Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eating Cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it a good idea? bad idea? Same as smoking it? I mean when its cooked in a muffin or something similar.....

Any advice appreciated :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I heard it's stronger. I was going to try out space-cakes but was advised against it for my first time. Buut that's just what I heard..
  • Options
    lot stronger.
    not for the faint hearted.
    quite wonderful though.
  • Options
    whats the effects

would it be best to have small nibbles then wait an hour or so then eat more as wanted/needed?
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    whats the effects

would it be best to have small nibbles then wait an hour or so then eat more as wanted/needed?
    if you eat enough for two spliffs ...you'll get an idea of whats what ...it can take anything up to an hour to kick in but usualy twenty mins.
    the effects are cannabis effects but if it's good gear it can be quite trippy ...quite psycadelic.
    if your an experienced smoker you can't realy go qrong.
  • Options
    if you eat enough for two spliffs ...you'll get an idea of whats what ...it can take anything up to an hour to kick in but usualy twenty mins.
    the effects are cannabis effects but if it's good gear it can be quite trippy ...quite psycadelic.
    if your an experienced smoker you can't realy go qrong.

ive never had a single puff of a cigarette ;) and dont ever plan to

eating is the only option for me
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

Cigarette = bad
    Spliff = good :D
  • Options
    Cigarette = bad
    Spliff = good :D

inhaling anything is no good for me

and a spliff still contains tobacco (most of the time :razz: ) and i dont agree with tobacco even if it is mixed with weed!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    inhaling anything is no good for me

and a spliff still contains tobacco (most of the time :razz: ) and i dont agree with tobacco even if it is mixed with weed!
    I was only joking! :D
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

take iteasy then ...you might not feel it coming on ...you might just suddenly realise all's not as it should be!
    which can be a bit disturbibg.
    make sure your with people you like and know and trust and ...who have experience in these matters.
    if you find yourelf feeling anxious ...tell someone ...go for a walk with someone ...in the park or just about anywhere realy.
    stay away from your parents.
    you may well find yourself having fits of the giggles which is realy quite wonderful.

you won't die ...you won't go crazy ...you won't be ill ...you won't become a thieving junky.
    though you may feel these things are about to happen.
    it is very interesting and usualy very rewarding when you discover that your own mind can do things you never knew it could.
    but ...a little at a time.
  • Options
    He could whitey though...it's possible...just take it easy...
  • Options
    He could whitey though...it's possible...just take it easy...
    yes indeedy.
    like lying on the bathroom floor feeling very ill with your brains melting all over the floor but ...someone experienced or some nice tunes ...can bring you out of that quite easily ...and it's only a passing thing.
  • Options
    yes indeedy.
    like lying on the bathroom floor feeling very ill with your brains melting all over the floor but ...someone experienced or some nice tunes ...can bring you out of that quite easily ...and it's only a passing thing.

whats that then
  • Options
    Eating cannabis takes longer for it to take effect than normal cannabis. Usually 40 mins-hour! The effects are a lot more profound too...have fun!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    whats that then
    i just described it!
    you may feel like your avbout to pass out ...or wish you could!
    you may feel very hot ...dizzy ...light headed and ...as though your mind has expanded so far your no longer in touch with it ...then start worrying who is inside your head ...that wants to get in touch with it ...what it ...what was it ...oh yeah my mind ...
  • Options
    As long as you just eat small amounts to start with you should be fine. Maybe make some cakes without weed in them for in case you get the munchies too :thumb:
  • Options
    i just described it!
    you may feel like your avbout to pass out ...or wish you could!
    you may feel very hot ...dizzy ...light headed and ...as though your mind has expanded so far your no longer in touch with it ...then start worrying who is inside your head ...that wants to get in touch with it ...what it ...what was it ...oh yeah my mind ...

