Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how mature do you feel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure how normal this is, but I still feel and think almost exactly the same as when I was maybe 16, but I'm almost 23 now. Its as if I'm a 16 year old trapped in a young mans body (sounds kinda funny I know :P)

So basically this is a question to the slightly older members of this community: Did you one day realise you were older and more mature than before? or was it so gradual that you just didn't notice.

Comments

• Options
    no, you dont all of a sudden feel old. I dont feel that much different except my brains a bit more frazzled than it used to be and I cant get away with dressing as outrageously, nor am i as desperate to shock, but pretty much i still feel like a teenager.
  • Options
    im 16 and in some ways i feel 16 but in others i feel like im in my early 20s
  • Options
    I always feel old when I see someone say or do the kinda thing I'd have when I was younger.

Or when they talk about school or uni. That really makes me feel old.
  • Options
    I think as we go older we still feel the same as we were in teenage. I mean, the 16 year old joker will be the 36 year old joker. The 16 year old messer will be the 36yr old messer. We do learn things as we go older and mature in that sense but we keep the same qualities. It's not like one day you wake up and you're a totally different person.

As for me, depends really...somedays I'm a complete child and an eejit in general, others I'm really mature but I like to have fun so I'm a child usually. :D
  • Options
    no one gets past 25.
  • Options
    im 23 this year and i currently feel 22...no older, no yonger really...
  • Options
    i'm 20 and i still feel like a school child most of the time!!!
  • Options
    im 19, turning 20 soon, and i really dont want too, an when people ask how old i am i still forget an say 18, i wish i could of stayed 18. :(
  • Options
    It happens gradually. In many aspects I have always felt more mature than my peers, and most of time I feel older than I really am. But in other aspects I still feel like a 16 year-old.
  • Options
    I'm more mature than most people. I see them all being silly and childish and I just think "Pah, you are all smelly poo poo heads who eat farts". Then I fall about laughing for a good half hour.
  • Options
    Well I'm 21, but I still feel about 18 most of the time, but there are moments when I'm 21 going on about 40.
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I'm more mature than most people. I see them all being silly and childish and I just think "Pah, you are all smelly poo poo heads who eat farts". Then I fall about laughing for a good half hour.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: And :lol::D :thumb: :yes:
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    It happens gradually. In many aspects I have always felt more mature than my peers, and most of time I feel older than I really am. But in other aspects I still feel like a 16 year-old.

Ditto. Get out of my head! :p
  • Options
    haha depends what i'm doing! :D
  • Options
    I am 19 and I feel more mature than others my age but then at times I feel like I am 14 again. Depends on the cirumstances!
  • Options
    Well im seventeen, but definitely feel more mature than my years. I am responsible for two small kids, moved out of home almost a year ago, and most of my friends are 19 - 25. Sometimes i forget how old i am, and see people my age and think typical 17 yearolds - they are so immature! Although i must have been like that at their age, then think, oh wait I am their age! Also dating wise i feel more mature, and def would not date any one my age.
  • Options
    I barely think about this. All I know is I've matured hugely over the last year, and that's as much as I can be sure of.
  • Options
    Probaly a little more than My mates.
  • Options
    I still feel about 16 inside - but now i'm old I do get excited about adult things like the prospect of having a cleaner or a dish washer. But i still do stupid kid like stuff as well.
  • Options
    I'm 26, i feel like i did when i was 16, only difference is now i have responsibiltes so i have had to calm down and be sensible. :(
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    I still feel about 16 inside - but now i'm old I do get excited about adult things like the prospect of having a cleaner or a dish washer. But i still do stupid kid like stuff as well.

yup, same again.

maybe not a cleaner, though! but i do get a bit giddy if petrol is less than 85p per litre, or if bin bags are on 2 for 1.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    but i do get a bit giddy if bin bags are on 2 for 1.

Who dosent!! :thumb: :yes: :D :yippe:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm 20... Sometimes I feel like I'm still 17, sometimes I even feel like I'm 13, sometimes I feel pretty much my age, and there are even times that I feel like I'm in my 30ies or 50ies... Or worse. It depends on what I'm thinking about and how I feel, I guess.
  • Options
    I'm 20 going on 35. I'm the youngest one at work and one of the most mature ones there.
  • Options
    Is it enough to say that the transformation into my mother is almost complete??
  • Options
    I feel 22, but other times I feel about 19. Then when I see 16-18 year olds about I feel about 30. Ha.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Is it enough to say that the transformation into my mother is almost complete??
    yes ...everytime i have a shave ...theres my daD LOOKING OUT THE MIRROR AT ME!
  • Options
    Was thinking more of when you open your mouth and their words come out, but that's part of it too Rolly.
  • Options
    i feel like im old and have to be responsible. but thats probably just down to my own situation :p
  • Options
    Age is only a number.

What is maturity? I still love nob jokes and saying cunt for comedy effect. But I have the experience to see that its not really a good idea to do some things. Reading the sex forum makes me feel iold and mature.