Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

virgin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm 27 and still a virgin. just wondered what people think about this. Do you think people will be put off going out with me??

Comments

• Options
    Why? D'you walk around with it tattooed on your forehead or something?
  • Options
    Posy wrote:
    Hi, I'm 27 and still a virgin. just wondered what people think about this. Do you think people will be put off going out with me??
    What would matter to me is that you treated me right and that we fitted together well.

I personally have no issue with virgins... I would be honoured because it would mean that you trusted me enough to lose it to me.

In my eyes, it's not an issue.
  • Options
    What would matter to me is that you treated me right and that we fitted together well.

I personally have no issue with virgins... I would be honoured because it would mean that you trusted me enough to lose it to me.

In my eyes, it's not an issue.
    Would you even bother to ask if it was a 27 year old?
  • Options
    I think it's best to be a 27 years old virgin, rather than a 27 years old slapper imo...

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin at anytime, just waiting for the right person to come along I think is quite sweet and romantic...
  • Options
    I think it's best to be a 27 years old virgin, rather than a 27 years old slapper imo...
    :rolleyes: whys that then
  • Options
    Posy wrote:

No one cares if you're a virgin or not, some girls might want an experienced lover as a partner but most will be understanding.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :rolleyes: whys that then

Cos if it was me I would rather be a 27 years virgin that a guy of 27 years old that sleep around with no respect for women or myself, that's about it...

Tbh if I thought I would meet SCC well I would have waited for her and be a 25 years old virgin... I can't have sex with noone without feelings, I can't have one night stands... And if I knew I wuld love someone as much as i like my girl I would have waited for her cos any sex i had before have no meaning and was nothing next to the one I have with someone I love that much...
  • Options
    no respect for women or myself

How does shagging about cause this? :confused:

I don't disrespect any girl because i've shagged them, and i certainly don't disrespect myself for sleeping with women. Why would anyone?
  • Options
    Obviously the lack of experience can be a drain on your own self-esteem and confidence, but it's no reason for someone not wanting to go out with you. At least, it's not a reasonable excuse. Anyone not wanting to go out with you because of that is probably someone you wouldn't want to go out with in the first place.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    How does shagging about cause this? :confused:

I don't disrespect any girl because i've shagged them, and i certainly don't disrespect myself for sleeping with women. Why would anyone?

It was my defintion of being a "slapper", not shagging about...
  • Options
    Posy wrote:

That depends.
    Obviously, who are we to judge...but, it's all about why you are still a virgin I suppose...
    Also, if you go out with someone, being a virgin is not something you would discuss at the dinner table, in fact it shouldn't be discussed at all unless when you get to the bedroom you feel a bit nervous, in that case, you can talk about it...
  • Options
    I wouldn't be put off if a guy I was seeing told me he was a virgin but it would make me more nervous...because I'd want to make his first time really good for him.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    I wouldn't go out with a 27 years old virgin to be honest, I would take someone with experience as for me it is important to be satisfy in the bedroom and I really don't feel like doing all the teaching. Of course if I don't know that in advance it wouldn't chage much but it would be disappointing.
  • Options
    elasticity wrote:
    I wouldn't go out with a 27 years old virgin to be honest, I would take someone with experience as for me it is important to be satisfy in the bedroom and I really don't feel like doing all the teaching. Of course if I don't know that in advance it wouldn't chage much but it would be disappointing.

The thing is though, just because he's a virgin doesn't mean he'd be a crap shag (sorry for the bluntness). He might be really creative and sexy, also I tend to think its takes a while to get to know what a new sexual partner wants and how they like it anyway regardless of how much experience they have. Sex is all about learning, trying new things and experimenting together, well it is for me anyway. xx
  • Options
    The thing is though, just because he's a virgin doesn't mean he'd be a crap shag (sorry for the bluntness). He might be really creative and sexy, also I tend to think its takes a while to get to know what a new sexual partner wants and how they like it anyway regardless of how much experience they have. Sex is all about learning, trying new things and experimenting together, well it is for me anyway. xx

Yes it can take times to learn sex with a new partner, but for me it is important that the guy know the basics such as where my clitoris and g-spot are.
  • Options
    elasticity wrote:
    Yes it can take times to learn sex with a new partner, but for me it is important that the guy know the basics such as where my clitoris and g-spot are.

Yeah I see your point, but it wouldn't take much to teach them that...suppose it depends how willing they are to learn.
  • Options
    all you need is a bit of patience tbh
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    all you need is a bit of patience tbh

:yes:

Nothing to worry bout at all
  • Options
    thanks

um thanks everyone for your opinions. I guess its cause i'm shy and, actually I'm female!
  • Options
    One of my best friends has been a virgin until she was 23, and towards the end she was really "gaggin for it" (i think that's the best way to describe it), it was at times uncomfortable!!!

Why are you asking anyway?
    :)
  • Options
    TBH i couldn't care less if someone is a virgin or not when i go out with someone (think it shows your maybe a lil shallow if it bothers you), if i like you and we get on well i don't care what experience you'v got...
  • Options
    Personally only 16 but in my opinion i don't think age is ever a factor...if two people click, and you hav sexual inter course..it comes natural, just go with the flow lol
  • Options
    Yep,go with the flow. :yes:
    Just like that queens of the stone age song.He went with the flow and got the girl at the end........even after that massive car crash!! :crazyeyes
    Right,Im stopping now.......
  • Options
    wouldnt bother me at all
  • Options
    He is actually a SHE. Pay attention people. ;)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    He is actually a SHE. Pay attention people. ;)

I know! You'd think the name "Posy" might have caused the penny to drop.. :chin:

In answer to the original question, I don't think it would put anyone off going out with you. Anyone who is put off by something like virginity isn't someone worth going out with anyway, so it's a win-win situation. ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    In answer to the original question, I don't think it would put anyone off going out with you. Anyone who is put off by something like virginity isn't someone worth going out with anyway, so it's a win-win situation. ;)

exactly :yes: