Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

survey says: 10 partners or less!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At a young age, you often find that a girl who's "been about a bit" won't be ready to settle down yet. Big deal.

I personally think its bollocks. I don't really care, the only alarm bells would be that she would get bored of me.
  • Options
    I find it astounding as to all these 'surveys' etc that put so much attention on the number of sexual partners. Big fecking deal, what is the obsession with numbers?! A person's past is just that - their past, and if people can't see beyond that, and enjoy the person for who they are, rather than losing sleep because they slept with more/less people than you'd hoped, than those sorts of people shouldn't be in relationships in the first place.
  • Options
    woohoo, :wave: long time no see.
  • Options
    Hello lady! :D

When did you become cream cheese?! I've been away for far too long...
  • Options
    go_away wrote:

When did you become cream cheese?!
    well, ya know, it happens to all of us in the end.
  • Options
    I'm hoping my eventual transformation will take me to a place of homemade mayonaise...
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I'm hoping my eventual transformation will take me to a place of homemade mayonaise...
    only if youre good.
    If youre not, youll turn into Quark
  • Options
    Surely it depends on age as well?

I mean if a 15 year old has slept with 10 people, i would say that is ALOT! But then if a 25 year old has, i wouldnt honestly say it was a big deal!

And in any case, it may just be that someone has been in less long term relationships, than another person.

One of my friends (male) has slept with around 40 girls!! its crazy and he does get called a slut, yet i have slept with 11 and they think i'm just as bad as him!!

Its more the mens opinion as well, although i have found its generally guys who've slept with a lower number than the girl in quetsion, who are most defensive...? Maybe like a pride thing, i dont know?

I always just laugh comments like that off to be honest. If i met someone, fell for them, and found out they'd slept wih 100 girls, as long as they were not some kind of walking disease centre, and that they were only going to be with me, its just something from their past!

Different people have such different opinions, its quite hard to actually find a number where some one stops being experienced and becomes a slut lol
  • Options
    I can't say that i've ever found any guys to have a problem with the number of people I've slept with. Just as I haven't ever had a prob with the numbers that the guys I've been out with have. It's them I'm going out with, not a number of exes.

I don't believe any of my mates male/female would ever be put off someone for their numbers either.

And the whole calling someone a slut for the number of people they've slept with really doens't happen after about the age of 18 surely?
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    And the whole calling someone a slut for the number of people they've slept with really doens't happen after about the age of 18 surely?
    It blatantly does (unfortunately).
  • Options
    If someone has sex with a different person every weekend. or 2 people every weekend for 2 or 3 years, would you call them a slut? Or just smeone who likes to have a good time?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    If someone has sex with a different person every weekend. or 2 people every weekend for 2 or 3 years, would you call them a slut? Or just smeone who likes to have a good time?
    To their face? :D
  • Options
    Exactly! :)
  • Options
    To their face? :D

:lol:
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:

Schhhhhllluuuutttt! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! SLUTBAG!!! ;):)

Maybe I'm just shouting because I'm jealous that they can:-

A.) Get so much more than me
    B.) Get all the fun that sex brings, yet not have any hangups about one night stands.

I think I'd feel somewhat uncomfortable with someone having 2-300 sexual partners. I tend to think I'd feel uncomfortable in every pub we went to...

Depends on the circumstances I guess. We're all different, and the present & future should be more important than the past. :)