Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spitting

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spitting is just gross and not necessary.
  • Options
    I spit during competitions, and after hard track sessions, but I always walk away from the pitch/track round the corner find some bushes or just somewhere away from everyone, because it's more than just a bit minging. Even if you've brought up something nasty when you're ill, you can still spit away from the public, there's no need to spit all over the floor.
  • Options
    I spit all the time...I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks to be honest.
  • Options
    Well, Beijing takes spitting seriously!

The spit has become such a concern among the city that a new campaign charging a $5USD (about 40 RMB) fine is going to be imposed in the hopes of stamping out the spit before 2008. And to further enforce this new rule, an “army of volunteers are hitting the streets of Beijing handing out small “spitting bags” and wearing bright orange uniforms with the Chinese character “tan” – “mucus” – printed in yellow on the back.”

Bring that to the streets of the UK I say :yes:
  • Options
    Men produce twice as much salivia as women so, especially if you're a male smoker, sometimes it's necessary.
  • Options
    I spit when I have to. It's not nice, but i'm not going to walk around with a huge gob of phlegm just to avoid upsetting some poor dear.

It's not like I gob at people, I normally try and spit down a drain or away from the pavement.

I hate charvers and builders who gob everywhere. More than once I've nearly been hit by spit from the building site on the walk to work, if they hit me I will lamp them.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kermit wrote:
    I spit when I have to. It's not nice, but i'm not going to walk around with a huge gob of phlegm just to avoid upsetting some poor dear.

It's not like I gob at people, I normally try and spit down a drain or away from the pavement.

I hate charvers and builders who gob everywhere. More than once I've nearly been hit by spit from the building site on the walk to work, if they hit me I will lamp them.
    :yes:
    Pretty much same as me. If i've brought up a huge lump of it, I ain't gonna swallow it back down. Just wrong and unhealty. Eew. And after a smoke I might want to spit.

I'll wait if I am in a vehicle or building though, till I go outside.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:

And I spit during sport.

Kermit wrote:
    I hate charvers

Prostitutes?

:confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Prostitutes?

Them too.

It's so rude to spit.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Them too.

It's so rude to spit.

What does charver mean to you then? Where I'm from its a word for a prostitute.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    its another word for chav
  • Options
    its another word for chav

Which means young boy or mate where I'm from. Strange. Thanks.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Where are you from where everything means something different than what everybody else thinks. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Where are you from where everything means something different than what everybody else thinks. :rolleyes:

Maybe where I live they've kept on to the real meaning of the words? :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think I've had the charv/chav/chavvie discussion before on here... course different words mean different things in different places, didn't you see the HSBC (!?) advert? ;) I quite like it, can make for interesting conversations occasionally resulting from unintentional insults..

As for spitting, it doesn't really bother me and sometimes you just physically need to. It really isn't nice if someone spits as they walk past you on the street, though, or similar... but I doubt there's anywhere in the world where people would think that particularly pleasant.
  • Options
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i once attempted to spit out of the window of my dads car when he was driving on the motorway. but cause of the speed it just hit the back window. gross! it was phlegm too.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i once attempted to spit out of the window of my dads car when he was driving on the motorway. but cause of the speed it just hit the back window. gross! it was phlegm too.

:lol: The boyfriend of my cousin try to do the same when coming back from a squat party, he was so fucked he didn't realised the window was shut and he then fall asleep his head against the window right in it...
  • Options
    :lol: The boyfriend of my cousin try to do the same when coming back from a squat party, he was so fucked he didn't realised the window was shut and he then fall asleep his head against the window right in it...

Oh god my mate did that in a cab except he was throwing up. But of course the window was up so he drunkenly head butted the glass and threw up over himself and the inside of the cab. :yuck:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    Maybe where I live they've kept on to the real meaning of the words? :rolleyes:

Odly enough... its true! Ye have.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Oh god my mate did that in a cab except he was throwing up. But of course the window was up so he drunkenly head butted the glass and threw up over himself and the inside of the cab. :yuck:

That's just gross.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Even if you've brought up something nasty when you're ill, you can still spit away from the public, there's no need to spit all over the floor.

if you can hold the urge until you're out of a building, you can hold it until you're not near other people. i'm all for spitting if it's totally necessary. peeing is necessary too. but i don't want to see you do either. there's no need.

i'll make exceptions if you're a sportsperson or a cowboy.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i'll make exceptions if you're a cowboy.
    well you have to make exceptions for the rootin` tootin` cowboys or they lassoo you.

I make special exceptions for chewing tobacco when they spit and it makes a p`ting sound when it lands