Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eating fish

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Eating fish at work or in other public settings should be illegal. Opinions?

I think it should be. Somebody makes, without fail, fish at least once a week since I have been here. I do not have a door to block out the vomit inducing smell. Fish has a universally rank smell. They obviously take no consideration of other people. Obviously today is a fish day. :yuck:

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fish are nice. Mushrooms aren't. Outlaw mushrooms! (I mean the ones used for food, before anyone makes any "smart" comments)
  • Options
    No it shouldn't. Fish is lovely and has lots of protein which is good for the body unlike supersize mc donalds and coca cola.
  • Options
    Some may like the taste, but its not about the taste, its about the overwhelming grotesque stench that comes from it.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Eating fish at work or in other public settings should be illegal. Opinions?

I think it should be. Somebody makes, without fail, fish at least once a week since I have been here. I do not have a door to block out the vomit inducing smell. Fish has a universally rank smell. They obviously take no consideration of other people. Obviously today is a fish day. :yuck:

absouletly agree, tinned fish that people take to work smells horrible.

tinned salmon, tuna, sardines, makes me feel sick
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    absouletly agree, tinned fish that people take to work smells horrible.

tinned salmon, tuna, sardines, makes me feel sick

Most the time its home made food, some type of fresh fish that they cooked the night before and reheated today :yuck: Tuna would be better than that! It doesn't have a very carrying odor.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fish isn't a bad smell - it's a healthy smell. Makes my juices flow. :yum:

Better than other peoples Cheese and Onion crisps or egg - which although tasty literally smells like jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i've got a real taste for fish lately. especially prawns and seafood sticks! and morrisons do a yummy fish pie. :yum:
  • Options
    A pack of kippers leaked all over my hands at work today. :yuck: Manda I feel your pain!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    i've got a real taste for fish lately. especially prawns and seafood sticks! and morrisons do a yummy fish pie. :yum:

Paella :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I don't like the smell of fish either.
  • Options
    i LOVE the smell of that smoked fish...can't remember which one it is though..
  • Options
    It's usually smoked Haddock
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sharry21 wrote:
    It's usually smoked Haddock
    Like Tintin's friend? (He's my favourite comics character, btw).
  • Options
    Well i like fish but i agree the smell isnt particulary nice. Like this morning i had Sardines on toast, put the tin in the bin and i could still smell the bastard sardines in the next room.
  • Options
    fish only smelss bad when it's off
  • Options
    Well I agree that it should be banned - not only does it stink and make me feel sick, but I am also allergic to it!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    fish only smelss bad when it's off

Bit like a woman's taco!
  • Options
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Bit like a woman's taco!
    lol Dam I don't have one of them, I've alway made them out of flour :(
  • Options
    I treat myself to some smoked mackrel after I've been to the gym :thumb:; and Fridays is Fish'n'chip day at work. Other days I have houmous, prawn curries and other delightfully aromatic food that makes everyone else hungry.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mmmmm

Fish.
  • Options
    If fish is gonna be banned, then they've gotta ban microwave pizza too. It just smells like sick. :yuck:
  • Options
    Perhaps I'm just weird, but I love the smell of fish. All seafood, like cockles, etc.

Only thing I refuse to eat and hate the smell of is dulce/seaweed :yuck:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Perhaps I'm just weird, but I love the smell of fish. All seafood, like cockles, etc.

Hehe.

I hate the smell of malteries. They smell EFFING awful and make me feel ill.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hehe.

I hate the smell of malteries. They smell EFFING awful and make me feel ill.

Eeeh, what's that?
  • Options
    If fish is gonna be banned, then they've gotta ban microwave pizza too. It just smells like sick. :yuck:

Gross, yes, like mouldy cheese or something. Microwave pizzas are all soggy and gross anways :p

Everybody should just bring scentless cold sandwiches to work or something. My peanut butter and jam never causes the whole building to simatanously yack.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    GMy peanut butter and jam
    could you cope with the guilt of accidentally killing someone with a peanut allergy. there you were, quietly eating a sarnie, when you sneezed, causing a peanut particle to be projected from your nose into a passing colleagues cup of coffee.....
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    could you cope with the guilt of accidentally killing someone with a peanut allergy. there you were, quietly eating a sarnie, when you sneezed, causing a peanut particle to be projected from your nose into a passing colleagues cup of coffee.....

Well I don't eat chunky peanut butter

and more importantly I have the decency to cover my mouth and nose when I sneeze. As its even grosser than fish if you don't :yuck:

And yes, I could deal with it. :p
  • Options
    see this is why I don't eat seafood :yuck:
  • Options

Same here, and fish shouldn't smell bad unless there is something wrong with it.

Or people are not cooking it properly.

e.g. the grey bit on slamon when you remove the skin, if you fry that then it stinks, if you remove it and only cook the main fleshy bit then there isn't much bad smell at all.

Now onions are wrong and the work of the devil. I literally cannot stay in the same room as omeone cutting oonions or i probably will actually go throw up.