Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cancelling train tickets/changing plans

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Hey I found some cheap tickets online last night. They are on the previous page. Try booking those ones. Have you tried booking them online?

Yeah, I've tried online, then the fucking silly call centre, then back online.
  • Options
    Why don't you book 2 singles -

a single VALUE ADVANCE 2 SINGLE C £12.50 from Manchester to London DEP 07:54 ARR 11.27 (it changes at Stafford but ou have 11 mins for the change)

Depending on what time you are leaving at for example the 20:12 DEP from London ARR 23:59 No changes

So that is £25 for your tickets.

I hope this helps and I am not just interfering!

JST got there before me
  • Options
    The call centre I rang up last night was pretty useless.

Just keep trying online.

This happened to me about a month ago on the virgin site. I then tried thetrainline site and it worked.

Try changing the site you are buying them off.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Oh yeah. How unusual :|
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Why don't you book 2 singles -

a single VALUE ADVANCE 2 SINGLE C £12.50 from Manchester to London DEP 07:54 ARR 11.27 (it changes at Stafford but ou have 11 mins for the change)

Depending on what time you are leaving at for example the 20:12 DEP from London ARR 23:59 No changes

So that is £25 for your tickets.

I hope this helps and I am not just interfering!

JST got there before me
    Aye, its failing after that. Either NRES is down or the scum at Virgin Trains have closed the train for reservations.
  • Options
    OK, everyone. Just so you don't all repeat yourselves or think I am a bit of a train-ticket-buying nummybrain - I have in fact tried buying those tickets about 100 times. I have also tried different tickets at different prices.

Stacey - I'll try the trainline now. Thanks!

Also - I've found National Express tickets at £24 if all else fails.
  • Options
    OK, everyone. Just so you don't all repeat yourselves or think I am a bit of a train-ticket-buying nummybrain - I have in fact tried buying those tickets about 100 times. I have also tried different tickets at different prices.

Stacey - I'll try the trainline now. Thanks!

Also - I've found National Express tickets at £24 if all else fails.
    VALUE ADVANCE SINGLE A @ £23.00 on 07.53 & 08.50 off Stockport both work. It appears Virgin have closed the train you were looking at early for cheap tickets, which isn't actually allowed but they've done it anyway.
  • Options
    Nice one James, but don't worry about it. I'm going to get the coach instead, although it takes longer it's far less hassle. I just can't be arsed with it all!

Keep an eye out for your cheque. :D
  • Options
    What time does your coach get you into London for?

Is the coach getting you back on the Sunday as well?
  • Options
    have you got a young persons railcard? :)
  • Options
    Nice one James, but don't worry about it. I'm going to get the coach instead, although it takes longer it's far less hassle. I just can't be arsed with it all!

Keep an eye out for your cheque. :D
    Haha fair play. I'm looking forward to my cheque.. Doofay still hasn't replied to my PM and never seems to be on MSN :|:|
  • Options
    Have you cashed my cheque yet? :p
  • Options
    Stacey - yeah, I'm leaving Manchester on Saturday morning and arriving into London at 12.45pm-ish... then leaving London at 3.30pm-ish on the Sunday. £24.

I'm guessing Doofay isn't coming...?
  • Options
    Thats not too bad then. Most people aren't arriving in till after 12 anyways. £24 isn't bad either. :)
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Thats not too bad then. Most people aren't arriving in till after 12 anyways. £24 isn't bad either. :)

Woo woo! I'm excited now. Just wondering what I should wear...!!
  • Options

:chin:

£24's not bad... I'm psyching myself up for a reet skinful, though I have to leave in a half-decent state early evening. :yeees:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

£24's not bad... I'm psyching myself up for a reet skinful, though I have to leave in a half-decent state early evening. :yeees:
    thats so unlike yourself
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    thats so unlike yourself

:yes: i know...thought i'd let me hair down for once..

:p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

Same here mate! I can just sleep off the hangover on the coach home the next day. Breathing vodka/beer/Southern Comfort onto the lucky person sat next to me. :D
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Have you cashed my cheque yet? :p
    I was going to do it yesterday, except half of Huddersfield wanted to cash a cheque at the same time, so will do it tommorow
  • Options
    Same here mate! I can just sleep off the hangover on the coach home the next day. Breathing vodka/beer/Southern Comfort onto the lucky person sat next to me. :D

you just know said lucky person will go home and complain to everyone they know about the mad alkie they had to sit next to on the coach... heavy breathing their 80% proof breath on them. :lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    Woo woo! I'm excited now. Just wondering what I should wear...!!
    I've not even thought about what I am going to wear. I'm going home for a week at the weekend so I'm coming straight to London from there on the Thursday so its whatever clothes I have left really in my suitcase which I'm having to bring with me as I'm going straight back to Uni after the meet. :yeees:

...Yes this does mean I'm going to have a suitcase with me until we check in at the hostel. Its quite a big one too. :rolleyes: Which is why I would like to check in at the hostel as early as possible :p
  • Options

Haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :yes: i know...thought i'd let me hair down for once..

:p
    tart :wave:

PS briggi, why dont you reply to my texts or PM's anymore :(
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    tart :wave:

PS briggi, why dont you reply to my texts or PM's anymore :(

Because you're a stalker?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    you just know said lucky person will go home and complain to everyone they know about the mad alkie they had to sit next to on the coach... heavy breathing their 80% proof breath on them. :lol: :thumb:

Haha! That's my aim now :D Aww, will be so mint to meet you (and others, obviously!) even if I will be completely shitfaced and embarrass myself.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I've not even thought about what I am going to wear. I'm going home for a week at the weekend so I'm coming straight to London from there on the Thursday so its whatever clothes I have left really in my suitcase which I'm having to bring with me as I'm going straight back to Uni after the meet. :yeees:

...Yes this does mean I'm going to have a suitcase with me until we check in at the hostel. Its quite a big one too. :rolleyes: Which is why I would like to check in at the hostel as early as possible :p

We could always go check in then go back to the bar? Are they far away from each other? Fuck knows, haha.

I'm going to probably wear the usual. Jeans, t-shirt, trainers. Even you lot don't mean enough for me to make a special effort. ;)
  • Options
    Because you're a stalker?

oh, way to make someone feel happy after i was the one that was texted about 1am this morning

tis ok if you've been told something i havnt, but cheers, i'll sod off if you want me to as well
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    oh, way to make someone feel happy after i was the one that was texted about 1am this morning

tis ok if you've been told something i havnt, but cheers, i'll sod off if you want me to as well

Umm, you make no sense? I was joking?
  • Options
    Umm, you make no sense? I was joking?
    i apologise, im in a very bad mood at the moment, and ive just been having a damned annoying convo with a thesite member who needs to be disemboweled

not you though :)