Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Living with a boyfriend makes women fat

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think I care more about what I eat now, because I've put on weight since meeting my bf, and I don't want it to be a turn off for him. I never used to think about food, but now hes always bringing me treats and sweets in school and I'm really fattening up :(. He eats whatever he likes and hes as thin as a rake.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    I don't mean to be nosy, but if you don't mind telling us, how did you two meet?
    faceparty :)
  • Options
    faceparty :)
    Really?
  • Options
    yep, he caught my eye and we started messaging, then msn-ing, then met up a few weeks later. Never looked back!
  • Options
    Wow, that's amazing, those things work then, huh.. Well, good for you (both)!
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Wow, that's amazing, those things work then, huh.. Well, good for you (both)!

they certainly do work, yes! i might my ex bf on there and i'm no saddo. nor was he. :p
  • Options
    dat aint always true im moving in wiv my boyfriend soon and he cooks proper food n i always get my own way wiv him so deres no way i wld b gettin fat x
  • Options
    you always get your own way with him so there's no way you're going to be fat?
  • Options
    dat aint always true im moving in wiv my boyfriend soon and he cooks proper food n i always get my own way wiv him so deres no way i wld b gettin fat x

That's great.

Get him to chuck in some English lessons, and you're done!
  • Options
    That's great.

Get him to chuck in some English lessons, and you're done!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'd say it had a lot to do with eating as frequently as a lot of blokes do, quantity, snacking...and definitely related to alcohol in many cases. I'd say being in an unhappy relationship would definitely contribute too, unfortunately.

Being in a happy relationship contributes too- we've got fat because we had the money to eat out regularly in good restaurants, and basically have a great time.

Now we're skint we're eating well, and we're losing weight quite quickly. It's amazing what having to live off vegetable soup does for the waistline.

But yeah, a lot of girls put on weight in marriage because they eat the same meals as their partner. Most people end up having equal portions, and for most women that's too much. Even if it's great and healthy food, if you're eating the same amount as someone who burns off 500-600 kCal a day more then you're eating too much.
  • Options
    I definitely gained a lot of weight when i got together with my boyfriend, as we tended to get takeaways and eat together. He eats like a horse (seriously, i don't know where he puts it all - he has 5 full meals a day!) and piles it on my plate when he dishes out. I've had to train myself not to *try* and finish what's on my plate, and tried to make him aware that i don't need two chicken breasts or two jacket potatoes when he cooks for me *rolleyes*
  • Options
    I definitely gained a lot of weight when i got together with my boyfriend, as we tended to get takeaways and eat together. He eats like a horse (seriously, i don't know where he puts it all - he has 5 full meals a day!) and piles it on my plate when he dishes out. I've had to train myself not to *try* and finish what's on my plate, and tried to make him aware that i don't need two chicken breasts or two jacket potatoes when he cooks for me *rolleyes*

Oh hunny, I feel your pain! Well kind of. My boyfriend is a meat and potatos guy. Thats all he ever eats. Considering I dont eat red meat, its tough. He has always eaten out. Therefore, since I've moved in, we always eat out. I get whatever looks good. He eats whatever looks good, which is usually alot :p

He has also gained 20 lbs since meeting me, how, I dont know as I dont think his eating patterns have changed at all!

I hate eating out now. We do it at 7 days a week. For so long we didn't care about apatizers or deserts, we just got what we felt like eating! After eating nothing for so long, I just gorged.

I try to go for the salads and such, but since we eat out every meal they still aren't even that healthy. Resturant salads are so huge with so much. Never fat free dressing. Its impossible to eat good. I've tried but we have completly opposite tastes in food. Honestly, anything I like, he doesn't and vice versa.

The only thing thats helped me lose weight is since 5 days a week I eat breakfast and lunch by myself I keep to weight watchers. Keeping everything down.

Surpsingly I've actually lost that 6 lbs. And its more than 6 lbs water weight. That weight loss actually gets me into the pants I used to wear 50% more comfortably than I did for quite a long time.

After all this rant though, one big main thing that I think affects my wieght gain since I've met the boyfriend is how I was raised. For probaly the first 13 or so years of my life, if I wanted desert, I had to finish all thats on my plate. Finishing your plate was a good thing. I've always carried that since. When we're out, I eat everything. When I'm full, when I'm stuffed, I will finish everything. And since resturants give you large portions, I get very full and continue to eat for quite a while since its a pure habbit to finish everything. Even now, I've tried very hard, but it is very hard to get out of the eat everything on your plate habbit.