yeh you explained it but im sure the brains dont really melt out on the floor :p

so basically it could go either way
  • Options
    I've only tried once, made firecrackers with a half a gram, felt nothing. I was never a big bud fan :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    yeh you explained it but im sure the brains dont really melt out on the floor :p

so basically it could go either way
    it is nothing ...nothing like alcohol.
    even if you have a whitey it is quite easy to come out of it and carry on having fun ...and your only likely to have a whitey if you have to much.
    it's more like a journey ...a trip into parts of you ...where you have never been.
    your mind will be working in ways you have so far never known.
    you will still be able to function unlike alcohol where you start falling about and speaking gibberish.
    unlike alcohols loss of control and possible violence and injury.
    if you had never had alcohol and you were told the down sides of it it would sound quite scary.
  • Options
    Tbh first time users should start of smoking a spliff with their mates...the buzz could be too intense!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Tbh first time users should start of smoking a spliff with their mates...the buzz could be too intense!

nah not gonna happen!

i'll let u all know how it goes, if i get around to consuming some

ive been pretty shit faced with alcohol in my time, so it shouldnt be too wierd hopefully
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    ive been pretty shit faced with alcohol in my time, so it shouldnt be too wierd hopefully

Cannabis is an introspective drug...you'll find yourself thinking on it, being more aware of sense around you whereas alcohol is the total opposite!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Cannabis is an introspective drug...you'll find yourself thinking on it, being more aware of sense around you whereas alcohol is the total opposite!

thats kinda the part of being drunk that i dont like. the more i drink the more i dont know what im doing. And i like to know what i am doing
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    thats kinda the part of being drunk that i dont like. the more i drink the more i dont know what im doing. And i like to know what i am doing
    as i said it aint nothing like alcohol.
    you'll come away with a knew kind of education about the human mind.
  • Options
    When ingested, the active component THC (which to give it its initial title is delta-9-THC) is metabolised by the liver and becomes delta-11-thc, a compound thought to be significantly more psychoactive.

In addition, it is thought that a greater amount of the actual THC is ingested when eating compared to smoking. The onset of effects is also typically longer, often delayed by up to an hour.

The result of this is that, compared to smoking, you are ingesting comparatively more, of a considerably greater psychoactive substance who's effects vary in onset.

In real terms this can be quite overwhelming, can last longer and could catch you off guard if you aren't ready for it. Have someone you trust at hand, preferably who isnt completely wrecked, and try to do it in a familiar place where you feel comfortable.
  • Options
    im surpised noone has suggested cooking it in oil/butter first - it makes it a lot stronger and more efficient .. i cant remember the exact sciences behind it (a quick google should sort that) but it definatly does get you more fucked, not to mention you can subsitute your 'magic' butter/oil in foods that require it ;)
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    im surpised noone has suggested cooking it in oil/butter first - it makes it a lot stronger and more efficient .. i cant remember the exact sciences behind it (a quick google should sort that) but it definatly does get you more fucked, not to mention you can subsitute your 'magic' butter/oil in foods that require it ;)

No that is a myth, eating 'raw' weed has just the same effect!
  • Options
    ive found it DEFINTLY to be stronger, any time ive done it if done it with soapbar, apparenty the stomach cant digest grass properly, ill check for links ..
  • Options
    Cannabis is not a drug. It is a plant. It has cell walls that interupt the proper absorption when eaten raw. Cannabinoids are fat soluble and THC and other cannabinoids are stored in fat cells in the body for a long time, making urine testing mostly a test for cannabis. To break down the cell walls using fats like in cannabutter is called carboxylating.

from http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=6&i=447
    Cooked Too Hot/Cold - Another common mistake. "Simmer" means just that - not a boil, and especially with butter which gets really nasty when you overcook it. This is also part of the reason people eat their brownies and say it tastes ...

Too cold is less drastic, it's fairly hard to do unless your burner dies. However although heat isn't really necessary to 'activate THC' as is so commonly thought, it is needed to create bonds between the fat and the THC, as well as move the liquids around so they combine.

from http://www.marijuana.com/420/showthread.php?t=27124 .. ive read about heat being needed to 'activate' it elsewhere so thats probably where im kinda wrong

but yea from expierence ive definatly definatly found it to make eating soapbar stonger
  • Options
    Disolving it into fat (butter or oil) may make it come up quicker but it will not chemically change the THC at all, so its just a taste issue rather than a chemistry one.
  • Options
    how about straining it into a cup of tea?