Home Travel & Free Time
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Free Wednesday evening? Come along to our safeguarding co-design session from 6-7:30PM. sign up here

I Hate, Do You?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, this is my first real post and literally the reason why I wanted to join a forum.

Today my friends, the topic that's once again managed to crawl from the gutters of the past has bitten me in the butt AGAIN.

Night Clubs. You see, my girlfriend, she quite down to earth in the sense that she's a well rounded person. She's tried a lot of things, even indulged minorly into the drugs scene, and this is what really gets me.

She insists on going with her absolutely MORONIC druggy friends to the night club 'Fabric' in London. We got together last year, then broke up, and then got together again, on the condition that she promised herself she wouldnt ignore her other friends and choose me over everything and on the CONDITION that we go out together more, as a couple.

When I ask if she wants to go out for a meal NOW, she replies "I don't have any money" in a rather shy, upset tone. But she'll more than gladly go to a club and spend £5 getting there, £10 to get in, £30 on drinks. (noting that a meal together would cost about £10 each minumum) This is turning into a rant about my relationship, so I'll get back on track.

Clubs. Who wants to go to a place infested with physically impared wannabe playboy gorms walking around like ozzy osbourne wacked out on ket and X? And all costing a bomb while having to suffer with an immense hangover and reversed sleeping pattern. WHY?? My girlfriend's reason for going is that she gets to spend time with her friends (that she see's all week in college) and the music (I will slate that in another post).

I'm not a home-bound drag, I'm actually a thriving social creature and a good honest guy, but how can you be social in clubs when you cant even hear yourself speak? I've been to Fabric once, along with other clubs and I dont rate it.

Who agree's? It's unreal.
«1345678

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tee he. Good rant. I don't hate clubs, but I do hate.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the point of clubs is to just drink and dance really........if you want to be social a good pubs the place to be! :thumb:
    I dont do drugs(tried pot)but if her drugs really get to you then maybe you should see other people as they say?Then again,dont take my advice, Iv never had a girlfriend so I dont know how you feel.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Autosmash wrote:
    Ok, this is my first real post and literally the reason why I wanted to join a forum.

    Today my friends, the topic that's once again managed to crawl from the gutters of the past has bitten me in the butt AGAIN.

    Night Clubs. You see, my girlfriend, she quite down to earth in the sense that she's a well rounded person. She's tried a lot of things, even indulged minorly into the drugs scene, and this is what really gets me.

    She insists on going with her absolutely MORONIC druggy friends to the night club 'Fabric' in London. We got together last year, then broke up, and then got together again, on the condition that she promised herself she wouldnt ignore her other friends and choose me over everything and on the CONDITION that we go out together more, as a couple.

    When I ask if she wants to go out for a meal NOW, she replies "I don't have any money" in a rather shy, upset tone. But she'll more than gladly go to a club and spend £5 getting there, £10 to get in, £30 on drinks. (noting that a meal together would cost about £10 each minumum) This is turning into a rant about my relationship, so I'll get back on track.

    Clubs. Who wants to go to a place infested with physically impared wannabe playboy gorms walking around like ozzy osbourne wacked out on ket and X? And all costing a bomb while having to suffer with an immense hangover and reversed sleeping pattern. WHY?? My girlfriend's reason for going is that she gets to spend time with her friends (that she see's all week in college) and the music (I will slate that in another post).

    I'm not a home-bound drag, I'm actually a thriving social creature and a good honest guy, but how can you be social in clubs when you cant even hear yourself speak? I've been to Fabric once, along with other clubs and I dont rate it.

    Who agree's? It's unreal.
    are you related to stargalaxy?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't be arsed with night clubs either tbh.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe I am?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate Michael Crichton. And Phil Collins.

    I swear, the day Michael Crichton agrees to write Phil Collins biography, is the day the gates of hell are thrown open and Moloch stalks the earth.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really do clubs much, the only time I do go is if I want a late drink. I much prefer pubs and bars, like a nice lounge bar where you can talk to your mates with out spitting in their ear.

    I'm interested what you think about the music in clubs though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite wrote:
    I hate Michael Crichton. And Phil Collins.

    :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But do you all agree with the point I'm making? The money wasted, the health at risk (I guess this pointer is a big one to me because I'm a gym freak) and the utter time wasted? And for what? To give adolecent 'oooo whats 'in' this week' nerds a chance to see the opitome of scuzz London?

    I may sound like a dork, but when the only option on a saturday night is to go with 'friends' to a club, I'd rather sit at home, play some guitar, watch some futurama and save my money for something that's actually going to be useful, like an eventual new car or even packs of replacement guitar strings.

    A waste of teen experiences and youth you say? WRONG, Clubs are not what our generation seek as hearsay youth, it's simply sad idiots that repeatadly go to clubs, then become so dependant on drugs that they find it hard to have a good time without them.

