Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Silly things that make you feel uncomfortable?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else have silly little demons/things that their partners do which are pretty small and insignificant but which make them feel a bit uncomfortable? My girlfriend is a serial hugger, and if we're together in town holding hands and she sees a lad she knows from school or something, she let go of my hand, swan off, leave me standing and throw her arms round them! It's nothing major and I know she is with me and not with them etc etc but I just don't like it. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable especially because she'll just let go of me and leave me standing in the high street mid-conversation! I raised the issue with her, told her in a nice way that it made me feel a bit uncomfortable, and got snapped at! Apparently she is just being true to herself and she couldn't possibly bring herself to modify her actions to make me feel more comfortable. Lovely!! What do you reckon?

Do any of you folks have silly little things which make you feel uncomfortable? Surely most of us have susceptibilities even if they're a bit petty and daft?

Comments

• Options
    I think its a bit rude of your girl to not even acknowledge that your feelings matter, to be perfectly honest. Sure she shouldn't not do something to protect your fragile ego, but she should care more about you than some lad from school.

Yeah, little things annoy all of us.
  • Options
    Yeah.... it's as much the fact she lets go of me and I'm left standing in the street like a twerp, just as much as it is the fact she's flinging herself all over someone else. I dunno :confused:
  • Options
    Nah, I know what you mean.

It pisses me off when I'm talking to the lass and I turn round to see she's dribbling all over the shoe shop window 50 yards away...
  • Options
    Not to do with relationships but ...

The one thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is when someone hols the door open for me for too long. If I am walking ages behind them and they open the door and it takes me a while to catch up to go through the door I mean.
  • Options
    Bare feet make me uncomfortable....
  • Options
    Yeah it sounds silly... But little things do. When I go places with a partner, if they're all over me it annoys me because they shouldn't have to feel that they need to show the world they like me.

Also, when people talk to much and do not listen to me or show no interest in who I am, which is silly as I hate talking about myself... But also, if I do try and say something I feel selfish, as if I'm using their time.
  • Options
    Not really to do with relationships lol.... but i get really uncomfortable if people play with my hair, and as its curly, people do... bah, really bugs me
  • Options
    And I forgot to add people smacking their lips when they eat.
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    Yeah.... it's as much the fact she lets go of me and I'm left standing in the street like a twerp, just as much as it is the fact she's flinging herself all over someone else. I dunno :confused:

I know girls over 20 who do this. I don't know if it's entirely innocent either or designed to piss off their boyfriends. Maybe a bit of both.

The boyfriend usually looks as moody as thunder though, i know that :lol:
  • Options
    I annoy myself quite a bit with silly little things that I do.

At the moment - people who don't wash their stuff up, and who borrow hundreds of pound off their flatmates without paying it back, and being pissed off when they won't lend anymore annoy me. Oh and people who are inconsiderately loud in the middle of the night when coming back from a night out and I'm trying to sleep too. Oh no wait, that's just Morgan. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    this is slightly off topic but i get really uncomfortable and disgusted when i feel someone's body fluids..be it saliva or otherwise. for instance, the last guy i kissed sorta moved towards my neck and the minute i felt his saliva on my neck i suddenly got really really uncomfortable....i have no idea why this is but it sucks cos i just wanna enjoy what's happening and i can't.
  • Options
    thing my wife did that drove me nuts was flick/click her fingernails
  • Options
    I can't stand it when my girlfriend has sex with other guys. I find it very disrespectful and somewhat hurtful too.
  • Options
    My girlfriends cell phonebook is endless. It's like the freaking abyss of names. And just my luck, they are almost ALL guys.

It also is annoying when people talk to her and are all nice because she's pretty. And she thinks everyone gets that treatment.
  • Options
    and shes still yoru gf?
  • Options
    And I forgot to add people smacking their lips when they eat.

Thats exactly what I hate. I dont know why as its such a small little thing but ARGH! Pisses me right off!! :impissed:

:blush:
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I can't stand it when my girlfriend has sex with other guys. I find it very disrespectful and somewhat hurtful too.

you're right it is.

so you finished with her, right?
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    for Gods sake, stop being so clingy!
  • Options
    Yeah it sounds silly... But little things do. When I go places with a partner, if they're all over me it annoys me because they shouldn't have to feel that they need to show the world they like me.

Well, I don't know if your partner has the same reason as me, but when I'm out with my girlfriend I like grabbing her ass/hugging her/putting my arm around her randomly. I don't do it to make sure people see, infact I often try to hide it... I just do it because I love touching her, she feels so perfect :D :P, I don't think she minds, but you've made me wonder now >.< lol
  • Options
    Saul wrote:
    Well, I don't know if your partner has the same reason as me, but when I'm out with my girlfriend I like grabbing her ass/hugging her/putting my arm around her randomly. I don't do it to make sure people see, infact I often try to hide it... I just do it because I love touching her, she feels so perfect :D :P, I don't think she minds, but you've made me wonder now >.< lol

I love it when my boyfriend does it when we're out... but yeah not so people see, its just nice to feel I guess.

Guess everyones different though.
  • Options
    this will make me sound mental but I *hate* it when lads are gushy. It just makes me wanna vom. I'm not a PDA fan either
  • Options
    i hate it when someone thinks, just because i like hugs as much as i do
    that i want to shag anyone female and sexy that i hug
    (of which members of thesite who have met me, will agree i like my hugs)
  • Options
    I'm also a great hugger, I love to hug people, and to be hugged. Maybe it annoys people, never thought much about it really!
  • Options

I truely hate when someone tugs or pulls me to get me into a couply-huggy position. *fist flying* kind of infuriation. DON'T PULL ME ABOUT FFS! I AM NOT A DOLL!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I truely hate when someone tugs or pulls me to get me into a couply-huggy position. *fist flying* kind of infuriation. DON'T PULL ME ABOUT FFS! I AM NOT A DOLL!
    Yeah or if they follow you like a dog at feeding time...

I mean god... I have friends I wanna see, I'm not looking elsewhere!
  • Options
    My gf talks too loud sometimes....

Shes a naturally loudy/bouncy/noisy type....we both are a bit. But i find sometimes when we're just talkin, on the bus, in a resturaunt, over a drink etc, that she talks really loud....bugs me a lil......then again, she watches the tv super loud too, so i might actually be making an issue out of a possible medical problem of my darling girlfriend here . lol. oopsy
  • Options
    the lil thing that ANOYS me bwt my bf is his x, he cant c wot shes rli like and shes always around she evn got a tattoo of his name on her arm AFTA they split up lol they were onli 2gether for a month, and she cant let the fact go that hes not wit her nemre!!! ARGH SILLY COW :banghead:
  • Options
    I wonder if the way you talk/type annoys him :chin:
  • Options
    i hate people looking over my shoulder when im reading/writing :impissed: no particular reason why!!

i also really dislike people chewing with their mouth open!! my sister does it all the time and its horrible. she knows i get annoyed by it so purposefully opens her mouth wide so i get to see all the mashed up junk in her mouth :sour: not nice
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    i hate people looking over my shoulder when im reading/writing :impissed: no particular reason why!!

I do this in mcdonalds to get the paper!