Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

She's so cute

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've posted on here before about me having feelings for a girl and now I like someone else.

I've been talking to her online for a couple of weeks, she's a mate of my gay friend. Anyway, we've been messing around on MSN, winding our mates up saying we're lesbian with each other. Then, on Friday night, she admitted to me that she likes girls and I'm the only person shes told. I like girls too, and I've told her this. She's in the same situation as me (we like girls but have never done anything with a girl or have never been out with one.)

On saturday, I finally met her at the gay friends house and before I got there, she told him she likes girls. When I was walking home, I couldn't get her out of my head. I think she's so cute and I wanted to look after her. We were all messing around and I couldn't help but protect her from getting hurt. I don't know what I should do about my feelings. Should I tell her? I don't want to scare her off or anything.

Edit: My friend just said that after I went home, she admitted to liking me.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't pounce in saying that you fancy her to bits and you want to go out with her, because that would scare her. Especially if she's still insecure about her sexuality.

Just go out together sometimes, invite her shopping or for a coffee or a drink or something. Flirt with her a bit and see how she reacts, she if she gives it back as good as she gets. She obviously likes you in some way if she's told you something she's keeping quiet to other people.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I wouldn't pounce in saying that you fancy her to bits and you want to go out with her, because that would scare her. Especially if she's still insecure about her sexuality.

Just go out together sometimes, invite her shopping or for a coffee or a drink or something. Flirt with her a bit and see how she reacts, she if she gives it back as good as she gets. She obviously likes you in some way if she's told you something she's keeping quiet to other people.

Wise words here
  • Options
    I don't think she is insecure about her sexuality.

And while I don't think you should "pounce", I think you should take her out.

Good luck...
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly hot?

Sorry about the immatureness.
    guess it's the same in a heterosexual relation. Just be careful and don't rush into things. If the already admitted she likes girls and likes you, it's a win situation. She won't magically change her mind if you don't act like a nut.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

No.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    I've posted on here before about me having feelings for a girl and now I like someone else.

I've been talking to her online for a couple of weeks, she's a mate of my gay friend. Anyway, we've been messing around on MSN, winding our mates up saying we're lesbian with each other. Then, on Friday night, she admitted to me that she likes girls and I'm the only person shes told. I like girls too, and I've told her this. She's in the same situation as me (we like girls but have never done anything with a girl or have never been out with one.)

On saturday, I finally met her at the gay friends house and before I got there, she told him she likes girls. When I was walking home, I couldn't get her out of my head. I think she's so cute and I wanted to look after her. We were all messing around and I couldn't help but protect her from getting hurt. I don't know what I should do about my feelings. Should I tell her? I don't want to scare her off or anything.

Edit: My friend just said that after I went home, she admitted to liking me.

she wants to meet up with me in about.. an hour. She's going to tell me how she feels.. face to face. So I'll have to tell her how I feel too. Wish me luck. I need it!!
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    she wants to meet up with me in about.. an hour. She's going to tell me how she feels.. face to face. So I'll have to tell her how I feel too. Wish me luck. I need it!!

Good luck! Hope it goes well :thumb:
  • Options
    Liking women can be daunting, but you may as well see how it goes. Just don't be too quick to label yourself, nobody need a label... Going with what feels right it what counts.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

Yes.

Lesbians don't fancy boys, eejit.
  • Options
    good luck Tink hope all goes well. but as teh others have said. take it slow till you both know what you want, but sounds like you do so go out there have and have fun. we only live once (well maybe we do).
  • Options
    Good luck, let us know how its goes. I remember when i felt like that towards my first gf, luckily she felt the same. Just take your time and dont rush into anything.
  • Options
    It went... bad. It was really awkward and she put me on the spot and said 'You know you've never kissed a girl.. wanna try?' I just stood there, looked at her and thought.. this isn't right. I can't do it. So I said no. She was gutted.

Then I spoke to her on MSN and she was saying how much she likes me, that she can't get me off her mind. She just pushed me even further away. Put me off girls a bit, tbh. Oh well. =] So I told her it's not gonna work out because she likes me more than I like her and its not fair on her. But she wouldn't take no for an answer. So yeah, pretty peeved off.
  • Options
    Bloody Hell! You spend all weekend talking about how much you like her, then you finally get the chance to go out with her and you don't want to? I'll never understand women. But seriously, if it doesn't feel right, then don't push yourself into it. :thumb:
  • Options
    I know I liked her but when it came down to it, I couldn't do it. It didn't feel right.
  • Options
    You never know until you try, it didn't feel right it's fair enough, she should understand even if it is not easy to take rejection... If it didn't felt right for you then you did the good thing, always do what you feel on the moment... Are you feeling ok tho?
  • Options
    Yeah I think I'll stick to the opposite sex for now :p
  • Options
    Yep, just go with what feel right for you, gender aint important, what feels good for you is :yes:
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Yeah I think I'll stick to the opposite sex for now
    In that case: ;) :flirt:
    Yep, just go with what feel right for you, gender aint important, what feels good for you is :yes:
    I agree with that, but don't be too harsh on her. If she's in the same boat as you were, she was probably shitting herself as to how to approach you about it. She will have been really nervous and so she didn't say what she wanted to and it came out all stupid. And (assuming this one doesn't work out somehow) just because this one didn't go too well, doesn't mean that you don't like girls at all. If I'd stopped liking girls every time something awkward like this happened, I would've turn gay a long time ago.
  • Options
    We're staying friends and we're going to have another chat about it next week because she's going away on holiday, so it will give us time to think about things. But I don't think I want a relationship with her, basically, we're not very compatitble anyway.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    I know I liked her but when it came down to it, I couldn't do it. It didn't feel right.
    if it doesn't feel right don't do it... It'll save you heartache.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yes.

Lesbians don't fancy boys, eejit.
    :eek2: Oh, we don't? *checks manual* Damn, you're right!

Back to the matter in hand. It doesn't matter - if it wasn't right, it wasn't and there's nothing you or she can do about that. I've been in the other girl's situation (oh, so many times!) and it blows, but you'll both get past it. Don't fret and it will work out fine.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:

Yea, and the direct way she was taking probably did not help.
    Tell her that you're insecure about your sexuality, and that it "didn't feel right, in this moment", like you said, so she can better understand you.

Maybe don't blow it into the wind already, but tell her you need way more time, and want to keep it slow.