Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls: being wolf whistled at

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
  • Options
    Im a builder and I dont really whistle at women, but to be fair Im not often working in a town or on a main road. Its usually the women that are shouting out bob the builder, god damn that little cartoon fuck is the bain of my life.
  • Options
    It annoys me when I'm on my own and someone beeps or shouts at me, because it makes me jump. Wolf whistles are ok. Can be annoying when I'm having a bad day, but hey ho.

What REALLY annoys me is when they just stare. And stare and stare and stare. Like, yes, I'm a girl, I'm wearing a skirt, WHAT A RARITY. Or go "nice arse/skirt/tits". FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

What REALLY annoys me is when they just stare. And stare and stare and stare. Like, yes, I'm a girl, I'm wearing a skirt, WHAT A RARITY. Or go "nice arse/skirt/tits". FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

:heart: you too!
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    :heart: you too!
    :D:heart:
  • Options
    These days I seem to get "Oi! Fahcking dyyyyke" when I'm walking home down Holloway Road far more than I get whistled at. But tbh I think if anyone does whistle at me it's just cos I happen to be a creature with boobs, nothing to do with attractiveness or not. And I hate it. I wouldn't do it to a guy, or even another woman, I don't understand what makes guys think they have the right.

Growl.
  • Options
    I take it as a compliment. But I don't like to feel intimidated.
  • Options
    I'm a lad and i've had it happen to me a couple of times, haha. Its only a laugh at the end of the day, i don't do it myself but some people get too easily offended by these things. I could understand if they were doing something negative but who cares?
  • Options
    lol i love it....sad i know but it makes ya feel good...even tho its not really a personal compliment, cos most girls get it
  • Options
    I like it too. I mean, it's just a bit of harmless fun.
    Nice to get a compliment every now and again even if it's as lame as that. :p
  • Options
    Looking at some of these posts are quite worrying in that they describe some women receiving quite agressive behaviour..... far from the 'harmless fun' it is 'meant' as.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    And, if you shout something or whistle at someone and they don't take it as a compliment, but get angry or annoyed, it doesn't necessarily mean they are being over sensitive. What it probably means is that you have behaved in a thoughtless and inconsiderate way and should think before you act in future.

I have to say that I agree unanimously to that.

I do not see wolf-whistleing as harmless fun, more like a rude fun which only pleases one party. Some people may not agree with me... (I'm not calling names...) and iI prefer no argument erupts from this.

I think the wolf-whistlers' main reason is that they see it as harmless fun, when, in some cases, it isn't. I'm just happy I've never seen it over here. Either I'm not outside that often, which is very plausible, or the people over here are very well behaved - an even more plausible theory :D.

If I remember correctly, there's another thread on this, where I got shouted at that wolf-whistleing is harmless fun... Why don't we ask the girls?
  • Options
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Can someone link me to Ballerina's original post? All I can find is this thread on lads mags, which had me rolling on the floor thanks to Walkindude's insightful comments :D
    here i don't know if you really want to read through all that though!
  • Options
    From personal experience should I say then...

I have never recieved a wolf whistle in an aggressive/intimidating way as far as I know. It has all been harmless for me.

Whether they are being sarky or genuinely think I'm fit. I don't know. Personally I don't care for the reason. I would just laugh it off inside and think 'wahey, still got it' in a joking way **shrugs**

:)
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    it annoys me coz you never know if they're just takin the mick or if they actually think your fit.

Same here. The last time it happened I yelled at them to piss off.
  • Options
    lol which feeds their pleasure
  • Options
    i love it

makes me cream it does.
  • Options
    Lmao. Unless you're utterly ugly, as in have some kind of legs growing out of head defect, then they'll be giving you positive attention. Its only fun, some people analyse everything.