Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird Chat-up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else ever had this.....

Was at work last night and was serving this duo of (loser) guys... ("Loser" for the following) and had a quiet minute (sort of) and was just asking how their night had been so far etc etc and one of them pipes up "you're a good looking girl" etc and then says "Are you on bebo?" I mean come on...........WTF is that for a chat up line?? Apparently they went round every female member of staff saying exactly the same thing. How desperate can two guys be?

Just found it really odd, and well, sad.

Anyone else had anything like this??

Comments

• Options
    No, but I hate when people take drunken photos of me and then tell me they're 'goin on bebo'. Cunts.
  • Options
    We have folk kicked out for taking pics of staff. and keep the camera til we get rid of pics. Thankfully I don't care about pics going up of me being pissed, when Im not working it's a permenent state!
  • Options
    Haha, why anyone would take pictures of staff is beyond me. It's not the drunken ones I care so much about, it's the 'holy fuck, what's he on' ones. Incriminating to say the least. When you're not working, you're permanently pissed? Are you an alcoholic?
  • Options
    It's an exageration. Not really constantly pissed. Just like a good night out. Ye thing people always catch me doing things I shouldn't while under the influence (Me?!?! Miss Behave NEVER....)

But (back on topic) I think that may be the worst line I have ever heard used!
  • Options
    I wasn't being entirely serious about you being an alco :p. On topic, it's a pretty poor line. I don't use lines etc. Just chat, and if they're interested I'll know, but at the same time I never really approach girls with the intention of chatting them up. Just kinda happens from time to time. I'd certainly never ask them if they had bebo, at any stage of the night, never mind when I first get chatting!
  • Options
    It was a "What has the world come to?" moment!
  • Options
    Yes, it is a really weird chat-up line tbh. it's like he was too lazy to do the proper effort! Like, once you told him your bebo address, he was going to start flirting with you then, online, instead of in person???? Weird..
  • Options
    I know. People are losing their ability to communicate in traditional manners. It seems even if someone doesn't call or text you to tell you about something these days it's ok because they 'posted it on your bebo'. No.
  • Options
    Don't use my bebo tbh, and why can guys not just chat anymore? (And no I wouldn't have been interested anyway).
  • Options
    Of course guys can still chat. Those two twunts are just exceptions to the rule. I've never come across anyone who actually does stuff like that. It's the bebo/myspace/facebook thing replacing normal communication among friends which annoys me. It's good for keeping in touch with old friends etc but it's not good for organising a night out or something, when a quick call or text sorts things much easier.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Of course guys can still chat. Those two twunts are just exceptions to the rule. I've never come across anyone who actually does stuff like that. It's the bebo/myspace/facebook thing replacing normal communication among friends which annoys me. It's good for keeping in touch with old friends etc but it's not good for organising a night out or something when a quick call or text sorts things much easier.
    Yes, definitely. Do people really try to organise a night out on bebo/myspace, etc?
  • Options
    Yeah. Totally agree with you mate. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had this kind of rubbish directed at them.
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    Yeah. Totally agree with you mate. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had this kind of rubbish directed at them.
    Not me...
  • Options
    Not usually, but you'll get the odd one who posts about going to the cinema or something. Then you don't read it till later that night when it's too late and you might have pursued the idea had you been informed earlier. A text or call obviously would have been better.
  • Options
    That was to the post about people organising nights out.
  • Options
    Gathered hun! It's weird how quickly people change there main methods of contact... *feels old all of a sudden*
  • Options
    Slightly off subject, I found a weirdo's comments on my blog today.. kind of what KHSS was telling about her myspace. He rambled on about something like "You're a doll, I'd pull down the stars and the moon for you..." or something. And then he left his messenger address. I was like, um And you are???
  • Options
    "who the hell do you think you are?!...." Family guy styleee....
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    "who the hell do you think you are?!...." Family guy styleee....
    Um, forgive my ignorance... Family guy would be?
  • Options
    It's a cartooned series. Very funny and a mate sent me a caption from it about broccoli to my phone. Just remind me of the right attitude to have when saying "and you are?"
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    It's a cartooned series. Very funny and a mate sent me a caption from it about broccoli to my phone. Just remind me of the right attitude to have when saying "and you are?"
    Oh right, those cartoons... I think I've watched one or two episodes.. They're funny! I've never heard him say "who do you think you are" though. Maybe I should learn from him!
  • Options
    I think we could all learn a thing or too....

Definately hitting sleep deprivation time. Might be time to toddle off to bed, but would be interested to see if anyone has had something simialr pulled on them.
  • Options
    Well, I'm off to bed myself. Good night :wave:
  • Options
    What does "Are you on bebo?" means? (sorry got a fucking foreigner brain i don't get it)
  • Options
    What does "Are you on bebo?" means? (sorry got a fucking foreigner brain i don't get it)
    At first I though it was an contraceptive implant, but now I think it's a website like myspace
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    At first I though it was an contraceptive implant, but now I think it's a website like myspace

oh i see... thanks ;)
  • Options
    someone come upto me in town the other day and said they recognized me and then asked if i was on myspace , which i am. Bit wierd really, bar works the best for wierd chat up lines ... also fun to laugh at the drunks even though I'm usually drunk aswell :D
  • Options
    I once had someone ask me i was a parking ticket, when i asked why he said it was cos i had fiiiine written all over me....

Then he fell over.

Then he got kicked out.

Aaaah whoever said romance is dead??
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    someone come upto me in town the other day and said they recognized me and then asked if i was on myspace , which i am. Bit wierd really, bar works the best for wierd chat up lines ... also fun to laugh at the drunks even though I'm usually drunk aswell :D

i can guarentee it wasnt me, ive yet still to see your face out and about in town, altho if i'd had a few cans of red stripe you will probably get attacked at some point.
  • Options
    Not really a chatup but he asked for my I.D. because he wanted to talk to me. Awh