Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how long before 'offensive' art is banned

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    How else do you propose we remove the Government? Wouldn't it be better if we had a REAL choice, if Democracy actually meant something? But it doesn't. And something needs to be done... before it is too late.

History is FULL of people ignoring things until they are too late. Let's not do it again, eh?
    money rules the earth and like never before.
    how you going to fight something you feed off ...worship.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    how you going to fight something you feed off ...worship.

By replacing it with something else?
    By realising we don't in any way "need" it... but sadly, most people are dumbed down so much they are almost drones now.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    By replacing it with something else?
    By realising we don't in any way "need" it... but sadly, most people are dumbed down so much they are almost drones now.
    have you convinced yourself yet ...that you don't need it?
    how do you fight it?
  • Options
    have you convinced yourself yet ...that you don't need it?
    how do you fight it?

How do we fight it? Presumably, we overthrow those running it, and install a different system.
  • Options
    See this is all "big idea" solutions.

If I just sorted out all the world's problems, then I could have 5 minutes to myself. And you wonder why you can't motivate people or yourself!

I think the solution lies in the opposite direction, if there is one at all. It's a bit like environmentalism, the solution isn't to come up with some mahoosive doomsday device to save the planet, it's to do little bits and bats every day, by a majority of "concerend citizens."

And to not do things, of course.

Some of the things not to do i say first because everyone likes a negative here on this board it seems.

Don't ask for the government to do anything for you if you can possibly help it. Any benefit you ask for will be outweighed by the cost to others and eventually yourself. No more "someone should do something" type thoughts. If you are really arsed, get up off it and DO something. You have more power than you think.

Don't think some big friendly uncle is going to come along and sort it all out. The real world doesn't work that way. Ever. Uncle's need feeding, and a lift to the bookies, and somewhere to sleep and a fiver til tuesday for a hamburger today.......so on.

Do as little as possible to feed the beast. It runs on consumption of your energy, your emotion and efforts. This means that all that effort poured into trying to defy it just proves it's there and needs fixing.

I could go on all night. Best not though I am kinda wasting my time ;)

Things to do then.

Spend less than you earn. This has the nice by product of making you richer, which is always good.

Having money in the bank means being able to tell people to fuck off when you don't like what they are trying to make you do, if you really object. More people do things they know to be wrong because of the mortgage than for any other reason I can think of.

Take time off. Be good to yourself. Despite what they tried to have you believe in school, you deserve it. Being good to yourself means you feel like being good to others too.

Realise that MOST of those "in power" are more suffering from an illness, a serious mental illness, than are evil. Everything they do is for the best of intentions. They have lies in their heads and they are more or less prisoners of them. GWB and others like him, while being a complete and utter fucknut and as dangerous as hell, probably sincerely believes in the shit he shovels. Certainly those who follow him with fervour do.

Ask questions. Not big questions, but little ones. "Do I need to sign this" is a good one. When and where are great ones. Who, yep that's a corker too.

In short, build freedom for yourself, which you will enjoy, and then show others you know and like how to do it too.

What if you provided better services and goods at a cheaper price than the state run enterprises? :cool:
  • Options
    Klint... what the holy fuck?!

Edit: Arg I hit post to early. Anywy, this isn't do-able if we are to survive in this world. The people in power, are often only concerned with gaining more. I don't doubt Blair is really good intentioned, but Dubya isn't. Sadly.

Thing is... I could try to exist self sufficiently... but they would get me, and stop me. They do... they demolished communes with Bulldozers, ffs.

I would do something, but one man is not a solution. A group of men, working together, is.
  • Options

:lol:

You asked for a solution you could use mate. I just thought of one. *shrug*
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Edit: Arg I hit post to early. Anywy, this isn't do-able if we are to survive in this world. The people in power, are often only concerned with gaining more. I don't doubt Blair is really good intentioned, but Dubya isn't. Sadly.

Thing is... I could try to exist self sufficiently... but they would get me, and stop me. They do... they demolished communes with Bulldozers, ffs.

I would do something, but one man is not a solution. A group of men, working together, is.
    i love klints way of thinking ...often.
    but ...the idea that we all behave in typical middle class fashion to bring the system down is laughable! :lol:
  • Options

They are both irrelevent.

They don't actually do anything. It's the people in the small offices up and down the land who actually make stuff happen. It's the bored policeman/tax inspector/civil servant with no real desire for the job but kids to feed who need targetting if you want to change anything properly.

Why the hell would you want self sufficiency? People work best through mutual and voluntary trade. You can work for one of those multinational hoovers called corporations, but see it for what it is and act accordingly.

Nah bollocks. look, go out and go make three people smile you never met before and then come back and say you can't make even a small difference on your tod. Course you can. People are just conditioned to group solutions and group mentality (that'd be school again!).
  • Options
    I want self sufficieny so I dont contribute to the system. Hence why communes were a good idea.

What you need to ask, is why those people have no passion for the job?

I can make a small difference on my own. To do something like change the way the country is run, I need others.
  • Options
    but ...the idea that we all behave in typical middle class fashion to bring the system down is laughable! :lol:

Who said anything about bringing the system down? Just stop feeding the fucker and it'll drop off, same as all parasites.

Oh no mate. I am talking black market, favours for favours, cash on the hip and hiding as much as possible from those interfering bastards in "government". Sounds more council estate than suburbia to me. ;)

In fact, as you know yourself, it's the people at the top and the people at the bottom who most often behave this way. Weird, innit?

It's kinda scary that the people who most often get my point of view are ime ex or current crims. ;)
  • Options
    See... even crime feeds the system.

I suggest we live entirley outside it, until we have the strength to destroy it.
  • Options
    fine words do not change the facts......just because there is no imediate threat to your way of life,it is deemed "bollocks"....when it happens ,thats when you rely on the "do" ers to save your sorry ass!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    fine words do not change the facts......just because there is no imediate threat to your way of life,it is deemed "bollocks"....when it happens ,thats when you rely on the "do" ers to save your sorry ass!

You made me think of Sheriff John Bunnell. "These Sorry Ass punk waited too late...and someone else had to save them!"
  • Options
    QUOTE=Teh_Gerbil]You made me think of Sheriff John Bunnell. "These Sorry Ass punk waited too late...and someone else had to save them!"[/QUOTE]
    :yes:
  • Options
    i've just read about morrisey of the smiths being interviewed by british and american inteligence services cos he has been speaking out against bush and the war in iraq.
    scary.
    I'm surprised they stayed awake long enough to hear the answers to their questions - he drones on endlessly.
  • Options
    I don't think that anybody who lobbies against 'offensive' art, music or literature has any place saying that they support human rights or that they're liberal. Freedom of speech has brought us so much and yet we seek to take it away when it's not in our favour.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    I'm surprised they stayed awake long enough to hear the answers to their questions - he drones on endlessly.
    i guess it didn't take long to realise the only threat he poses is to art.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You made me think of Sheriff John Bunnell. "These Sorry Ass punk waited too late...and someone else had to save them!"
    Sheriff John Bunnell (rtd)

menutitle.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think that anybody who lobbies against 'offensive' art, music or literature has any place saying that they support human rights or that they're liberal. Freedom of speech has brought us so much and yet we seek to take it away when it's not in our favour.

i swear someone posted this classic thing which says

'offensive art will disappear at the moment people stop being offended by things all the time'

not all for violent action unless they take violent action :p personally round my area they have loads of 'Free Nelson M.' stuff graffitied, i think someone should update it to say 'Free camp xray'
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Sheriff John Bunnell (rtd)

menutitle.jpg

He's the man! Sheriff for three whole months!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    He's the man! Sheriff for three whole months!
    you see,he'd sort the shit out!!.....he'd go n kik ass!.....in between filming police chases.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    you see,he'd sort the shit out!!.....he'd go n kik ass!.....in between filming police chases.
    I bet he'd kick Osama's arse! Don't send the Army, send the Bunnell!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I bet he'd kick Osama's arse! Don't send the Army, send the Bunnell!
    dam rite!..especially if he was seen driving above the speed limit on the interstate highway......"osama thought he could outsmart the law!..he was wrong!"...(end credits) :D
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    dam rite!..especially if he was seen driving above the speed limit on the interstate highway......"osama thought he could outsmart the law!..he was wrong!"...(end credits) :D

"Officers though Osama was DUI... but he was trying to drive, with a bomb strapped to him! THey only thing he'll be blowing for a while is some cock in the state pen!"

I want it to happen now.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    "Officers though Osama was DUI... but he was trying to drive, with a bomb strapped to him! THey only thing he'll be blowing for a while is some cock in the state pen!"

I want it to happen now.
    :lol: ......propper!
  • Options
    I want more offensive art like Throbbing Gristle/COUM Transmissions at the ICA in 1976, where questions were asked in Parliament and they were described as "wreckers of civilization".