Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumb animals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So lets have some dumb animal stories then. THanks to ballerina's thread, made me think about it.

Boyfriends parents dog would lick the toilet bowl cleaner brush, therefore drinking all the toilet bowl cleaner left in the bottem of the holder.

I also once had a fish that would just sit in the corner of the tank upside down. But when you tried to flush it it would swim and be alive.

Comments

• Options
    My cat used to try and drink out of the toilet until it fell in. It didn't make that mistake again :D
  • Options
    2 of my cats (male) are gay for each other, have been since the youngest one joined us
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My mate's cat would lick this REALLY manky screg at the bottom of his bin, it was all black and eww.

My budgie was scared of a yellow pen. I had to poke the pen at him when putting in seed or water or he would really badly attack me. He also got lost in my room, and got stuck between the wall and a cabinet. Bear in mind there is less than 1cm gap between them.
  • Options
    think i posted this a while ago but sod it. all hail the stupid dog
  • Options
    my dog once ate an entire cricket ball.
  • Options
    my dog once got stuck on the garage roof (very dangerous its made of rusty tin and is full of holes) and as i risked my life to climb on and get him he saw the post man in the st and jumped off (about 12 ft) to go and eat him. The postman battered him with his bag tho so it was all ok
  • Options
    My dog was barking one night and my mum just kept shouting down the stairs for it to stfu...
    When we went down in the morning he was sitting cowered as far back in his basket as he could get and the hamster had escaped.
    We found the hamster curled up beside the cage with a ball of purple fluff and dog food.
    It had been going down the back of the fridge, across the room, stealing fluff from the dog's blanket and food from his bowl then climbing back up and storing it.
    My dog just sat and barked at it...all night!

The dog also got chased by the hamster on a regular basis, ate a tube of toothpaste and decided it could walk on water....among other things.

My fish used to swim upside down. I used to laugh at it cause it was stupid.
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    My fish used to swim upside down. I used to laugh at it cause it was stupid.

if you feed upside down goldfish a pea it sorts them out.

true story.
  • Options
    I had a goldfish that jumped out of the pond 4 times, put it back and it was fine everytime :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My dad said he had a dog when he was young, that kept climbing the iron stairs to the roof of their house and then would be afraid to climb back down, so they had to lower him in a basket. Again and again.
    His cat used to hate the sight of fish for some reason: whenever he put fish in his bowl, whole or part, he'd just run away as if he'd seen a monster. He stopped doing that though.

This is more smart (for a cat) than stupid, but also funny:
    His other cat (who died :() used to make a mess out of every plant in the house, and my dad would get mad and shout "I'm going to drive you to the MOUNTAIN and leave you there!". Then one day, we were watching TV and the cat was nearby, and my dad said "That's a nice view of that mountain!" The moment he said "mountain", the cat disappeared.

EDIT:
    One more: There was a gate at a house somewhere, that every time someone passed by you'd hear: "BONK! Woof woof woof woof woof!" The stupid dog behind would run to the door so fast that he couldn't stop before banging his head on it. And he never learnt either!
  • Options
    We lock the cat flap one way so they can get out but not back in. But one of my cats has managed to find a way to hook her claw under, pull it backwards, catch it on her head and come in. Until I caught her doing it one day I couldn't understand how she kept being in when she was locked out.

The other cat, however, sits and watches her do this. He will then take a running jump at the cat flap and hit his head. He'll do this ad infinitum as far as I can tell. Stupid boy.
  • Options
    Get a sledgehammer and kill them all...wee fucking cunts
  • Options
    Some stories, mostly involving drugs.

Got one mate's dog really stoned on weed. It went mad and started running into doors and walls and stuff. Was hilarious at the time. Got a mate's cat stoned once and it just lay there doing fuck all. Probably wasn't even stoned - cats are no craic.

My mate gave a duck an e inside a piece of bread. We were feeding a group of them bread and he thought it would be a good idea. We kept them around for a while with bread and kept an eye on spiked duck. He started getting really aggressive after a while and soon none of the other ducks would go near him. Obviously ecstasy doesn't go down too well with ducks.

