Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, I told them: "Sod off and die, you useless rodents"

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm of the not-humble-at-all opinion that this thread is fucking weird.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Fair enough. I will now follow the Franki doctrine of being nice to everyone at all times of the day. When pigs fly. :p
    I'm not nice to everyone, by any stretch of the imagination. But I just think telling someone to "sod off and die" is unnecessary. They're 14, and they just wanted some cigarettes. Just ignore them, it's so much easier.
  • Options
    Being nice makes your life a hell of a lot easier.

If you're nice to people, especially moron clients, then they do what you want, and you hit your targets. True fact.
  • Options
    My cousin asked me to buy her fags the other night. Luckily, being the older cousin, and only cousin she has, she looks up to me, as I'm 3 years older, have left school and am 'cool' :hyper:.

I looked her up and down "I am not buying you anything of the sort. When I am 18, I will buy you the occasional Bacardi Breezer, but I will be drinking 3/4 of it. Now make me a cup of tea."

She did as well :)
  • Options
    Why didn't ya just buy them the fags for?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Why waste your time?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    (1) Because they're not meant to be smoking in the first place at the age of 14? I'm not going to help them to break the law. It was far more fun to see their reaction when I told them where to go. It's amazing what a nicotine addiction can make someone do.

(2) Because I really couldn't be arsed. They didn't even offer me any money to do it with. I wasn't going to spend around a fiver of my own hard-earned money on their addictions.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Because its illegal, and you get fined if caught.

And some rozzers don't have owt better to do than fine you for it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Because its illegal, and you get fined if caught.
    Spot on. I work in a shop myself, and I sometimes come across this situation. I often see a group of kids congregate just across the road from the shop, and they usually send in the person who looks the oldest. I'm a total bastard when it comes to IDing people, I ask at least half the people who come to me wanting ciggies for it. Frankly, I don't fancy the idea of being fined £2,500.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    They didn't even offer me any money to do it with. I wasn't going to spend around a fiver of my own hard-earned money on their addictions.

eh? You what? They weren't even asking you to get them some fags, they wanted you to BUY them their fags? Cheeky swines!!!
  • Options
    That must be the most scaffy thing I've heard for a while!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    eh? You what? They weren't even asking you to get them some fags, they wanted you to BUY them their fags? Cheeky swines!!!
    I was expecting them to have a £5 or £10 note, at the least. But no, couldn't see them getting ready to hand me some money. Maybe next time, if they have a £20 note, I'll take the money and just before entering the shop, make a run for it. At least I could use part of the £20 to get a taxi out of there before they find me. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Because I really couldn't be arsed. They didn't even offer me any money to do it with. I wasn't going to spend around a fiver of my own hard-earned money on their addictions.
    Maybe because they wanted to see if you were actually going to do it before handing you money?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    But telling them to "sod off and die" is a bit harsh, no?
    i agree,its a bit over the top tbh.there only kids ffs.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Maybe because they wanted to see if you were actually going to do it before handing you money?
    How does that work? I go into a shop, spend five pound something of MY money on ciggies, then they thank me by not paying me back? You must be joking, Franki! :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    (1) Because they're not meant to be smoking in the first place at the age of 14? I'm not going to help them to break the law. It was far more fun to see their reaction when I told them where to go. It's amazing what a nicotine addiction can make someone do.

There's nothing in the law saying 14 year olds can't smoke. They just can't but them until they're 16. So what anyway, it's their body, they can do what they want. Is being healthy some sort of life necessity?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    (2) Because I really couldn't be arsed. They didn't even offer me any money to do it with. I wasn't going to spend around a fiver of my own hard-earned money on their addictions.

Fuck sakes where's the decency these days? God knows!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

What the fuck are you on about?
  • Options
    What the fuck are you on about?
    Jews and the ra!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    That's possibly what I found the worst thing of all. Not having any money and expecting me to buy it myself, it just seemed insulting.
  • Options
    You communist.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That's possibly what I found the worst thing of all. Not having any money and expecting me to buy it myself, it just seemed insulting.
    daddy,daddy.than mr. just told me to fuck off and die!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    How does that work? I go into a shop, spend five pound something of MY money on ciggies, then they thank me by not paying me back? You must be joking, Franki! :p
    That's not what I meant and you know it. Stop trying to make yourself look like a martyr by delaying a couple of kids of a pack of 20 ffs.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    That's not what I meant and you know it. Stop trying to make yourself look like a martyr by delaying a couple of kids of a pack of 20 ffs.
    Does this have anything to do with the fact you smoke yourself?
  • Options
    I was unaware they had no money! Aye tell them to fuck off, "rodents?" :lol: you are a gimp sometimes ya know that!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I was unaware they had no money! Aye tell them to fuck off, "rodents?" :lol: you are a gimp sometimes ya know that!

Thank the Lord.

I've not heard "gimp" in ages. Superb.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :yeees: I used a word much worse than that which they certainly didn't take to. A word you're more familiar with than I am. ;)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Does this have anything to do with the fact you smoke yourself?
    It has something to do with the fact that you shouldn't tell people to "sod off and die".

And, as you may or may not remember, I quit smoking in October.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    :yeees: I used a word much worse than that which they certainly didn't take to. A word you're more familiar with than I am. ;)

Cunt?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    It has something to do with the fact that you shouldn't tell people to "sod off and die". And, as you may or may not remember, I quit smoking in October.
    No, I don't remember, but thank you for reminding me.
  • Options
    are rats known for smoking?