Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

iPod

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What sites can you download music from for an iPod. I have been using iTunes but at 79p each it soon mounts up.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    myspace lol

rip the tracks from the profiles :P
  • Options
    From what they say you should be able to get some here...
    Don't have an ipod so didn't try it tho...

http://www.macidol.com/free_ipod_music.php
  • Options
    What you need is this
    http://www.slsknet.org/
  • Options
    YOu could always take the illegal route and use Limewire.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Is it anygood? Not too sure if I want to download them illegally. But your opinion would be appreciated!
  • Options
    Limewire is teh greatest (except bit torrent but BT isnt worth music)
  • Options
    Create an account with easynews.com ($5/month) and get 10gigs of whatever the hell you like. :)
  • Options
    Limewire's pretty good, and the law is that you are only breaking the law if you are offering music for upload.
  • Options
    easyiest way to do that is download limeire and take all your downloaded files out, or download limeire pro through limewire normal, install it and select not to share anything, means you dont upload half downloaded files either.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Limewire's pretty good, and the law is that you are only breaking the law if you are offering music for upload.

As far as i'm aware.. the law is as follows..

You can download any track you want, as long as you own the original. So for example the download could be for Backup purposes.

If you dont own the original track, then you have to delete the download within 24 hours. So in this case you would be downloading to see if it was worth paying for.

But the most imporantant fact of all is.... who gives a fuck, the record companys make far more money than they should anyway!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Yeah that is good, so i hear.......... sometimes the tunes are fake though, again, so i have been told...... ;)
  • Options
    Yeah that is good, so i hear.......... sometimes the tunes are fake though, again, so i have been told...... ;)

What do you mean by 'fake'?
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    What do you mean by 'fake'?

Basically you will try to download a song, say Madonna - and then you get Tatu! thats what happened to me! but the title said it was Madonna..... get my drift? its quite rare though...... you can download films as well which is cool!
  • Options
    about 0.1% of the time you get a dodgy song.

its easy to know what songs are dodgy awell, leave all .asx files alone on limewire, most zip files aswell found there only cause problems
  • Options
    Basically you will try to download a song, say Madonna - and then you get Tatu! thats what happened to me! but the title said it was Madonna..... get my drift? its quite rare though...... you can download films as well which is cool!

I do now, yep :thumb:
  • Options
    whgat she is saying is a VERY rare thing to happen, i've never ever had a problem with limewire and love the program. best P2P out there
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    whgat she is saying is a VERY rare thing to happen, i've never ever had a problem with limewire and love the program. best P2P out there

Keep your wig on Hellfire! My boyfriend was ranting on like you as it would only happen to me! he he :D

Do you work for Limewire or what?? :chin:

Okay i retract my entry......... Limewire is the best........ in the world!!! is that better?? :p
  • Options
    no i dont but I have at least 50gig of downloads from it. :p:p:p
  • Options
    Basically you will try to download a song, say Madonna - and then you get Tatu! thats what happened to me! but the title said it was Madonna.....

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard for having Tatu on your MP3 player :p
  • Options
    That's the worst excuse I've ever heard for having Tatu on your MP3 player :p

Ha ha what was worse was that it finished downloading just as my boyfriend walked in the door from work and i am sitting there thinking that the hell is this :confused: and my boyfriend was like YES! come on! lol :hyper:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    no i dont but I have at least 50gig of downloads from it. :p:p:p

Look at the brains on brad! lol
  • Options
    what was worse....

I remember I downloaded an Xbox image (over 2gigs worth) to find out it was a dummy image full of empty files. Really pissed off that day!!
  • Options
    I remember I downloaded an Xbox image (over 2gigs worth) to find out it was a dummy image full of empty files. Really pissed off that day!!

Dont let Hellfire know that.......he might lose his commission !! ;) shall we start a protest against Limewire! he he just kidding!
  • Options
    hey, limewire is only good for songs, anything like movies or games use bit torrent ftw
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    hey, limewire is only good for songs, anything like movies or games use bit torrent ftw

Yeah we have that too! and Donkey or something? ha ha
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    You can download any track you want, as long as you own the original. So for example the download could be for Backup purposes.

That's true.
    If you dont own the original track, then you have to delete the download within 24 hours. So in this case you would be downloading to see if it was worth paying for.

That's not. There's no such excuse for downloading copyrighted materials.

You are only breaching copyright if you upload songs for others to download. Mostly because that's the only way they can catch you.
  • Options
    Create an account with easynews.com ($5/month) and get 10gigs of whatever the hell you like. :)

http://news.astraweb.com is better imo $10/month unlimitted download, they don't keep logs and posting is anonymous.
  • Options
    http://news.astraweb.com is better imo $10/month unlimitted download, they don't keep logs and posting is anonymous.
    :yes: t'is the best newgroup i know of too! Sign up to this and then get a copy of newsleecher :thumb:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

That's not. There's no such excuse for downloading copyrighted materials.

You are only breaching copyright if you upload songs for others to download. Mostly because that's the only way they can catch you.

Oh right, fair play.

I cant remeber where I read / heard that... probably on some illigal website offering dodgy mp3's! :D
  • Options
    One of the songs that I purchased from iTunes is refusing to play. It has played fine up until today. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

ETA: It is actually all of my iTune purchases that are not working. What has happened?