Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cancelling train tickets/changing plans

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    i apologise, im in a very bad mood at the moment, and ive just been having a damned annoying convo with a thesite member who needs to be disemboweled

not you though :)

Well clearly, as I'm not having a conversation with you at the moment. ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, I asked JST that before but he said that we would have to all go together. This would mean all 8 of us leaving the meet for a short while.

I am going to have to check in during the day whatever to be honest. Its too big to keep in a pub all day then carry about drunk.
  • Options
    by the way babyshambler, your pm box is full
  • Options
    Haha! That's my aim now :D Aww, will be so mint to meet you (and others, obviously!) even if I will be completely shitfaced and embarrass myself.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, am getting excited. :cool:

Gareth, untwist your knickers please. I was in the middle of writing you a PM as you whined.. ;)
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Yeah, I asked JST that before but he said that we would have to all go together. This would mean all 8 of us leaving the meet for a short while.

I am going to have to check in during the day whatever to be honest. Its too big to keep in a pub all day then carry about drunk.

I reckon everyone is gonna have at least a rucksack (what a gay word) so everyone will want to drop them off. Everyone being the sleepover crew. :cool:
  • Options
    Yeah well I hope so because I really don't want to have to carry my suitcase all the way to the hostel drunk :lol:
  • Options
    Ahh the excitement is kicking in now. I might get pissed on the bus ride down, muhaha.
  • Options
    Ahh the excitement is kicking in now. I might get pissed on the bus ride down, muhaha.

Get some Special Brew and 20/20 in ya rucksack...you'll roll off the bus (and can alco-stink breath someone on the way down too) :hyper:
  • Options
    Hehe. Are we going to carry on drinking at the hostel? :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Get some Special Brew and 20/20 in ya rucksack...you'll roll off the bus (and can alco-stink breath someone on the way down too) :hyper:

Haha! Me and my fella were talking about those the other day - when he was a 14 year old 'street/park-drinker' his choice of booze was Special Brew, and mine was 20/20. I might actually buy some for nostalgia reasons. ;) I've got a big fat bottle of Stella here too, I'm so classy!!

I'll save you some 20/20 mate... the green one obviously.
  • Options
    Haha! Me and my fella were talking about those the other day - when he was a 14 year old 'street/park-drinker' his choice of booze was Special Brew, and mine was 20/20. I might actually buy some for nostalgia reasons. ;) I've got a big fat bottle of Stella here too, I'm so classy!!

I'll save you some 20/20 mate... the green one obviously.

Mine was Special Brew sssh don't tell anyone.. I'M A MAN, BABY.

Is gonna be a good'un I can tell, especially since we're repping the Norf good and proper. :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Mine was Special Brew sssh don't tell anyone.. I'M A MAN, BABY.

Is gonna be a good'un I can tell, especially since we're repping the Norf good and proper. :thumb:

Yeah mate, can't let the side down and all that. :D

Can I admit to never actually tasting Special Brew?
  • Options
    Can I admit to never actually tasting Special Brew?

Hee, that's probably a good thing to admit. :p

First time for everything, though..
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Hee, that's probably a good thing to admit. :p

First time for everything, though..

There most certainly is. :D

Ahhh I can't wait now.
  • Options
    I'm so stressed!

me and Steph can't book our tickets til Friday now. i havent got a fucking clue how we're getting down though, whether its train (although if the train is over £25, or theres no cheap tickets left, I can't afford it) or coach or whatever.

Has anyone ever tried the megabus? Theres one leaving from manchester at 9am that gets to London Victoria (is that anywhere near where the meet is?) at 1.30pm and its only £14 return.

I am completely useless at this kind of thing, ive only been to london once in my life and that was a coach trip.

How long is your National Express coach gonna take Claire?

Hmm i just want to sort it!
  • Options
    I think it leaves at 8am and arrives at 12.45pm. I had a look on their website before and its a £24 return.

How come you can't book your tickets till Friday? Won't that be leaving it a bit late?

And although I'm going to sound like a hypocrite (as I'm the most stressed person you could ever meet) try not to stress :)
  • Options
    I'm so stressed!

me and Steph can't book our tickets til Friday now. i havent got a fucking clue how we're getting down though, whether its train (although if the train is over £25, or theres no cheap tickets left, I can't afford it) or coach or whatever.

Has anyone ever tried the megabus? Theres one leaving from manchester at 9am that gets to London Victoria (is that anywhere near where the meet is?) at 1.30pm and its only £14 return.

I am completely useless at this kind of thing, ive only been to london once in my life and that was a coach trip.

I'm getting the 8am coach that gets in at 12.45pm, like Stacey said. Never tried the Megabuses, I completely forgot about them actually.

I'm getting in at London Victoria, it can't be that far away from the meet and there's tubes and everything.

Gimme a PM if you need me xx
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm so stressed!

Steph told me she was sorting it.

I think I'm going Huddersfield - Leeds - London down and London - Manchester - Huddersfield back, there ain't many cheap trains down to London on Saturday from Manc. Its £18 from Manchester to London, or £12 from Leeds and £12 back to Manc.

I can't afford to book mine till Friday either ;<
  • Options

I have only been on the Megabus once from Oxford to London and it was only £1. £14 seems a good deal from Manchester. 4.5 hours is ages though!!
  • Options
    I'm getting the 8am coach that gets in at 12.45pm, like Stacey said. Never tried the Megabuses, I completely forgot about them actually.

I'm getting in at London Victoria, it can't be that far away from the meet and there's tubes and everything.

Gimme a PM if you need me xx
    20 minutes one change when I did it for the first meet.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    20 minutes one change when I did it for the first meet.

That's what I like to hear mate. Minters.

Like, what stop do I need for the meet?
  • Options
    Check out the TfL website. From Victoria to Baker Street - 10 mins 1 change

TfL
  • Options
    That's what I like to hear mate. Minters.

Like, what stop do I need for the meet?
    Baker Street. Right next to it. Change at Oxford Circus I think,
  • Options
    Wicked kids, thanks.

Oooh, the excitement!