Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crossing the Road

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Obviously when you reach that age you don't give a shit if you die or not. They're fucking sucidal crossing, I swear! Number of times I've seen one just go right into traffic... nuts. They never get hit though!

I meant the opposite :p

The old codgers up here obey the lights like divine law and glare disapprovingly when you dart across...don't know if that's a Stirling-specific thing, i'll have to check what old cunts in Glasgow do next time i'm through.

It's probably just to be awkward and do the opposite of modern youth, or maybe they think they're too slow.
  • Options
    I nearly got run over by a car which went through a red light on Christmas Eve.

I cross when it's safe, regardless of the colour of the light.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    But if it is red for cars and you do end up getting hit by a car you can sue them and get a lot more money than if it were the other way around.

Not really. The sort of person who's likely to go through a red light and cause you injury isn't the sort of person who's likely to stop afterwards and write down his insurance details as you're on the way to the hospital.

So basically, look and judge, but don't base your opinion on light colour above all else.
  • Options
    i just jog across where theres a gap..

i hate big junctions with lots of traffic lights, espically when you're fucked :(

i still press the button sometimes when im walking past too heh
  • Options
    i got cautioned in the states for J-walkin. woops.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Randomgirl wrote:
    :yes: This is really good as small children can't judge it.
    Speak for yourself! I could judge it perfectly well when I was 5, and I proved it to my dad. Scared him shitless though... :blush:

Now, I usually wait for green anyway, unless I'm in a hurry. A few months ago, I watched a video of some pedestrians trying to cross where the street looked safe, but a bus came unexpectedly and killed two of them.
  • Options
    I hate the car safety adverts.

The one with the teens mucking about and then one gets hit by a car and the one where the little boy is speaking 'hit me at 30mph etc'. Ahhh golly. But they have to be shown for a reason I guess.