Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

top five things to say when trying to chat up a bird?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just wanna know how you guys chat up the birds? what kinda stuff you ask/say? It'd help me out, as last week was shite as this one girl was just giving me one word answers, so thought i was being boring or saying the wrong stuff. thanks.

NOTE: sorry dunno where this should go as its the subject of meeting girls on a night out, there doesnt seem to be a topic for that..

Comments

• Options
    "Excuse me, I'm sorry but I can't help but notice how much you look like my first wife, can I ask you your name. ("How many times have you been married?) Never."

" If I said you had a good body, would you hold it against me?"

"Are you tired? Because you've been running around my mind all day."

"Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?"

"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I have to walk by you again?"

Girls really dig these lines, just one of these and they will be putty in your hands :yes:
  • Options
    "I've lost my phone number can i have yours?"
  • Options
    "The word of the day is legs. D'you want to come back to my place and spread the word?"

Oh, if you want serious answers, there's a topic in the relationship forum called trouble meeting girls.
  • Options
    I heard a shit one recently - "I'm a sex bomb, do you want to defuse me?" Wtf?

A variation on I'm With Stupid's is that "Nice legs, what time do they open?" one. :yeees:

"Is that a ladder in your tights, or the stairway to heaven?" is a line I always find vaguely amusing. I have no idea why. :yeees:
  • Options
    Oh, if you want serious answers, there's a topic in the relationship forum called trouble meeting girls.

Yeh was looking for more serious 'topics' to talk about rather than just using chat up lines. I checked out the trouble meeting girls topic but its not helped really but thanks anyways. I would just like to know, say if you met a girl at the bar, what you would talk to her about? cheers.
  • Options
    Yeh was looking for more serious 'topics' to talk about rather than just using chat up lines. I checked out the trouble meeting girls topic but its not helped really but thanks anyways. I would just like to know, say if you met a girl at the bar, what you would talk to her about? cheers.
    I wouldn't, cos I'm a wuss. :D You'd talk about the same things you talk about to anyone when you first meet them. If you change your mindset/topics based on the fact that you think she's hot, then you won't be comfortable and you'll come across all wierd.
  • Options
    don't use any lines or try to be funny.

just say hello and ask her if shes having a good night. if she responds well to that then she is probably interested and you can just have a general chit chat about whats her name, what does she do blah blah and offer to buy her a drink.
  • Options
    yeah but how many girls play along just to get the free drink then laugh in your face or get off with another bloke, so you have wasted yout time and your money.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    offer to buy her a drink.
    :eek: Nooooo! Dont do that! If you buy someone a drink she wil just use you for that then fuck off. ive seen it happen. i think in my entire life ive only ever bought a woman (i didnt know) a drink once. Seriously there are girls out there who thrive on the attention to get free drinks all night.
    Just be yourself, strike up a random convo and bobs your aunty :thumb:
  • Options
    stop calling them birds and that'll be a start :thumb:
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah but how many girls play along just to get the free drink then laugh in your face or get off with another bloke, so you have wasted yout time and your money.
    admittedly i used to do that all the time until i was about 18 :p

don't buy one then. it wouldn't make much difference anyway. either she likes you or she doesn't.
  • Options
    the way i go about things is just to be myself. if some girl dont like you for who you are then they are not worth it.

So ask them how they are, if there having a good night like lipsy said.(BUT MOST OF ALL BE YOURSELF.)
  • Options
    Pre-prepared chat up lines do not work, unless you use them in an intentionally cheesy way. I just go with the flow. Try to learn about them, while not letting too much about myself away. That gets their interest, not to mention their imagination going. Their mind fills the blanks, happens with all of us. Plus you get to learn about their likes and dislikes, which can be very useful should you hook up again.
  • Options
    If they like you and they're interested in talking to you then the actual subject of conversation isn't really going to make that much difference, unless you start quizzing her about Star Trek trivia or ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theories or something.
  • Options
    Do you have mirror in your pants because I can see myself in them

Nice top ... it would look better on my bedroom floor
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    If they like you and they're interested in talking to you then the actual subject of conversation isn't really going to make that much difference, unless you start quizzing her about Star Trek trivia or ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theories or something.

If a chick isn't interested in 9/11 conspiracies, then she ain't the girl for me ;)
    But yeah, gotta agree, to a degree. Religion, politics, nerd trivia etc not good ways to start off
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    don't use any lines or try to be funny.

just say hello and ask her if shes having a good night. if she responds well to that then she is probably interested and you can just have a general chit chat about whats her name, what does she do blah blah and offer to buy her a drink.

So no trying to crack a joke?. drink wise, well where i go its ladies night like everynight so i normally get the girls i meet to buy me drinks (im a stingy bastad, yes i know hah). will just have to see how things go this friday, hopefully better than last week.
  • Options
    For me it's normally just "hi, how's it going?" or something simple like that. A smile and the right body lagnuage can go a lot further than a daft cheesy line, in my opinion!
  • Options
    so i normally get the girls i meet to buy me drinks (im a stingy bastad, yes i know hah). .

That is probably why you can't pull.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    :yes:

a drink sometimes = a snog.
    A snog sometimes = a drink too. I always wait til I get the former, before I give the latter. :D
  • Options
    A snog sometimes = a drink too. I always wait til I get the former, before I give the latter. :D

Is that to wash away the taste? :p
  • Options
    Not calling them birds would be a start... chat-up lines are corny and cheesy...
  • Options
    Is that to wash away the taste? :p
    Well, if I've been on the Stella all night, it's only fair. :D
  • Options
    Well, if I've been on the Stella all night, it's only fair. :D

Very true! I once pulled a girl when I was absolutely hammered, and she wasn't even drunk. I can't even remember that night, but she can so she keeps winding me up about it! Apparently it tasted a bit gross to start with, but she got used to it after a few minutes :lol:
  • Options
    For me it's normally just "hi, how's it going?" or something simple like that. A smile and the right body lagnuage can go a lot further than a daft cheesy line, in my opinion!
    :yes: x 10
  • Options
    :yes: x 10

JOS: Hi, how's it going?

Girl: Fine thanks.

Girl: I just told you.

Girl: What? Weirdo.

Girl: Go away!

Girl: Piss off!

Girl: I'm not interested!

Girl: Look, just leave me alone!

Girl: For God's sake you psycho!

Girl: Fuck off! Argh!

Girl: Help!!!!
  • Options
    good things come in small packages,
    im good, you are small

go figure
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    good things come in small packages,
    im good, you are small

go figure

:lol::lol::lol:

I use that phrase a lot, but never in that way before, normally it was just a get back at people calling my small/short/little....
  • Options
    Does anyone even use chat up lines?

I just say "well what's the craic, having a good night?" then it goes from there...after a bit of silly chat just ask her out and if she says no then tough luck.
  • Options
    i never really "ask someone out" for say being a gf, but id ask them out for a drink or coffee