Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this a good spec PC for the money?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They are fairly small compared to the rest of the spec. I'm using 2x250gb and that's running out soon :(
  • Options
    They are fairly small compared to the rest of the spec. I'm using 2x250gb and that's running out soon :(

It depends on everyones particular needs. I have one 80gb hdd and its about 70% full. I have 1.1 gb of photos, 3.5gb of films, 10gb of .iso images etc. (should clean them up but I'm lazy), 10gb of games, and the rest is cluttered into windows and programs I've got installed.

I am just oblivious to how people need so much space. Mind you, I dont listen to any music.

I was looking for my next PC at getting 2 raptor 10,000rpm 80gb hdds to set up in raid :) super duper fast
  • Options
    3.5gb of Film, each film I have is 4.45gb in size!!!!
  • Options
    I burn all my DVD films that I have ripped straight onto DVD-Rs now. Still, I have 32.2gb of software, 109gb of DivX movies and 36gb of music. And I try and backup my documents onto the other HDD every so often, just in case. So I need the space :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I burn all my films/shows etc to DVD too now.

I have 7.91 GB of music ffs. And I have used 77.7 GB on my slave 200 GB drive now. Oops. :D

On another note: Star Wars: Empire At War is FUN!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

On another note: Star Wars: Empire At War is FUN!

I just got that. I was playing as the Empire. Only got to mission 2 before I had to reinstall everything. Was a bit miffed at the moment when the rebel scum nicked one of my planets with a whole load of x wings, but I got it back after a few days.

I don't really understand what is happening though, i just click buttons.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I just got that. I was playing as the Empire. Only got to mission 2 before I had to reinstall everything. Was a bit miffed at the moment when the rebel scum nicked one of my planets with a whole load of x wings, but I got it back after a few days.

I don't really understand what is happening though, i just click buttons.

Aww. I restarted the campaign once, when I cocked it up. Oops.

I found a fun bug mind. Whilst trying to kill Moff's ship... it promptly disapeered from existance, taking the whole rebel fleet with it. Whom I must kill to win the mission. He couldn't hyperspace... I was preventing that. The game just did a bad error, and he and the rebels disapeered. Oddness. Annoying too.

X wings are suck, and easy to kill once you get a few Tartan cruisers... the bitches are Pirates.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its here and installing Windows now. Its kicking out some seriously cooool air from the millions of air slots, shame its taking so goddamn long to format and partition the two drives :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Its here and installing Windows now. Its kicking out some seriously cooool air from the millions of air slots, shame its taking so goddamn long to format and partition the two drives :(

After it's done first time, it gets better! Good to hear it's putting out cool air. Thats always a good sign.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    All going cool now, just tinkering to get things how I like it. Had a bit of a pain in the arse with some drivers but sorted that too :D