Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls: being wolf whistled at

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    it annoys me coz you never know if they're just takin the mick or if they actually think your fit.
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    it annoys me coz you never know if they're just takin the mick or if they actually think your fit.

nah believe me if your fit then you'll get the whistle.

Unless of course your a total minger and then it's a pisstake.

And rule #1 when you get wolf whistled. Don't turn round. Cause that just says "I love myself" and that's a no-no. Plus well embarressing if it's someone else who was being whistled and your so full of yourself you thought it was you.

:p
  • Options
    i never turn round when it happens anyway, i never like to give them the satisfaction lol
  • Options
    I live in a very rough area in Birmingham and I stand out as there are very few whites in the area, and I am a blonde white girl. I never used to get looked at or whistled at etc when I lived elsewhere but now I can walk to uni (15 minute walk) and I can have several car horns being beeped at me, guys shouting or whistling out their car windows at me, cars driving slowly past me etc. Today, it was warm as I walked home and so I took my jacket off. I was just wearing a strap top on my top half and I had at least 6 guys giving me unwanted attention.

At first I did think it was quite funny and gave me a bit of confidence, but now I do find it annoying and I do get worried sometimes as I have had a few guys tryign to get me into their cars, following me and one guy was offering to pay to have sex with me and was following me down roads and trying to block my path. I have always got away after threatening to phone the police, or finding shortcuts where cars can't get through, or just ignoring them until they get bored, but I do worry that one day I won't be able to get out of a bad situation like that. Luckily I am moving to a very nice area in Warwick in a months time.
  • Options
    I like it, its just a bit of fun after all. I think some people take things too seriously in life.

Obviously I always react with "Oh my God I hate it when people whistle like that its so annoying" but inside I'm always smiling! x
  • Options
    There was some trollope that someone on my team was buddied up with last week with like a 3 inch skirt on, and she was moaning about how blokes kept looking at her on the bus and how she thought they should be arrested and how she felt violated all that shit.

She wasn't even fit, the ones who think they got wolf whistled at hardly ever are :p
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:

depends how confident you are.

no i don't mind but i do if they're mingers.

it's a bit embarrassing getting pipped when you're on your own walking down the street!
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't like it
  • Options
    Cant stand it, that or beeping horns or that kind of comment.

Makes me feel like I look cheap and easy, even when I know I don't. :yeees:
  • Options
    I dont think its happened since I was 14, whether I should be glad or sad... :p But yes, its lame. Going for a walk with a friend when your conversation is rudley interupted by car horns and retards.
    Nothing but pathetic bored teenage boys who just got their license and have nothing better to do than drive around anyways.
  • Options
    I've only been wolf whistled once and I was quite flattered.
  • Options
    depends how confident you are.

it's a bit embarrassing getting pipped when you're on your own walking down the street!

im not very confident in the way i look anyway, i always get people telling me i'm fit, and that im just paranoid, but thats prob why i always fink they're takin the mick
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I just laugh nowadays, doesn't bother me unless there's a rude comment following it and then that annoys me if it's really uncouth. Whistles/beeps don't bother me, i'll never be able to change the fact that people do it (i've done it myself) but blokes shouting "awite, get your baps out" or something similar really gets my goat. There's just no need.

I've tried several ways of dealing with whistles and stuff and just ignoring it or smiling is the best way. One car full of lads a couple of years ago caught me on a bad morning, started yelling really horrible rubbish out of their window so i gave them the finger and shouted f off back. They slowed down and went to turn round and i thought whoopsie here we go. Definite no to confrontation.
  • Options
    Depends what mood I'm in. It always gives me a giggle.

I remember on work experience, I had to wear a beauticians uniform (ten times nicer than the one I wear to college) and that got me some attention.

Saying that, so does the stupid college ones (which are manky)... I don't know why lads find girls in beauty uniforms attractive?? Is it the fact they cover your arse and your cleavage? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Men who do it to me usually regret it, because I'm a loud mouthed stroppy feminazi bitch who tells them to fuck off. I really hate it; it's not that I think blokes shouldn't look at and admire attractive women, of course they will do that. But I hate being whistled at. After all, I'm not a dog.

And amen to that.

I don't find it intimidating in the slightest [on the majority of occasions], to be honest, but I do find it rude and annoying. I don't generally take it as a compliment (harhar) because I think a fair few of the fellas who are inclined to wolf whistle will do so at any passing marginally attractive/short beskirted female.

I have to say it's marginally "better" than a car horn out of the blue or a fuck-off massive YELL as they go past, though, which is where you're getting into heart attack territory... Especially since I find it happens a lot of the time on deserted or very quiet roads.
  • Options
    I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I get it quite often. I never look back although sometimes I do give them a horrible evil pissed off stare in their side mirror if they have come up from behind. I was out the other day and a van came up behind me and on the way past the men in it beeped the horn and shouted "nice arse". I was on my own. I find it very embarassing and insulting to be honest because I never know if they are taking the piss or being honest.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    And amen to that.

I don't find it intimidating in the slightest [on the majority of occasions], to be honest, but I do find it rude and annoying. I don't generally take it as a compliment (harhar) because I think a fair few of the fellas who are inclined to wolf whistle will do so at any passing marginally attractive/short beskirted female.

I have to say it's marginally "better" than a car horn out of the blue or a fuck-off massive YELL as they go past, though, which is where you're getting into heart attack territory... Especially since I find it happens a lot of the time on deserted or very quiet roads.

well briggi remembers the time when me and her were out drinking and she had to pretend to be my mrs, as this gay guy wanted to take me home
  • Options
    I've had it done to me a couple of times, a very odd experience, its quite intimidating I think.
  • Options
    Are you a he or a she bong?
  • Options
    Are you a he or a she bong?

Bong is a he.

I remember there being a similar thread to this a while ago, ended up arguing about objectification of women...AGAIN! I think it's harmless fun if done in the right context, a wee whistle with an innocent wink or whatever is alright, shouting "get your baps out" or something isn't.
  • Options
    Yeah it was by Ballerina I think. I was trying not to get into that again, just by stating my opinion and then running away :p
  • Options
    Yeah it was by Ballerina I think. I was trying not to get into that again, just by stating my opinion and then running away :p
    :yes: was me, a rant about men who honk/shout from cars turned into a gazillion page long argument
    honking/shouting is uncalled for....whistling is ok i guess, but it still irritates me because they probably only do it if you're a decent looking girl
    its when it turns to harrassment when its wrong....like when i was on my own outside school and two guys came up to me asking to give them blowjobs and wouldn't leave me alone
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Men who do it to me usually regret it, because I'm a loud mouthed stroppy feminazi bitch who tells them to fuck off. I really hate it; it's not that I think blokes shouldn't look at and admire attractive women, of course they will do that. But I hate being whistled at. After all, I'm not a dog.

:heart: you!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It has happens to me from time to time and I like it, my sister says she likes it and I quite often whislte myself. I don't see it as a big thing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It doesn't happen often because I usually look pretty hostile walking down the street. (I like to think so) but when it does it's flattering but if it's a car it always scares the shit out of me and I usually yell ARGHHHH.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rachael wrote:
    I usually yell ARGHHHH.
    If you pull an axe out of your bag and run at them when you do that, they'll have second thoughts next time. :p
  • Options
    If you pull an axe out of your bag and run at them when you do that, they'll have second thoughts next time. :p

Hehe yeah!! 'Can I have a copy of heat magazine please?'

- Sold out

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH