Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Magic shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh my god I just remembered I had the most amazing shoes when I was 6!

They were black, but the sole of the shoe was pink, and there was a picture on the bottom. You got a key with the shoes, and when you turned the key in a hole at the side, a rose appeared on the sole! Soo amazing!

And it was really wierd because one day, I took my key to school with me in my pocket. But when I took it out again, there were two keys..... spooky!

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Clarks Magic steps? I had the grey ones but always wanted the white ones!

See the third ad down on this site clicky on the picture for full ad :D
  • Options
    And this years most random post goes to talia

:p
  • Options
    i wanted some of those, my mum wouldnt get me any because she said that they were just the same as any other shoes in clarks :(

atleast she got my shoes from clarks tho, i used to love that place because it had a mini play ground and slide and stuff in it,

my mate had the ones where you had a little ball in a maze in the sole, i wanted those aswell. i laughed the day that she walked through the flimsy bit of plastic protecting it and the ball rolled away across the playground and got lost :lol:

i was such an evil child
  • Options
    my..... what a sexy av you have my dear :flirt:

sorry iv only just noticed you'r using it *head swells up* *buffs nails etcetcetc
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    my..... what a sexy av you have my dear :flirt:

sorry iv only just noticed you'r using it *head swells up* *buffs nails etcetcetc

I wondered what the hell you were going on about until I remembered where i got it from

:D
  • Options
    I had a pair of them but black, i was only allowed black shoes dammit :p
    My mum used to get all my shoes from clarks when i was little, they have that groovy little foot measurer thing that you put your feet in and it measures the width and length. I used to proper hate going shoe shopping you'd always get your mum going, now walk up down the shop in them, do they rub, no tell the truth!
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I used to proper hate going shoe shopping you'd always get your mum going, now walk up down the shop in them, do they rub, no tell the truth!

My mum was the same and if I'm honest I'll do the same thing. Oh and we was need to have plently of growing room too.
  • Options
    I was too poor to have shoes like that! I think only two girls in my class had Magic Steps actually. My mum got all my shoes from StartRight, are they part of Clarks? I can't remember. There is a cheap shoe shop in our village that did StartRight at an ok price. It's crap for any other shoes though.

I was such a pain to buy shoes for, I've got really narrow feet, so they'd never have narrow enough shoes in stock. And when those little jodphur boots were in at our school, my ankles were too narrow for them as well. I hate shoe shopping.
  • Options
    i had those!

i remembered earlier that once when i was at primary school i stood scraping the bottom of my shoe on the ground for aggggges 'cause i wanted some new shoes.

my sister grassed on me. :grump:
  • Options
    I saw this thread and couldn't stop thinking about the Bearstein Bears and the book where Sister Bear got ballett slippers then she dreamed they were magic and stuff...
  • Options
    just watched loads of those adverts :)
    Love the sugar puffs advert with john Cooper Clark - hes actually a friend who just lives down the road. He dresses like that all the time.
  • Options
    I always used to get my shoes from Clarks whilst my feet were still growing, as my mum thought they'd be the best quality. I used have this little fetish about having my feet measured in there - the way it tickled as they pulled the tape measure tight and pulled the plastic bar down. Ahhhhh.
  • Options
    haha, 6 year old with a foot fetish :p
  • Options
    The thought of it makes me tingle!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I had shoes that flashed lights when I walked, at about 10! And at some point earlier I had shoes that played music when I pressed a button on them! :D
  • Options
    i had la gear flashy light trainers too. :cool:
  • Options
    I sooooooooooo wanted some Magic Steps but they didn't make them in a G fitting :(
  • Options
    They just had a picture of a princess on the sole that you could show by turning a key (keyhole also in the sole).
  • Options
    I had those :hyper:

And scarily I remember that advert like it was yesterday
  • Options
    I had shoes that flashed lights when I walked, at about 10!

We had them. And we had bright coloured spirly (?) laces which didn't need to be done up.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    They just had a picture of a princess on the sole that you could show by turning a key (keyhole also in the sole).

Mine had that and then there was a jewel in them as well. I want some now! :grump:

As someone who regularly fits boots/ridinghats/bodyarmour I get so annoyed with parents who want growing room. I can understand it as they grow so fast, but trying to convince a parent that things need to fit now to be safe can be very difficult. Still, bet when I have kids I'll be the same. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    id actually never heard of those shoes till now. Mind you my mum used to frown at me wearing girly stuff - at age 10 she bought me monkey boots when what I really wanted was these pink and blue dainty little shoes id seen in a crappy cheap shop.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

And scarily I remember that advert like it was yesterday

and me
  • Options
    id actually never heard of those shoes till now. Mind you my mum used to frown at me wearing girly stuff - at age 10 she bought me monkey boots when what I really wanted was these pink and blue dainty little shoes id seen in a crappy cheap shop.

id never heard of them either... which is quite wierd coz i was actually very girly as a child
  • Options
    I used to always want a pair of magic shoes - the ones with the key, but I was never allowed as they were too expensive :( One of my friends had them though so I was really jealous!

I did get a pair of trainers with the flashing lights in once, but they were hand-me-downs from a friend. The first time I went to wear them one of the batteries ran out so I only had one trainer flashing so I probably looked like a right looser!
  • Options
    oh wow, i always wanted flashing trainers! never got any though :grump:
  • Options
    We should have swapped mums. I still get floral shirts...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Mia_16 wrote:
    id never heard of them either... which is quite wierd coz i was actually very girly as a child

Little bit before your time methinks ;)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    We should have swapped mums. I still get floral shirts...
    lol yep, my mum was the one with the flat top hairstyle, hairy legs, big jumpers, feminist earring and holding a copy of spare rib :D
  • Options
    Ooh I had magic steps! God I can't belive I forgot them :) They were cool. I had the black ones for school