Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is Cocaine The New Clubbers Drug???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was out last night and i to be honest am amazed how much of my town is on this drug. I can remember when cocaine was only associated with rich people. now this drug is being knocked around clubs like its ecstacy. people snorting in the toilets non stop. it dont bother me because i have a tendency to dabble but surely this is gonna become boring and everyone then will move onto smack or something muggy like that??

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    So many of my mates have swithced from E's to coke. To be honest though coke doesn't really do it for me, it's over rated and over priced.
    Crack on the other hand. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah crack is moreish. u have a little bit and u want more, but u dnt care cause its so good!
  • Options
    Never tried any illegal drugs, but if I had the chance and could somehow be sure of the source and purity, I'd atleast try LSD.
  • Options
    majority of my pals have taken cocaine on a night out at one time or another, a few regularly do it. cost wise i dont think its a elitist thing anymore, its not particularly that expensive.
  • Options
    only problem i feel with coke is that one lot can be the dogs knackers and blows ure head off one week and the next week its weak as shit and its crap. when u pay £40 for the gram u start to get a bit pissed off wen ure gear is shite!
  • Options
    we dont pay that much and are pretty pally with the guy who we get it from, always know its good shit. its just a case of know your dealer.
  • Options
    yeah i know loads of people who do coke. never really been tempted myself. also, someoen told me it doesn't give u the buzz that e does, just makes you more alert? if so.. why bother.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeah i know loads of people who do coke. never really been tempted myself. also, someoen told me it doesn't give u the buzz that e does, just makes you more alert? if so.. why bother.

Its a different buzz than e...

Some people love it, some arnt that bothered... personally I can take it or leave it, its nice every now and then... but I prefer pills.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Its a different buzz than e...

Some people love it, some arnt that bothered... personally I can take it or leave it, its nice every now and then... but I prefer pills.
    i'm sure i'll try it at some point.
  • Options
    waste of money

the buzz off e's is way better

half the club users are probably ex pill heads lookin for a kick
  • Options
    never did understand what the fuss was about coke or why people would do it whilst partying.
    whilst working yes.
  • Options
    Coke is everywhere here. In the past year or two, quite a few of my mates are on it.
  • Options
    It's everywhere around here and most people i know take it, some more regularly than others.

It's a totally different buzz from e's.
  • Options
    cola

I think coke is quality - if you get relatively uncut stuff (but still overpriced).
    But for me I don't think it suits clubbing that much purely because the buzz wheres off so quick so rather than dancing you would spend most of the night sniffing in the toilet. I beleive it suits your pub atmosphere more where you can do some, get high for 15 - 20 minutes and chat to your mates about how well you artificially think life is going and what positive plans you think you have for the future at that time...

Sounds a bit dry I know but I'm sure those who have done it will know its true. The funniest was when I had a big problem on it and every time I used to try and figure out what I needed to do with my life - joke is all I really needed to do was stop drinking and doing coke.

Well we live and learn. :yippe:
  • Options
    bah. coke is shite on a night out raving. pills all the way :D

but seriously i dont understand it - who wants to be popping in and out the toilets every 20mins doing a line, only to come out the toilet thinking your the biggest bad ass ever invented and talking pointless, what a cock, mind numbing shite to everyone.

anyway...sorry bit pissed....basically personaly think its way over priced, wouldnt turn down a line offered to me (naturally!) but would far prefer to spend 10quid on pills and just get water from the bar all night than spend 40/50 quid on coke and rinse bare money on drinks all night as well.

Dont really think coke should be the clubbers choice. not really a drug id want to do on its own up dancing all night. Mainly cos i cant afford it. Maybe I'd think differently if i could affourd pills coke and whatever drink i wanted all night :D

Also people are just willys on coke. No1 likes someone on coke. sober pissed or on coke yourself, people on coke are just always willys.
  • Options
    Yes it's become a lot more popular these days. People queueing up for lines and all that. As someone said above it's mostly ex-pillheads looking for a buzz...I like to take coke now and again, about once every couple of months and I enjoy my nights on it and it's not too much bother as I get it for free.

As for being a clubbers drug, no I wouldn't say so. It's just not the same as E's.
  • Options
    I beleive it suits your pub atmosphere

I agree, its nice in bars and pubs...

If im going raving I cant be bothered with it and much prefer pills...

One of my mates wont touch pills and only does coke when raving, it even starts to piss me off with him buggering off to the toliets every 20 mins!
  • Options
    Yes, I suppose for some people it is, but I'll say this, I'd much rather go to a club where people are using MDMA than snorting cocaine.

Its over priced for the effect, its got a nasty additive side, its got a nasty come down, the sale of it funds seriously nasty people, I just plain dont like it and I dont like that use is rising.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Yes, I suppose for some people it is, but I'll say this, I'd much rather go to a club where people are using MDMA than snorting cocaine.

Its over priced for the effect, its got a nasty additive side, its got a nasty come down, the sale of it funds seriously nasty people, I just plain dont like it and I dont like that use is rising.

What he said :yes:
  • Options
    Moffster wrote:
    only problem i feel with coke is that one lot can be the dogs knackers and blows ure head off one week and the next week its weak as shit and its crap. when u pay £40 for the gram u start to get a bit pissed off wen ure gear is shite!
    I wouldnt say thats the only problem with it, but its one of the main things that pissed me off about it.
    overpriced even when its good though.
    I dont think people are gonna go from coke to smack though, theyre completely different kinds of drugs. thats like saying when paracetamol doesnt kill your headache anymore you start taking antacids :confused:
  • Options
    What he said :yes:
    thirded
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Not just coke mate. In Northern Ireland basically any drug we buy funds loyalist and to a lesser degree republican paramilitaries.
  • Options
    as I understand it this is on reason why some groups are loathe to dispand....to lucrative...
  • Options
    it's too inconvenient to do in a club, it's nice to have a line just before heading out, and maybe at an after party- the thing I like about it, is it makes me stop smoking, whereas pills make me smoke constantly....and that's really the only time I ever smoke, weird!
  • Options
    Mez wrote:
    it's too inconvenient to do in a club, it's nice to have a line just before heading out, and maybe at an after party- the thing I like about it, is it makes me stop smoking, whereas pills make me smoke constantly....and that's really the only time I ever smoke, weird!

Really?

Coke makes me chain smoke like a mother fucker...

I dont think pills make me smoke any more or any less...
  • Options
    Mez wrote:
    if i have a line before i go out, ill just be thinking about having more all night. i prefer it for staying in - not that i do it at all anymore.
  • Options
    I rarely do cocaine. If I do, it's usually free off my mate. Even if your getting good gear it's horribly over-priced and over-rated.

I do think it's becoming more popular though. I have many friends who use it, a few who definitely do have a problem. It's a total pain in the arse if you're clubbing. You're back and forth to the toilet like a yoyo. Great way of attracting attention from bouncers. Also if you've been drinking all night, a line of cocaine is just going to sober you up pretty quick. Good waste of money on top of the organ strain.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Really?

Coke makes me chain smoke like a mother fucker...

I dont think pills make me smoke any more or any less...

smoking makes me wretch when I've taken coke, cos my throat goes all numb and dry!.....makes me drink like a mad woman tho, and not get drunk!!! (still get the hangover unfortunately)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Not just coke mate. In Northern Ireland basically any drug we buy funds loyalist and to a lesser degree republican paramilitaries.

Certainly, the situation is worse (if that were possible) in NI than other parts of the UK. Another of the long list of reasons why legal supply would be better.

In your case if you purchase cocaine not only are you funding the usual nasties in South America but also your local nasties, something to consider if you have moral problems with mass murder and criminality.
  • Options
    And everyone thinks of that when their buying their gram off your dealer/mate.

And for the book i never get a comedown off coke.