Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spitting

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Flobbing or whatever.

Why do these dirty cunts feel the need to fucking gob everywhere?

It should become a stabbable offence.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Flobbing or whatever.

Spitting is healthy and as long as noone is spitting on you who cares...

It doesn't damage the evironment or anything else...

Tbh honest I do, my grand-dad and it has been done for generation and not only in my familly...

It's as natural as pooing, peeing, farting and burping...

Maybe one day people will even complain cos other are breathing...

FFS aren't we allowed to do anyting anymore in this fucking society...
  • Options
    Flobbing or whatever.

s.g is that you?

what is it with over the top posts lately?

it is vile though i do agree.
  • Options
    It's not pretty I will agree with that too, but make that an offense is taking the piss imo...
  • Options
    i don't understand why someone would find the need to generate that much spit ...it aint natural.
    whats it all about?
  • Options

Tbh honest I do, my grand-dad and it has been done for generation and not only in my familly...

Maybe one day people will even complain cos other are breathing...

FFS aren't we allowed to do anyting anymore in this fucking society...
    fuckin ell,i thought you were gonna gob at croc then!
  • Options

Would you take a dump in the town centre?
    I'm not seriously suggesting that people should be arrested for it. Although the less manky bastards, the better.

Deano, it's not SG. I'm hurt that you had to ask!
  • Options
    I hate spitting. Urgh. There is NO need for it.
  • Options
    well i think its gross.. when you're walking along the street and someone gobs right front of you. and then you have to watch where you step so you don't stand in it. eww and when they really sniff it up right from the back of their throat :|
  • Options
    Would you take a dump in the town centre?
    I'm not seriously suggesting that people should be arrested for it. Although the less manky bastards, the better.

Deano, it's not SG. I'm hurt that you had to ask!
    sos mate.. :D
  • Options

What? How exactly is it "healthy"?

And actually spitting on someone is only half the issue. Do you really want to be walking along the street and public buildings through other people's spit piles?

Well, yes, apparently you do because you see nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    I can understand footballers doing it. Because they run up to 8miles per game and don't take any liquids on board except for half time oranges etc :p

But dirty chavs, or anyone who couldn't swallow the last piece of their McMeal should really learn some manners. When you're sat at home, why don't you spit on the carpet? When was the last time (if you spent a weekend at home) you spat? Why do it in the street?
  • Options
    I hate seeing people spitting but worse than that is when they bring it up through their nose, it makes me retch. :yuck:
  • Options
    sometimes you have to spit
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    sometimes you have to spit

Example..?
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    What? How exactly is it "healthy"?

And actually spitting on someone is only half the issue. Do you really want to be walking along the street and public buildings through other people's spit piles?

Well, yes, apparently you do because you see nothing wrong with it.

Healthy cos it hep renew your saliva and swalloing it all the time can upset your stomach as you swallow air at the same time...

I have never seen spit piles that would be so gross to walk into...

And even if I walked into one I wouldn't be gross out, why do you think we wear shoes?

Also there is a difference between spittng and spitting in a large amount...

Why shouldn't people spit, when so many people get drunk as fuck and throw up in the street...

As I said it might not be pretty to look at, but since when everyone care about what hit the pavement...

You are telling me none of you ever throw up after being drunk or high on the street, pee against some wall, throw a paper on the street, throw anything at all on the street, farted in the street, burped in the street...

If so I say well done :thumb:

At least spit get clean up by rain which probably contain more crap than spit...
  • Options
    Example..?

smoke often ? lots of shite in chest constantly ?

chest infection? you'd have to be crazy to swallow the stuff you cough up ..
  • Options
    Healthy cos it hep renew your saliva and swalloing it all the time can upset your stomach as you swallow air at the same time...

Sounds like rubbish to me, I don't walk around swallowing all the time.
    I have never seen spit piles that would be so gross to walk into...

Lucky you

And even if I walked into one I wouldn't be gross out, why do you think we wear shoes?

For various reasons. But just because I'm wearing shoes doesn't mean I want to walk through various yank substances.
    Also there is a difference between spittng and spitting in a large amount...

Why shouldn't people spit, when so many people get drunk as fuck and throw up in the street...

Yes, because it's perfectly okay to do that :rolleyes:

Plenty of people beat other folk up, too, does that mean it's okay to walk around and throw the occasional punch?

As I said it might not be pretty to look at, but since when everyone care about what hit the pavement...

Clearly you have different standards to me, because I do actually care what goes on the pavement. I don't litter the streets, with bodily fluids or otherwise.

You are telling me none of you ever throw up after being drunk or high on the street, pee against some wall, throw a paper on the street, throw anything at all on the street, farted in the street, burped in the street...

If so I say well done :thumb:

I'm not telling you anything like that, but none of it is relevant to whether or not it's decent to spit.
    At least spit get clean up by rain which probably contain more crap than spit...

Yeah. That makes it all ok.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

Bollocks. I used to smoke like a chimney and never had to flob everywhere.

If you can't handle your smoke...
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

Yeah. When I've got a cough, I spit the nasty stuff into a tissue like any normal person.

And if you have to spit because you smoke - well. Look at what you're saying. I don't even have to point out what's wrong with that little statement.
  • Options
    Bollocks. I used to smoke like a chimney and never had to flob everywhere.

If you can't handle your smoke...

True enough.

Also I doubt that the groups of chavs that loiter around the shops gobbing all over the place all have some kind of horrific chest infection.
  • Options
    Spitting is fine, we all do it when it is needed but not in the street or other public places - that is not needed!
  • Options
    i couldnt give a fuck if you smoked like a train who said anything about smoking cigarettes .. and its absolutley nothing to do with not being able to 'handle your smoke'

if you want to carry bits of tissue around in spit im em be my guest, if i feel the need to spit ill spit
  • Options
    i have never had the need to spit ...except when brushing my teeth.
    i have never had to regurgitate the contents of my lungs onto a pavement either!
  • Options
    People spitting the street makes me feel sick and is definetly not needed
  • Options
    I have to say it's not pretty to see but can be necessary, my main problem is with people who are too drunk and can't control their siliva whilst ordering drinks.....
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Sounds like rubbish to me, I don't walk around swallowing all the time.

Where did I say I do it all the time?
    Mist wrote:
    For various reasons. But just because I'm wearing shoes doesn't mean I want to walk through various yank substances.

Fair enough, but did I say people who wear shoes want to walk in such substances. I was only stated that shoes have the purpose to protect you feet from such thing.
    Mist wrote:
    Yes, because it's perfectly okay to do that :rolleyes:

Plenty of people beat other folk up, too, does that mean it's okay to walk around and throw the occasional punch?

Once again, where did I say it was ok to do so?
    Mist wrote:
    Clearly you have different standards to me, because I do actually care what goes on the pavement. I don't litter the streets, with bodily fluids or otherwise.

Hum... where did I say I do throw stuff on the floor? FYI i even clean up after my dog when it poo and sometimes I even take trash of the floor to put it in a bin even if it aint mine. And I am a smoker and I keep the filter in my pocket when done with a cigarette until I can put it in the trash. And if I need a wee I hold it ad even teach the kid at home not to pee in the street or throw trash on the floor...
    Mist wrote:
    I'm not telling you anything like that, but none of it is relevant to whether or not it's decent to spit.

Why not? isn't being sick also called spit up?

We are taklking about spit being decent and throwing up is a nice example of an act that is not decent as well as peeing on the sreet. Also if you are not replying that, I might as well just assume it happended to you and therefor when you said "I don't litter the streets, with bodily fluids or otherwise." it might not have been 100% correct...

I had a constant cold for months and yes, I rather spit on the street rather than make myself sick... That's weird I know, but hey who isn't weird in there way...

I also like how everyone can quote what I say when they can bitch at it but that everyone ignored the fact that I agreed and stated that spitting is indeed not pretty to look at...

So in a way I did agree with the fact that is was not decent, but it is not because it is not decent that people shouldn't be allowed to do as they please....

Decency can be a fine line and if you want to live in a world that is decent to everyone, we would live in a real sad world as everybody think some things are decent and no decent...
  • Options
    According to someone I know, if you don't spit you get Cystic Fibrosis, :rolleyes: which is a load of rubbish.

And I don't spit, not in the street anyway. A couple times I've had to spit in a tissue though.
  • Options
    I would spit in the street if i really needed to and there was noone else around.

generally I dont get colds often though and i dont smoke, so i dont really get much phlegm.
  • Options
    I spit when Iv got a cold and I have to walk into town or something.......some of the stuff Iv coughed up doesnt bear thinking about.. :eek:
    But,a big pile of phlegm isnt particularly nice to see on the floor so I try not to do it often but if its a choice of spitting it out or trying to swallow it and puking....... :sour:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I hate spitting in the street. If I have a cold and need to get rid of phlegm then I do it discreetly into a tissue.

Spitting is one of the most disgusting things in the world. I agree with the OP that it should be a stabbable offence.

OK, not really, but it is still disgusting.