Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

1000 Posts!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Some people on the site were keen to denigrate me and attack me at any opportunity as my post count went up. My advice is to carry on posting, and to tell his critics to fuck off. That's what I've been doing for months.
    You weren't posting crap for the sole reason of getting to 1,000 though. That's the difference.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:
    You weren't posting crap for the sole reason of getting to 1,000 though. That's the difference.
    95% of the time, people who make criticisms like this of other board members are usually deluded fools who have nothing better to do with their time. Criticisms like "oh, you're posting crap" are subjective and not worth listening to.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:

exactly, I don't see what the big deal is on how many posts people have made, who cares?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    OMG. Well, you did make lots of threads! :D Congrats anyway you crazy thing.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    OMG. Well, you did make lots of threads! :D Congrats anyway you crazy thing.

yeah some stupid threads
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    yeah some stupid threads

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And no, I'm not a deluded fool.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    yeah some stupid threads

I agree that a lot of his stuff has been pointless, but don't keep going on about it...if people want to feel they've achieved something amazing by posting 1,000 times on an internet message board, then let them. If it makes him happy, then let him be happy. ;)
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

And no, I'm not a deluded fool.

thank you, thank you very much.

I am also not a deluded fool and I have better things to do than post a load of rubbish in order to get my post count high!

I come on here to give/ask advice and participate in discussions etc.
  • Options
    at least stargalaxy makes threads that actually have some interest to them

i mean a lot of people get annoyed with SG's threads in P&D, but at least the invigourate debate
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    yeah some stupid threads
    I can't see the problem, don't like 'em don't look at 'em. I'm not racing, I don't care how many posts I have. If I was so desperate to get 1000 post I could have done it a lot quicker. I don't live for this website, If it went down tomorrow and never came back I would'nt give a monkeys. You won't stop me posting what I wan't. I have never made an offencive post on this site and I don't intend to either. I never swear on here or have a go at anyone. So to all the killjoys just give it a rest.

To everyone who likes Me threads your all all right :thumb:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    at least stargalaxy makes threads that actually have some interest to them. i mean a lot of people get annoyed with SG's threads in P&D, but at least they invigourate debate
    In Politics & Debate, I do tend to write my opinion in such a way that it encourages people to respond. I use a very provocative style of writing, which is often compared to a newspaper editorial. This may be somewhat sensationalist, but it does get people talking.

Many disagree with my views there, and what I do is ensure I write about politics in such a way that people think "hey, he's right" or "this guy's completely wrong, I'm gonna set him straight". I can't stand seeing P&D threads where everybody agrees with one another. That's not debate, it's just monotonous.

I also don't like it when I see board members ganging up on individuals. It not only breaks the spirit and the rules of this forum, but it makes the people who are bullying others look downright pathetic.
    I can't see the problem, don't like 'em don't look at 'em. I'm not racing, I don't care how many posts I have. If I was so desperate to get 1000 post I could have done it a lot quicker.
    This is a good attitude to have. There are some individuals on this site who have tried to force me out with endless bullying. Do not give in. Your threads aren't the best ever, but they are very far from being the worst.
  • Options
    totally agree with everything you say there SG, but i dont see how anyone cant detract from the truth, that over the past few days, jarvey has posted repeated new threads about totally pointless things, which is starting to get the masses riled and annoyed
  • Options
    I can't see the problem, don't like 'em don't look at 'em. I'm not racing, I don't care how many posts I have. If I was so desperate to get 1000 post I could have done it a lot quicker. I don't live for this website, If it went down tomorrow and never came back I would give a monkeys. You won't stop me posting what I wan't. I have never made an offencive post on this site and I don't intend to either. I never swear on here or have a go at anyone. So to all the killjoys just give it a rest.

problem is people dont know what the threads are unless they do look at them
  • Options
    I agree that a lot of his stuff has been pointless, but don't keep going on about it...if people want to feel they've achieved something amazing by posting 1,000 times on an internet message board, then let them. If it makes him happy, then let him be happy. ;)
    In all honesty if someone took the post counts away I would'nt mind in fact it would make a change. :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    It'll say Jarvey Of Suburbia underneath and theres allways the back button.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    totally agree with everything you say there SG, but i dont see how anyone cant detract from the truth, that over the past few days, jarvey has posted repeated new threads about totally pointless things, which is starting to get the masses riled and annoyed
    Just chill out go to your happy place and enjoy a Jarvey free weekend. :D
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    Everybody annoys the masses on the site every now and then. For example, I could easily criticise the threads Rainbow Brite and Nihilistic Madman have done about David Hasselhoff, and I have done. My criticism infuriated some members, one of whom I even had to refer to the moderators.

It's practically a fact on this site that you're going to annoy someone. Twisted_Trinity, Lucifer Devil, 1983 and several others have said in public they don't like me and they find me incredibly annoying. But do I care? Nope. The best thing to do is keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
    MrG wrote:
    With all due respect, this isn't always a bad thing. If a thread has a 'conspicious' or 'ambigious' title, it increases the likelihood of people looking at it. The whole point of making a thread is that you want people to read it, and this is one very useful tactic for making sure they do.
  • Options
    I can't see the problem, don't like 'em don't look at 'em. I'm not racing, I don't care how many posts I have. If I was so desperate to get 1000 post I could have done it a lot quicker. I don't live for this website, If it went down tomorrow and never came back I would give a monkeys. You won't stop me posting what I wan't. I have never made an offencive post on this site and I don't intend to either. I never swear on here or have a go at anyone. So to all the killjoys just give it a rest.

I don't tend to read your threads because I just look at the title and notice that they are on a stupid topic so I don't both reading them.

You obviously do care how posts you have otherwise you wouldn't have made a thread when you reached 1000.

I know you don't make offensive posts here but I am just saying that some of the threads that you do make are pointless and normally when people do this is becuase they want to raise their post count.

Sorry just expressing my opinion.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The best thing to do is keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

No offense meant, but I find it a bit over-the-top when people think that seriously about others on here as to refer to them as enemies...

...friction like this is one reason why I used to hate forums. To be honest, if it was up to me I'd probably ban the daft topics and use the site only for advice and help, but that's just me. It would be easier that way. People get far too personal, when there's really no need for it.
  • Options
    ...friction like this is one reason why I used to hate forums. To be honest, if it was up to me I'd probably ban the daft topics and use the site only for advice and help, but that's just me. It would be easier that way. People get far too personal, when there's really no need for it.
    Banning people from talking about the topics they wanted to talk about would go against what TheSite.org believes in. I refer to TheSite's page about what they believe;

"TheSite.org will continue to be an inclusive social environment enabling all young people to express themselves and address the issues that concern them."

To prevent people from talking about different topics like that would mean closing off much of the forum, and meaning a much more limited scope for people to discuss topics. One thing I have learnt about the moderators on this site is they believe very strongly in this code, I have no doubt about that.

I agree that things do get extremely personal from time to time however, and there is no need for it. Those who come onto this forum and deliberately insult others for no reason whatsoever should be dealt with much more harshly than they are now.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I don't tend to read your threads because I just look at the title and notice that they are on a stupid topic so I don't both reading them.

You obviously do care how posts you have otherwise you wouldn't have made a thread when you reached 1000.

I know you don't make offensive posts here but I am just saying that some of the threads that you do make are pointless and normally when people do this is becuase they want to raise their post count.

Sorry just expressing my opinion.
    Well I just happened to look at My profile and it said 999 so I thought why not!!
  • Options
    No offense meant, but I find it a bit over-the-top when people think that seriously about others on here as to refer to them as enemies...

To be honest I don't really feel the friction, it means nothing to Me.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Banning people from talking about the topics they wanted to talk about would go against what TheSite.org believes in. I refer to TheSite's page about what they believe;

"TheSite.org will continue to be an inclusive social environment enabling all young people to express themselves and address the issues that concern them."

To prevent people from talking about different topics like that would mean closing off much of the forum, and meaning a much more limited scope for people to discuss topics. One thing I have learnt about the moderators on this site is they believe very strongly in this code, I have no doubt about that.

I agree that things do get extremely personal from time to time however, and there is no need for it. Those who come onto this forum and deliberately insult others for no reason whatsoever should be dealt with much more harshly than they are now.

And who comes on here just to insult people?
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    And who comes on here just to insult people?
    It wouldn't be appropriate to name anyone on this thread.
  • Options
    Well I just happened to look at My profile and it said 999 so I thought why not!!

Well I just think its pointless. What normal person on here cares how many posts a person has got?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It wouldn't be appropriate to name anyone on this thread.

Well if you are suggesting me then you are mistaken as I have better things to than to make a point of coming on here to insult people. I don't mean to insult anyone I am just expressing a point.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well if you are suggesting me then you are mistaken as I have better things to than to make a point of coming on here to insult people. I don't mean to insult anyone I am just expressing a point.
    As I said, it would be inappropriate to name people in such a way.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well I just think its pointless. What normal person on here cares how many posts a person has got?
    Your posting on this thread now you know?

Lets stop talking about it now eh??
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    As I said, it would be inappropriate to name people in such a way.

My night is not dull I am just saying.
  • Options
    Your posting on this thread now you know?

Lets stop talking about it now eh??

Never? God I would never have guessed that I was posting on this thread, thanks for telling me.
This discussion has been closed.