One other time we were camping, this time only we were on the drugs. Decided to go on an early morning hike around the neighbouring fields in search of the lake we knew which was near by. We all climbed into one field, and were greeted by the site of about 20 cows looking at us. It's a bit disconcerting, until one of your mates lets out a big roar and runs at them. The cows ran like fuck away from him...straight into a fucking hedge. Stupid bastards.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Some stories, mostly involving drugs.

My mate gave a duck an e inside a piece of bread. We were feeding a group of them bread and he thought it would be a good idea. We kept them around for a while with bread and kept an eye on spiked duck. He started getting really aggressive after a while and soon none of the other ducks would go near him. Obviously ecstasy doesn't go down too well with ducks.

My brother did that. He said the duck did nothing for about 5 mins then started pecking the ground like a mentalist! They called it "Techno Duck", laughed at it for 10 minutes than got bored and wandered off...

His friend fed a quarter of an e to a hamster once aswell. It didn't do anything for about 10 minutes so they got bored and sat down. Then they heard this squeeling noise and it was the hamster running in its wheel like it was on...well...e... It then stopped dead, spun round in the wheel a few times than fellover and died. Poor little fucker!
    They are sick bastards!

We got my mates cat stoned once. It was standing on the worktop trying to jump to the table but it couldn't judge it. It tried, missed completely and fell flat on it's face on the floor :p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

thats well harsh, it probably died of a heart attack or something!! id be agressive too if i got spiked when i thort i was just munching on a nice piece of hovis :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    thats well harsh, it probably died of a heart attack or something!! id be agressive too if i got spiked when i thort i was just munching on a nice piece of hovis :p

Aye, it wasn't me, seriously. I like ducks! We can't tell one of our mates the story, because he absolutely loves ducks. Everyone is told to keep it secret from him. And, you wouldn't get aggressive if you were spiked with an e :p probably the opposite.
  • Options
    thats what I was thinking
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    specially if it was best of bost :p:p

Lolzy, I never relised how Evil you were before :(
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Aye, it wasn't me, seriously. I like ducks! We can't tell one of our mates the story, because he absolutely loves ducks. Everyone is told to keep it secret from him. And, you wouldn't get aggressive if you were spiked with an e :p probably the opposite.
    yes i never get agressive when "other people" *cough* spike *cough* me with pils :p

i love ducks, there ace. im gonna have a house duck instead of a dog when i get my own place. there ace :D

and im gonna be really original and call it jemima
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Lolzy, I never relised how Evil you were before :(

Heeeey, the duck was Fucky, the hamster was his stupid friend and the cat was, technically it's owner and Fucky :p

I did say they were sick bastards!

I just laughted at the cat because it was funny. It wasn't hurt or anything.
  • Options
    Wouldn't a house duck shit all over the place?

My mate wants a pet one, but in Edinburgh there's no personal gardens, so it's a no go.
  • Options
    thats what I was thinking, ducks cant be house trained,
  • Options
    how do you know? (that wasnt ment to be bitchy i was just wondering)

you can house train anything cant you?

when its a baby feed it and carry it to a litter tray type thing and feed it a treat once its poo'd

ta da! or am i just being a bit optemistic? i was gonna have a paddling pool in the corner of my living room for him and everything :cry:
  • Options
    Well if Joey can keep one while living in a New York apartment anyone can do it, it's Joey ffs! ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    Nope, I had a friend who had ducks n said he couldn't,

Also my micey couldnt be house trained, I think only certain animals can
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Well if Joey can keep one while living in a New York apartment anyone can do it, it's Joey ffs! ;) :thumb:

thats what i thort :crying:

my puddle duck will leave puddles :crying:
  • Options
    maybe i am wrong, go for it but it'll be messy

:D ducks are yummy though :yes:
  • Options
    *covers ears* la la la la la la la

i cant hear you......

* la la la la there once was an ugly duckling with feathers all fluffy and brown
    and the other birds......*
  • Options
    Crispy duck pancakes from the chinese :yum:

(I'm not allowed to tell my mate I eat those either)