    F^T(^TGH K!!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    er, I still dissagree with you but, good ranting skills there. You let it all out now!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    er, I still dissagree with you but, good ranting skills there. You let it all out now!

    Why do you disagree?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmmm,Im gonna go to clubs but not do the drugs! :thumb:
    Great to see another guitarist here,how long have you been playing?Any tips for someone new to it and really shit like me? :cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Autosmash wrote:
    But do you all agree with the point I'm making? The money wasted, the health at risk (I guess this pointer is a big one to me because I'm a gym freak) and the utter time wasted? And for what? To give adolecent 'oooo whats 'in' this week' nerds a chance to see the opitome of scuzz London?

    I may sound like a dork, but when the only option on a saturday night is to go with 'friends' to a club, I'd rather sit at home, play some guitar, watch some futurama and save my money for something that's actually going to be useful, like an eventual new car or even packs of replacement guitar strings.

    A waste of teen experiences and youth you say? WRONG, Clubs are not what our generation seek as hearsay youth, it's simply sad idiots that repeatadly go to clubs, then become so dependant on drugs that they find it hard to have a good time without them.

    F^T(^TGH K!!!!!
    are you sure your not related to stargalxcy?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dissagree becasue if you enjoy the clubs you visit and the drugs you take then it's not wasted money...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course, all the people who disagree are out..........clubbing! :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its hard to agree with something i do or rather have done myself.
    I used to be one of those people who went out two/three times a week clubbing keeping all with all the latest trends (clothes/slang/drinks etc.) and i had a great time. i still go out but probably only once or twice a month now and i still think its great.
    Why are you so against all of the scene? seems to me like you're jealous of your gf spending more time at clubs with her mates then at home with you. dont get old before your time my man :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He said hes a gym freak so you wont see eye to eye on that!!
    I think he means using drugs and destroying your health is a waste of money.......I could be wrong though. :razz:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And, by the same twist of the knife, I consider gyms to be a waste of time and money.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Press-ups and crunches,leg raises and tricep dips :D All in front of the tv in your own home completely free too!! :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    imo 9 hours of hard raving is much more beneficial than 2 hours at the gym anyway. i dont take many drugs and i dont drink to excess (at least not very often) but yet i still have a great time, can easily spend 30-40 quid on a night out but i dont consider it wasted money because i come home with shit loads of memories and something to laugh about with my mates in the following week.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what happened to all the fun in the world?

    and ...in my experience ...most of the gym freaks i ever met are a wee bit self obsessed.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    I dissagree becasue if you enjoy the clubs you visit and the drugs you take then it's not wasted money...

    Money can't buy a sense of reality and self worth, nor can it increase peoples ability to notice how much time they're wasting.

    Drugs = cool = rad = woah = yeah man = peer pressure = BULLS*IT AND LACK OF HOBBIES.

    :banghead:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think peer pressure should be first?
    And why is having fun and a laugh a waste of time and money?! :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Autosmash wrote:
    Money can't buy a sense of reality and self worth, nor can it increase peoples ability to notice how much time they're wasting.

    Drugs = cool = rad = woah = yeah man = peer pressure = BULLS*IT AND LACK OF HOBBIES.

    :banghead:
    Yes. people take drugs because they have nothing better to do. :rolleyes: open your fucking eyes man, you must be seeing the world through a really boring lens.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what has your post got to do with what you quoted of me? Dumb ass. Where did I write (or even think for that matter) that money can buy reality or self worth?

    And if someone takes drugs as or part of their hobby- how is that not a hobby? Just because you think sitting in your room tinking away at a guitar on your own is a more 'worthy' hobby. pah!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And what about people who do drugs and have hobbies? What about the people who do drugs because they enjoy the sensations/feeling/what have you?

    There's a shitload of people on this board who have well rounded lives and who choose to get blasted off their tits on a Saturday night. It means fuck all about them as a person. It's just something they enjoy. On one, one night of the week. That's not frittering their lives away.

    Jesus wept........
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Autosmash wrote:
    Money can't buy a sense of reality and self worth, nor can it increase peoples ability to notice how much time they're wasting.

    Drugs = cool = rad = woah = yeah man = peer pressure = BULLS*IT AND LACK OF HOBBIES.

    :banghead:
    you sound like a rite boring cunt tbh.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    Just because you think sitting in your room tinking away at a guitar on your own is a more 'worthy' hobby. pah!
    playing with himself?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think Id play my guitar better drunk and stoned to be honest,less frustration and more giggling :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Incidentally, clubbing doesn't have to be expensive. I went out last night, spent 80p each way on a bus fare and £1 to keep my coat in the cloak room. No door fee, no drinks (all about tap water). So the argument falls, I thank you.

    And not all clubbers are image-obsessed druggies. I hope I'm neither and although I go clubbing less than I used to, I do enjoy it.
This discussion has been closed.