Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dream Car

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    capri_comp.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mist wrote:
    capri_comp.jpg
    :thumb: Effin straight! Me dad used to have one, I am deffo getting one. :D Capri's rock.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    205GTi - the most fun you'll ever have driving.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Motorbikes are better...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Motorbikes are better...
    :thumb: Especially if it is this:
    rocket3_nera1.jpg
  • Options
    my car yumm
  • Options
    My dream car would be something like an electic smart, except you could swap out the backend for an estate with fuel cell.

Yes, not an Audi A2. Take my gay card away
  • Options
    When I was younger, I always wanted a wrangler. I have no idea why. I dont really like them, I've just always wanted one. Fast expensive sporty cars dont impress me in the slightest and I'd never drive one.

I guess my dream car is a cute little Toyota Corola.

Or a Caddy Escalade for the pure fact that I can say, Jesus Christ, go get the Escalade. And it will be my car Jesus is getting.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When I was younger, I always wanted a wrangler. I have no idea why. I dont really like them, I've just always wanted one. Fast expensive sporty cars dont impress me in the slightest and I'd never drive one.

Defender > Wrangler x1000. Just in case you yanks don't have them.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    No car has more class than this

Have they changed the definition of class in the dictionary then?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=class
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rust

Obviously not! ;)
  • Options
    Have they changed the definition of class in the dictionary then?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=class
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rust

Obviously not! ;)
    Cheeky beggar. Take it back!
  • Options
    The rust like no other! My Dad had an XJ40 a few years ago(quite a few, come to think of it). They stood the test of time much better than the XJS - lovely cars though, just not very good at fending off the inevitable :).
  • Options
    I'll remember to get mine rust-proofed. ;)
  • Options
    Bugatti Veyron. Although if i got one of those, i'd probably end up paying for my funeral in advance to save my family from doing it :p

More realistically, the car i want to get in the next few years is a 206 GTI - Yes please, or a Ford Focus RS.

And those of you who said motorbikes are better - I'd love to see you say that when the roads are a bit icy and you have to get the bus :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    And those of you who said motorbikes are better - I'd love to see you say that when the roads are a bit icy and you have to get the bus :p

Fair point. Cars are more safe, but bikes are better...
  • Options
    McLaren F1 without a doubt..... considering that costs more than my house tho... lol a enzo or DB9
  • Options
    I like my Alfa's but that's because I've had a couple. My dream Alfa would be the Zagato.
    alfa-romeo_rz_yello.jpg

I'm planning on buying myself a Delta as soon as I've got the vonga.

607113.jpg
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I love that one <3

fiat500.jpg
  • Options
    That bottom one looks like its made of lego.
  • Options
    I want that as well for weekends...

Batmobile.jpg
  • Options
    That bottom one looks like its made of lego.

Don't knock the Delta.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Don't knock the Delta.
    'cos if you do, it falls apart and you have to press all the bricks together again.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    'cos if you do, it falls apart and you have to press all the bricks together again.

It's a superb car, I'll have one by the end of the year. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    My dad had one of those..

did he like it? :)
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    More realistically, the car i want to get in the next few years is a 206 GTI - Yes please, or a Ford Focus RS.

206GTi is horrible. The 180 has little extra power to give(which tends to mean engien internals are near the limit from the factory, so expect long-term reliability issues), they are overweight, and dare I say it - boring. Find a straight 205GTi and you'll realise just what a disappointment the 6 is.

Focus RS is rapid, but disappointing, IMO. If I was going for something modern, I'd get another classic Scooby. Though I'd rather sink £15k into a Lotus Carlton than anything modern...

Some of us have the balls to use them all year round! Ice doesn't scare me ;). So long as you have decent gear, you'll be warm, waterproof, and skipping traffic like there is no tomorrow!

Freezing fog isn't good though. Not are the stupid wankers in cars who insist on using front fogs when it isn't foggy. In the rain the extra lighting dazzles me - I can't wait to plough my bike head-on into one of them ;).
  • Options
    Some of us have the balls to use them all year round! Ice doesn't scare me ;). So long as you have decent gear, you'll be warm, waterproof, and skipping traffic like there is no tomorrow!

Freezing fog isn't good though. Not are the stupid wankers in cars who insist on using front fogs when it isn't foggy. In the rain the extra lighting dazzles me - I can't wait to plough my bike head-on into one of them ;).

Dittoed. Cars are dangerous though, and I'm careful about riding in ice because the 'barrier' you need up around you in case of cars (the amount of times in one day cars *almost* pull out in front of me and kill me is ridiculous) is a lot greater. If I'm riding at 30 and a car pulls out from the left without looking (turning right) and I try to e. stop then I've got no chance.

So I avoid riding when its icy if I can. I think by listening to a lot of motorcyclists, they have a good insight into how to adapt their riding to the weather. Some drivers / riders are guilty of ignoring it, and I've seen cars more than once lock their brakes on an icy road and just slide and slide and slide.

But yea, bikes aren't really the best vehicle for icy conditions, but compare that to the in town performance on 99% of days vs. the car (i.e. the car is stuck in traffic for 20 minutes, the bike is already there) and I'll leave you to make your own judgements. Every time you get annoyed when you're stuck in traffics, theres a motorcyclist filtering through who's thinking 'haha! I am a riding god!' :razz: (well, that is until the BMW changes lane without looking and squishes him :()
  • Options
    did he like it? :)

It was pretty reliable apparently. He's gone back to using his real 'old skool' honda that he's had for about 20 years now.. :p
  • Options
    The Delta is ace. Lovely car!
    I want a V8 Capri ... there be some nice ones on that site!
  • Options
    a pize to anyone that can tell me the name of this car
    car.jpg 35.5K