Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

IE7 Beta

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't blame Microsoft for being reluctant to put too many things into their OS. The amount of hassle they got for trying to add DVD support out of the box? It's insane. All the companies providing those applications say it's unfair buisness practise.
  • Options
    The amount of hassle they got for trying to add DVD support out of the box? It's insane. All the companies providing those applications say it's unfair buisness practise.

Sure their no longer able to include Windows Media Player after being sued an unholy amount of cash for Anti trust breaches, soon it'll be Internet Explorer too.

( love my firefox though)

Intrestingly enough though is, windows computers in europe cant come bundeled with media player, but they do combundeled with bloddy real player. :mad: which is terrible!
  • Options
    I don't blame Microsoft for being reluctant to put too many things into their OS. The amount of hassle they got for trying to add DVD support out of the box? It's insane. All the companies providing those applications say it's unfair buisness practise.

One thing I don't get why people complain about them providing windows media player, a browser, an email clients or CD-DVD support.

I mean at the end of the day if you don't even have a browser how in hell can you go and download an other one.

If you get an OS you need at least few tools to start using it otherwise what's the point really. Every OS does it but also OS like Linux will usually give you few tools that do the same to choose from. Maybe it is something they should consider for window as well.

Well actually you do have the MSN explorer as well as IE, but well 2 of their products...
  • Options
    The problem isn't so much that they are bundled, it is that you cannot remove them after finding a replacement. Nobody had a problem with IE beind bundled with Win95 - it could be removed. Then along comes Win98, and the browser is suddenly an integral part of the OS...
  • Options
    it can be 'removed' through the 'add/remove windows componets' dialog however, the shell 'Explorer' basically incorporates IE as a browser.