Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The emo subculture...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    Emu's rock.

Holy jumping burning fucking ninja jesus.

That's a fucking guard emu. It's eaten a crocodile and stolen it's teeth.

I didn't think emu had teeth........
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Ask a silly question- but what does 'emo' stand for?
    im guessing from reading threads on here it means 'grungy but not a goth'?
    Emo stands for Emotional - a type of music that seems to be very popular with teenagers right now - think, My Chemical Romance and you're pretty much there. A lot of dyed black and red hair swept across faces, lots of backcombing, lots of horrific red and black (crackwhore) style makeup, black drainpipe jeans, converse shoes and a black zippy.

That's the general gist anyway.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    True that.

I just live in my jeans, t shirt, leather. What else does a man need?!

wedding/court outfit and work out wear. Other than that- nowt.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Ask a silly question- but what does 'emo' stand for?

It's a bit like the "Chav" terminology...it's another way for the middle/upper class (fact by the way) to act superior and stick their noses up at those "yobs" i.e. working class without for once taking into consideration the economic and social conditions they live under...emo culture stems from the goth/grunge culture, with the odd exception, they're the "alienated :rolleyes: " youth...nothing but wee dicks...sure they may be harmless as one person has mentioned but they are impressionable youths who will grow out of it...a "chav" knows who he is, and he knows where his place is...that's why I have more respect for them than any two-bit emo head that ever walked this earth.

ETA:A chav to me isn't someone who dresses like a chav or even acts like one, it's a certain persona that no one here except a few understand, and never will, and you know what? I don't give a fuck cos I don't care what you stuck up cunts think. Chav and proud! :D
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Hell, any trend that lets me shout 'CAN YOU DIG IT!?!' randomly is A ok with me.

I'm in!
    I can dig it and I want in! Is that a mets baseball uniform?
    Ooo can I go around saying "Emo's..COME OUT TO PLAY!!!"
    And folks can we not slander the converse's they were cool before Emo's nicked them, Will Smith says so, and chuck norris.
  • Options
    the emos at my school seem to be popular/bitchy mixed with quiet nice people
    they're usually arty, have dyed black hair with coloured hairbands/ribbons, seen alot of black with white poka dots recently
    guys have stupidly long hair that covers their faces
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's a bit like the "Chav" terminology...it's another way for the middle/upper class (fact by the way) to act superior and stick their noses up at those "yobs" i.e. working class without for once taking into consideration the economic and social conditions they live under...emo culture stems from the goth/grunge culture, with the odd exception, they're the "alienated :rolleyes: " youth...nothing but wee dicks...sure they may be harmless as one person has mentioned but they are impressionable youths who will grow out of it...a "chav" knows who he is, and he knows where his place is...that's why I have more respect for them than any two-bit emo head that ever walked this earth.

ETA:A chav to me isn't someone who dresses like a chav or even acts like one, it's a certain persona that no one here except a few understand, and never will, and you know what? I don't give a fuck cos I don't care what you stuck up cunts think. Chav and proud! :D
    yep you definatly sound like a chav :p
    eta: chavs are no better than emos tbh, as bad as each other - at my age anyway
  • Options
    nothing wrong with emo's or chavs.... only something wrong with a lot of the ppl in this thread that generalise them.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    nothing wrong with emo's or chavs.... only something wrong with a lot of the ppl in this thread that generalise them.
    Not I, I just want to wear a baseball outfit and swing a bat about. Hmm maybe I should join somekind of league; do ya think they'll let me wear crazy make up and hit the opposition?!
  • Options
    COF wrote:
    the only difference being emos dressing darker clothing and a few try and act depressed

I'm not agreeing with this statement or the OP generalisation but that made me laugh! :D:lol:
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    Not I, I just want to wear a baseball outfit and swing a bat about. Hmm maybe I should join somekind of league; do ya think they'll let me wear crazy make up and hit the opposition?!

wwe?
  • Options
    Can you dig it?

Can.....you....dig it?!

CAN.......YOU........DIG IT!?!
  • Options
    I produce AKA the undertaker you want to come down to the underground old school - here's a shovel can dig it fool can you dig it we can dig it Can y'll dig it we can dig it
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Get over yourself.
  • Options
    Get over yourself.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Get over yourself.

:lol::thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    , it's a certain persona that no one here except a few understand, and never will

That sounds EMO.

EEEMMMOOOOOO

Chav, Emo, whatever. They're all silly subcultures who divide themselves. Most people will hopefully grow out of such purile highschool toss. Some don't. Fuck em. If they want to divide themselves from the rest of the world because of such stupidy, fuck em.

Let the ret of us get on with getting on with life.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That sounds EMO.

EEEMMMOOOOOO

Chav, Emo, whatever. They're all silly subcultures who divide themselves. Most people will hopefully grow out of such purile highschool toss. Some don't. Fuck em. If they want to divide themselves from the rest of the world because of such stupidy, fuck em.

Let the ret of us get on with getting on with life.

Here fuck off ya dick..
  • Options
    Bring back the Greasers!

Grease%20Greasers.jpg
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It's all a load of bollocks. If you make serious assumptions about people simply based on the way they look, you're an idiot.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    It's all a load of bollocks. If you make serious assumptions about people simply based on the way they look, you're an idiot.

hardly dude. The clothes people wear are a social uniform, the way they the speak is a clear indication of how they think, and way they carry themselves is body language.

Making assumptions about a person by how they appear is very reasonable. It's when you let these assumptions prevent you from actually getting to know the person that makes you an idiot.
  • Options
    hardly dude. The clothes people wear are a social uniform, the way they the speak is a clear indication of how they think, and way they carry themselves is body language.

Making assumptions about a person by how they appear is very reasonable. It's when you let these assumptions prevent you from actually getting to know the person that makes you an idiot.

See, this I agree with. You can't help but judge people on their appearance when you first meet them, it just happens. But if youthen go on to say you won't get to know them further because of it, its just silly.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    ...a "chav" knows who he is, and he knows where his place is...that's why I have more respect for them than any two-bit emo head that ever walked this earth ...

So what does a Chav 'know' what he is and what is his place? Please expand. :confused:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    shove a dildo in your ear you cunt :thumb:

Have you ever considered a career in the diplomatic service?
  • Options
    aye
  • Options
    Turlough, I am still kinda interested in what you mean by 'a "chav" knows who he is, and he knows where his place is' ... what do you mean by that?
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    wwe?
    wwe?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

I said that if you make 'serious' assumptions based on somebody appearance then you are an idiot, and I stand by that.

This place has taught me that. Here we have people of all backgrounds and subcultures getting along with one another, simoly because appearance isn't an issue.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What i want to know is what happened to gemo, we don't hear nearly enough about it any more ;(
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I said that if you make 'serious' assumptions based on somebody appearance then you are an idiot, and I stand by that.

This place has taught me that. Here we have people of all backgrounds and subcultures getting along with one another, simoly because appearance isn't an issue.
    I guess what it really comes down to is what ya qualify as a 'serious' assumption.