Violent exploitation of vast tracts of the world's territory and population enabled prosperity and therefore the stability of the democratic system (e.g. Africa, China, Latin America, India, etc etc).
    - Violence led to the right for half of the population - women - to vote.

If you are saying that democracy as it exists today is not based on violence, that is equally untrue. Any state exists because it holds the (ostensibly) legitimate monopoly on violence. Democracy is based on violence because any successful state must rely upon it to survive and function. Violence = power. Any state that did not realise this would cease to exist.

How does a (democratic) state enforce the law? Through violence - physical supremacy over those who have broken the rules (or are deemed to have broken the rules) set in place. If this violence did not exist we would not live in a democracy, we would live in an anarchy.

This of course excludes the use of violence against exterior 'others' - the ability to "walk along the road to work, nip out to the pub, hang out in the park (etc)" is based on violence because our right to do these things is protected by violence, or the threat of violence, against various external others who would prohibit this, or simply wish us dead. As for your other example: our ability to rent a DVD is based on the violence committed against others in order to secure material resources (in this case oil) necessary for their manufacture (the ability to rent a DVD, however, is not a requisite for democracy).
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The road that was paid for through forced paying of taxes, that has rules and regulations put in place under threat of kidnap and the baton?

The pub that can only open with the licence that if not got will lead to the place being raided, that if it sells the "wrong" measures or the "wrong" substances will see everyone in it in a gulag in no time?

The dvd that you could download but if you rent you have to pay VAT on?

The society is steeped in violence to such an extent that it's almost invisible, thgis is true. The fact that there is total capitulation to it doesn't mean it's not there, you are just left with the constant threats.

How do you propose the roads be built? How can you keep everyone in order without these threats?
  • Options
    How do you propose the roads be built?

Who says they even need to be built in the first place?
    How can you keep everyone in order without these threats?

Why do you need to?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Who says they even need to be built in the first place?

Why do you need to?

It's human nature to do the best for ourselves, improve ourselves and feel protected. We'd still be hunter gatherers in caves if that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    It's human nature to do the best for ourselves, improve ourselves and feel protected. We'd still be hunter gatherers in caves if that wasn't the case.

So unless there was something stopping us, say for example coercive idiots, we'd probably have found a better way to move stuff around than cars and roads by now, maybe?

Why do you need to use force again?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So unless there was something stopping us, say for example coercive idiots, we'd probably have found a better way to move stuff around than cars and roads by now, maybe?

Why do you need to use force again?

I sincerly doubt that. Why do we need force, because there's always going to be a violent streak in humanity and you need to take care of that. I'll admit 90% of our laws, especially related to things like finance and shit is totally unnecessary but we do need protection.

Plus, how can humanity strive forward if it has no incentive to do so. People would just be lazy bums doing nothing. A lot of humans actually want to do something with their lives, and they don't mind living by the system if so be it.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    How do you propose the roads be built? How can you keep everyone in order without these threats?

How many people would YOU be prepared to kill in order to build a road ?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    The site is Newcastle City Council, they're legally require to post the names and addresses of all candidates from all parties. That's an absolute requirement of standing for election.

So I'm not going to remove public election information, or class Newcastle City Council as a hate site.

I will however state the obvious, democracy isn't based on violence, but the opposite. To take violent action against anyone for their political beliefs only justifies the behaviour of the worst politicians... So don't.
    Ahh Ok, the site wouldn't work for me... Assumed it was something nasty.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I really hope you don't ever expect to use the NHS...

We pay taxes, in return we get the police, the NHS, roads rebuilt and free education for our children.
    No, the police won't "raid" the place for selling the wrong measures... Trust me, if you've ever worked in the bar trade you'd know that. If there are a lot of drugs knowingly going around in a nightclub or party then of course it'll be raided... Just because araid happens does not mean it has to be a violent raid.
    You really need to travel.
  • Options
    We pay taxes, in return we get the police, the NHS, roads rebuilt and free education for our children.

If I put a gun to your head and demanded your property, would you find it acceptable if I was benevolent enough to offer "services" to you ?

You really need to travel.

If you can without being threatened.Driving licence ? Passport ? Soon to be ID card ? Don`t leave home without them............or else :eek2: :shocking: