Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what is a real party to you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big student house, all rooms open, hundreds of people that all kind of know each other. Drink, good music, guitar room, smoking circles. A party that doesn't start until midnight at the earliest.

"Celebs" to make a party...pah! The only vaguely famous people at the parties I've been to were Matt Hancock from Neighbours (or at least the dude that played him); and on a separate occassion - the manager of Bloc Party (was his housewarming).
  • Options
    lots of beer,
    good dj on the decks,
    a good atmosphere so people dance (or i can dance on my own)
    loads of people you know
  • Options
    Cheese and Pinapple hedgehogs are like the best thing ever - if you dont' like them your just so wrong...
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Cheese and Pinapple hedgehogs are like the best thing ever - if you dont' like them your just so wrong...

it's all about the mini pickled onions instead of the pinapple I'm afraid :p
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Replicant wrote:
    I have to agree.
  • Options
    A party I went to August bank holiday 2004 came pretty damn close to an ideal party. About 200 people in a mansion house in Sussex for the weekend, camping in the grounds. Two soundystems in the house, one playing punk-funk, electro and breaks, the other playing house (from disco to deep via acid), marquee in the garden with a cafe and a soundsystem playing dub, live acts and bands on Sunday, friendly up for it crowd, lots of pukka MDMA, my lovely lady with me and no moody twats. Perfect. :cool:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A sound rig in the forest with a bunch of people you know and a bunch of people you don't. No more than 1000 people. Dance music, a fire, loads of pills and drink, goes on all weekend.

I used to go to a lot of forest raves but have sort of lost contact with the lads I knew in the scene. Used to got to a lot of Tribe of Locust and Outlandish raves.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Best Party?

Whips. Uniforms. Alcohol. Loud Heavy Metal. Drugs. Blood. Biting. In a huge mad place. Like, Severalls.

Man. I gotta try to organise this.... it'd be the best thing. EVER.
    apart from severalls burnt down recently didnt it?
  • Options
    A rave with hixxy and sy and the other great mc/djs out there
    Meant to be at one in abergavenny tonight but had no transport... starts at 9 and goes on till monday morning...
    I'm gutted
  • Options
    4 people and a bag of drugs is a real party to me.

30 people sitting around a house nervously drinking beers and going through the obligatory "so what do you do" chit chat isn't.
  • Options
    Good music, good people and good weather :D
  • Options
    Any true student of my medical school knows that there are only three things to make a party a true party...

1) Snakebite
    2) Drunken gay pulling
    3) Chesney Hawkes
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    dr_carter wrote:
    Any true student of my medical school knows that there are only three things to make a party a true party...

1) Snakebite
    2) Drunken gay pulling
    3) Chesney Hawkes

Snakebite's good, but apart from that it don't look good. :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Are you telling me the idea of being totally rat-arsed and singing 'The One and Only' at the top of your voice isn't your idea of a good time?

Maybe it was a mistake to go to the most homoerotic medical school in the country though...
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    30 people sitting around a house nervously drinking beers and going through the obligatory "so what do you do" chit chat isn't.
    that would make me cringe. i only like really drunken busy parties in big houses.
  • Options
    haha. my idea of a good party is sitting around with a bunch of friends and talking about crazy stories that may or may not have happened since they're drunk then getting into insane philosophical debates about things that you would never think of sober and then everyone just relaxing and chilling together. I like kick backs a lot when there's about 5 friends, but bigger parties ok as long as there's not that awkwardness and people loosen up and start joking around and really partying. It's nice when people don't need alcohol to act insane and fun too.
  • Options
    with small groups of people you don't know, 'I Have Never' is a very useful tool for probing at quiet parties...
  • Options
    We have a party room at my mate's flat. He is blessed with an incredibly large spacious bedroom. I have never had a bad night while partying there and we do it most weekends.

- small group of close friends (apx 6 people, but has been 20 sometimes)
    - massive double bed that lots of people can sprawl on
    - huge stoner sofa that sits 4 comfortably
    - beanbags
    - PC with good speakers linked up to broadband so people can download what they want. Usually like a bit of electro house and drum n bass early on.
    - cupboard full of drugs
    - copious amounts of booze
    - ability to shut out sunlight (when it rises) with huge shutters on windows :thumb:
    - someone who can roll fat 9 skinners in morning
    - mate who's great on the guitar for morning chill out with joints
    - off license when it opens for more booze
    - mong out and do it all again the next night
  • Options
    A big field, campfires, lots of pissed people, and a really good ceilidh band.

OYER.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    apart from severalls burnt down recently didnt it?

Only the Main Hall, rest is still there and mostly OK. We plan spending a night up there soon!

As for Vampire films, nah, A guy can have desires can he not? ;)
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    We have a party room at my mate's flat. He is blessed with an incredibly large spacious bedroom. I have never had a bad night while partying there and we do it most weekends.

- small group of close friends (apx 6 people, but has been 20 sometimes)
    - massive double bed that lots of people can sprawl on
    - huge stoner sofa that sits 4 comfortably
    - beanbags
    - PC with good speakers linked up to broadband so people can download what they want. Usually like a bit of electro house and drum n bass early on.
    - cupboard full of drugs
    - copious amounts of booze
    - ability to shut out sunlight (when it rises) with huge shutters on windows :thumb:
    - someone who can roll fat 9 skinners in morning
    - mate who's great on the guitar for morning chill out with joints
    - off license when it opens for more booze
    - mong out and do it all again the next night

I wanna come
  • Options
    my ideal party is on a summer night at a mates house and we all camp in the garden, have the run of the house get pissed get stoned eat loads of crap and jus chat and rock out. ooohhh i cant wait for the summer!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    4 people and a bag of drugs is a real party to me.

I totally agree. I'm so bored of stupidly huge parties with all the necessary small talk and drunks. I much prefer to go to someone's house say after a club and sit around with some vodka and a few drugs, just chilling with some music on and talking about anything. None of this social butterflying around a big house where you know 99% of the people there aren't on your level.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:

True That! yum yum!
  • Options
    Sex, Drugs & R.... :naughty:
  • Options
    Hit the cans, hit the bottle, hit the shottie, hit the floor.

That's how I used to play. I hated it. Don't do drugs any more now. Mildly drunk is cool still.
  • Options
    Lawton wrote:
    Hit the cans, hit the bottle, hit the shottie, hit the floor

Haha, and you know hitting the floor is inevitable but that doesn't stop the drinks flowing.

Saturday nights were fucking horrible :yuck:
  • Options
    There aint no party like an S Club party tbh
  • Options
    House, kegs, people. No dancing or being gay. Just drunk and fucked up people. Chilling, smoking, hanging out side for fresh air. The one abnormally funny coked up guy telling stories of when he worked at walmart. Someone putting a diper on the dog cuz its funny.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    No dancing or being gay.

:confused: