Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

top five things to say when trying to chat up a bird?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    i never really "ask someone out" for say being a gf, but id ask them out for a drink or coffee
    What's the difference?
  • Options
    What's the difference?

He meant as in "do you want to be my girlfriend".
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    If they like you and they're interested in talking to you then the actual subject of conversation isn't really going to make that much difference, unless you start quizzing her about Star Trek trivia or ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theories or something.
    Agree with the no-no topics :yes:

Maybe it's just me, but I also find the topic of conversation important. If the looks of the bloke appeal to me, then I'd like talking to him, but that's just the first part. For me it's really important to be able to get nice conversation out of him, that's the real test to see if I fancy the guy or not.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    If they like you and they're interested in talking to you then the actual subject of conversation isn't really going to make that much difference, unless you start quizzing her about Star Trek trivia or ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theories or something.

unless she starts talking to me about that kinda stuff, if she does, and shes atractive, then im telling my mum im not coming home that night
  • Options
    I think chat up lines are harmless and cute, so long as you don't take them seriously. Always a good ice breaker, I think.

Guy comes off with something cheesy like, 'Hey, don't I know you? Yeah, you're the girl with the beautiful smile.' Girls will guarantee to respond in someway with a smile or a laugh. If she likes the look of you, she'll stay and wait for you to finally ask for her name and start a conversation from there. And if she's not interested, she will turn and walk towards her friends (Cruel, but least u know straight away, whether u have a chance or not).

But whatever you do, don't ever come off with something tacky, like, 'So darling, want to see why the girls call me tri-pod?' She will not be impressed.
  • Options
    try not to think of it as chatting someone up; chat up lines are a BIG no-no unless you have the personality to carry it off.

like lipsy said just say hello or something and make conversation with her.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Agree with the no-no topics :yes:

disagree with the no-no topics, Star Trek's good by me and if you've got the whole collection on dvd then it' s a good excuse to invite myself over init!

I guess the point here is, if you're into star trek and 9/11 theories, you'll probably do better talking to someone similar- otherwise she'll think you're a moron BUT that's the risk you take when you be yourself, the advantage being you find the one who suits you...
  • Options
    A compliment slipped into the convo goes down well usually. Make it something true, and something that doesn't need a reply. Don't tell her she's got great hair if it's a bird's nest, do tell her the way her pretty curls were bobbing when she was chatting at he bar earlier made you want to come over to talk to her.
  • Options
    He meant as in "do you want to be my girlfriend".
    Does anyone actually say that outside of primary school?
  • Options
    there's been a flood of people aksing about how to pickup recently, what's the occasion?

post valentines depression probably.

my advice, simple as it sounds, is to just be yourself, you wont get far trying to act in a way that doesnt suit you. That way you will be relaxed, and more likely to meet someone you like.

works for me anyway.

if not just get totally hammerd, and let the drink do the work for you.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually say that outside of primary school?

I dunno, maybe if you're pissed you might?!
  • Options
    My friend actually had this one said to her in a pub:

Guy: Hey... come and sit with us
    Girl: but there are no chairs
    Guy: Oh... ok then... you could sit on my face.

WFT?
  • Options
    "If you've lost your virginity, can I have the box it came in?" :lol:
  • Options
    lol!

Did she slap him?
    No. I think she giggled a bit and ended up pulling him later that night.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    My friend actually had this one said to her in a pub:

Guy: Hey... come and sit with us
    Girl: but there are no chairs
    Guy: Oh... ok then... you could sit on my face.

WFT?
    :lol:

HAHAHA
  • Options
    You could probably have a good chuckle about bird flu.
  • Options
    "Hey would you like a drink?" along with some flirting usually works for me.
  • Options
    Maybe im really Really untrusting but i wouldnt let a bloke buy me a drink any way unless i'd known him or knew something about him or whatever.

When blokes try chat up lines, obviously you know whether you are attracted to them initially so if not then i generally just say im not interested and walk off.

I feel quite sorry for people who are trying to chat people up in bars and clubs and stuff. Its not exactly easy, most people have drunk too much and i just never really understand how they manage to do it lol

Anyway point i was makin is chat up lines only work if your either really cocky with it, and then have something worth while to say, or if you already know she is interested in you.