Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, I told them: "Sod off and die, you useless rodents"

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I think Desperate Housewife is implying something like "at least not everyone shares the same idea of a good night out as you" or something like that. Personally, I don't want to get your hopes up. The chances of me going out to get off my head are remote right now. :p
    aww,i was so hoping you'd take me up on the offer.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    aww, i was so hoping you'd take me up on the offer.
    Not yet. Ask me later this year, and I'll re-consider.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That's a bit extreme, surely? :p;) I've seen people resort to some strange tricks to get ciggies. One person came in, showed their ID, but refused to show me the picture on the driving licence. Eventually, the finger came loose and the person on the card showed no likeness whatsoever to the person holding the card!
    your avin me on!...surely such crime needs to be exposed?....i'll contact the media!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That's a bit extreme, surely? :p;)
    If I was the Postal 2 guy and could piss Napalm, maybe!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've seen people resort to some strange tricks to get ciggies. One person came in, showed their ID, but refused to show me the picture on the driving licence. Eventually, the finger came loose and the person on the card showed no likeness whatsoever to the person holding the card!

:lol: Idiots!
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be ironic if they placed SG next to a dope smoking Hard House student in halls? :D
  • Options
    The 14 year olds would have to be pretty unbalanced already for 'sod off and die' to tip them over the edge.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Wouldn't it be ironic if they placed SG next to a dope smoking Hard House student in halls? :D

A very high possibility...if that happens I think he'll wise up a bit more and accept that that's what people do!
  • Options
    how awful... etc.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    A very high possibility...if that happens I think he'll wise up a bit more and accept that that's what people do!

To be honest, with that attitude, halls could be the best thing to happen to SG. Might widen his perspectives. And hell, he might even join in on the smoking, he he.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    To be honest, with that attitude, halls could be the best thing to happen to SG. Might widen his perspectives. And hell, he might even join in on the smoking, he he.

More than likely...why have you started smoking up in your uni?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    More than likely...why have you started smoking up in your uni?

I've been a good girl, and left some of the stuff I did before uni :angel:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Put the Mail away NOW, you fucking marsupial.
    Legend.
  • Options
    does anyone else think that sg is well ard?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:

I want it to happen.

I can gaurantee it'd change his views so much. He must do it.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    does anyone else think that sg is well ard?
    compared to what?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I want it to happen.

I can gaurantee it'd change his views so much. He must do it.

Or he'll continue his ways and complain all the time about noise and asthma attacks due to the smoke.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Or he'll continue his ways and complain all the time about noise and asthma attacks due to the smoke.
    He should learn to love the smoke! :D Magical clouds.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    He should learn to love the smoke! :D Magical clouds.

Not too bothered about that to be honest. Though it would be quite funny if he did.
    More about him respecting others wishes to do so, and not sitting so firmly on his high horse.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:

...and then log on here with stories of hating uni and how nobody likes him.

Refusing to buy 14/15 y.o's fags/booze and telling them to "fuck off and die" is the height of wankery. I honestly pity you stargalaxy. :(
  • Options
    I refuse to buy for 14/15 y.o.s. They not old enough and I dont want to get done for it. If they want to poision themselves they can bloody well buy it themselves. I dont think that telling them to "sod off and die" will affect them really.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have bought them either, I think its quite cheeky of people like that to ask actually.

"sod off and die" is extreme though.
  • Options
    I refuse to buy for 14/15 y.o.s. They not old enough and I dont want to get done for it. If they want to poision themselves they can bloody well buy it themselves. I dont think that telling them to "sod off and die" will affect them really.

I suppose people's ideas of common courtesy differ.
  • Options
    What annoys me with this, is that as far as I recall SG doesn't worry about getting done for buying these people cigarettes.
    It's about him thinking that he was supposed to spend his own money on their cigarettes (I seriously doubt this - when I ask people to buy me stuff I hear the answer before I bother getting money out).
    And the fact that he thinks he has a moral obligation of refusing them cigarettes for the sake of their health. If anything such a motion is enough to annoy smokers to smoke even more, just for the sake of it.

Basically it's all about SG thinking he's superior - when clearly this isn't the case as he uses an expression as "rodents".
  • Options
    Just playing devils advocate here, feel free to flame me but in this case I think the person being asked to buy someone cigarettes IS superior, thats why they're being asked in the first place because they are superior in terms of age (being legal).

As I said previously I think the words he chose were extreme but in most cases I think it is quite accepted that these people are annoying to say the least and I would rather not be approached by these people when I'm outside a newsagents, I find it quite threatening.

Hope I got my point across as I meant it.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Eventually, the finger came loose and the person on the card showed no likeness whatsoever to the person holding the card!
    You'd probably refuse to serve my boyfriend if you saw his driving license. Or his student ID. He looks nothing like he does now in either of them, because of his hair.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    You'd probably refuse to serve my boyfriend if you saw his driving license. Or his student ID. He looks nothing like he does now in either of them, because of his hair.
    Apparently I look like a completely different person on my provisional driving licence. The picture on my licence is a picture taken when I was 16. I'm now 20. I've been told several times, I look older on that picture than I do now. Bouncers always double check its me sometimes.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Apparently I look like a completely different person on my provisional driving licence. The picture on my licence is a picture taken when I was 16. I'm now 20. I've been told several times, I look older on that picture than I do now. Bouncers always double check its me sometimes.
    When I first saw JD's, I laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more.

I may show you at the meet tbh :p.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

i have the same thing on my passport. for a start i'm 10 years younger in the photo, but i don't think i looked owt like that picture even when i was 15. it's magical how those photo things can do that to you.

they never make you look not like yourself but in a good way though... :chin:
  • Options
    I had to show them 2 additional forms of id at the airport as they didn't think either my passport or drivers license looked like me.

I dont think theres every been anybody ever who has looked good in any type of id photo.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    When I first saw JD's, I laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more.

I may show you at the meet tbh :p.
    :lol: Will he allow you to show everyone his driving licence? :p