Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you do with £5000?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd buy a Sansui AU-Alpha707. I'd take £250 from it to tidy up bits on my motorbike. I'd then give the remaining £4500 or thereabouts to Olivia Clarke and the NSPCC.
  • Options
    Buy a nice little car, but a few years old so that I didn't lose a few grand on it when I drove it off the forecourt.
  • Options
    Hire a personal trainer to whip my arse into shape.
  • Options
    I'd buy 500,000 penny chews :yum:

Or maybe go shopping and blow it all, and go to a health spa and chill out :cool:
  • Options
    I would pay my rent and over draft off, stock my cupboards with yummy stuff and buy a bed, anything left over would probably be spent down the pub.......
  • Options
    buy a bit of that expensive japanese steak
  • Options
    Oh my, £5000?

Hmm, a holiday for my parents, a new computer for my computer-geek-fiance and new clothes / make-up for myself with whatever money I had left!
  • Options
    I'd buy a Sansui AU-Alpha707. .

With a name like that I was expecting a Motor Bike
  • Options
    I think it would only pay off half my student loan :(

So I won't try! I'd just keep it as spending money for luxuries so I don't need to worry about above loan and my wages. Probably get a new digi cam, a nice holiday, and a really nice tux - I've wanted one for ages but I can't find one. Sigh.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I think it would only pay off half my student loan :(

Ye Gods! :eek:

I would be pathalogically unable to spend it, but it would make paying my £300 fuel bill less of a bitter pill to swallow.
  • Options
    I'd give half to me Mam and Dad, and pay off about £1500 worth of my debts, and spend the rest on money for when I venture Thailand. :)
  • Options
    I'd help my parents pay off a few debts that they've got, they need the money more than I do. Then i'd look at sorting myself out a place to rent for when I work in London in a couple of months. Daunting.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Ye Gods! :eek:

i'll owe around £13,000 to the student loans company when i've finished my 3rd year. :hyper:
  • Options
    I think it's so wrong that you have to start your adult life in that amount of debt. :no:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Piss it up a wall I expect.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Sell my car and buy an S2000 :D
  • Options
    Use a grand to pay off debts, 2 grand for a business venture i have in mind, then 2 grand on clothes and a holiday and living it up for a few days
  • Options
    tho i could be lying as i was given 5 grand once and all i have is a bed to show for it, gutted but i enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I'd love to be good and say I'd pay off my credit cards.

The boss will spend it on a new kitchen and bathroom, that's a given, but I would want to spend it on a holiday back to Oz.
  • Options
    I'd buy myself a laptop, which I'd probaby spend about £800 on and get one like the boyfriends because they're cool. Then I might put some aside for driving and my test(s - I'll never pass first time :) ), and fix everything that's wrong with my car, and get power steering in it. God knows how much I've spent by now. I'd probaby pay for my holidays and buy loads of stuff I want but don't need :D
  • Options
    I would give half to my boyfriend and buy a car with the rest, sorted.
  • Options
    Actually, I've changed my mind.

I'd take a contract out on Brian Souter. Watching him screaming and begging to die would be a bargain at twice the price.
  • Options
    first i'd buy this really good tent kit thing i've seen, which is only 30 quid. then i'd buy myself some nice make up and i'd buy my boyfriend a decent 21st pressie...
  • Options
    Buy myself a car and start lessons again, get a laptop. Possibly give some to my brother as hes skint and could do with a treat.
  • Options
    I would buy some DVD box sets, kiddy stuff- a bike (one of those funky friends ones), summer shoes, and blue clothes. Put the rest towards debts.
  • Options
    With a name like that I was expecting a Motor Bike

Nooo... just one of the finest-sounding amplifiers ever :). Besides, what kind of motorbike would I get for £250? ;)

I have noticed that I'm the only person who has put a charity as part of what I'd do with my cash. You're all mean!
  • Options
    Nooo... just one of the finest-sounding amplifiers ever :). Besides, what kind of motorbike would I get for £250? ;)

I have noticed that I'm the only person who has put a charity as part of what I'd do with my cash. You're all mean!

Charity starts at home and all that ;)

ETA: Well I give to charity on a regular basis anyway.
  • Options
    When I was a little more flush than I am now I had 10% of my wages before tax going to the NSPCC.

You're all mean still. Apart from ButtonMoon. ;)
  • Options
    I would use it to partly pay for a masters degree in the UK.
  • Options
    Sensible: pay debts

Non-sensible: go on the sesh of doom

:chin: