Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favorite side of the bed?

Have you got one? If yes, why that side?

If I am sleeping alone, I don't care, more likely to sleep in the middle of it or whatever side my dog let me have.

But otherwise I always sleep on the side that is exposed to the room or the closest to the door

Why, well just in case something go wrong at night I can do something faster or well that's what i like to believe hoping i would be able to do something.

Also if the bed is against the wall having the open side allow me to have easily my stash, ashtray and stuff close by.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i prefer the same side as you unfortunatly, but have given it up, graciously.
  • Options
    Which ever side allows the easiest way to escape the girlfriend's death grip. Cuddling is fine but strangulation is a no no!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    ugh NMM you don't smoke in bed do you? how horrid... :p

Yes I do... Horrid I know...
  • Options
    Right side of the bed, if i'm on my own or with someone. but if i'm no my own i end up sleeping in the middle during the night.
  • Options
    ugh NMM you don't smoke in bed do you? how horrid... :p

poor rainbow brite, how do you put up with that?
    he even smokes in the bath!

never in front of the kiddie though.
  • Options
    I always chop and change, I don't know why but i must get bored easily.

If i've been out drinking or feel sick or something it's always the side near the door :thumb:
  • Options
    I always sleep with my back to the wall, don't know why! At home in my double bed I always end up sleeping in the middle, with my head inbetween the pillows but at uni the bed it tiny, so it's pretty much all middle!
  • Options
    I prefer the side that is far from the door and nearest to the window! Fortunately ... I'm the one who chooses sides first!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    if im on my own i sort or go diagonally through both sides...in fact it doesnt matter if im on my own, i still sleep in the middle, and the poor sod has to work around me! oh and i have a tendancy to cocoon myself in the quilt and therefore make them freeze!! but i do agree with NMM and i have to be near the door, no blocking me in!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i still sleep in the middle, and the poor sod has to work around me! oh and i have a tendancy to cocoon myself in the quilt and therefore make them freeze!!
    LOL you and everyother women in the world. :lol:
  • Options
    When I'm on my own at uni the bed is so small there is no right or left just a bed, when i return home i'm moving into a larger bed room so I will be able to have a double bed so I'll just have to wait and see. But at my boyfriends I sleep on the left.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kelly wrote:
    I prefer the side that is far from the door and nearest to the window! Fortunately ... I'm the one who chooses sides first!
    So you can jump out and escape if you need to? :p
  • Options
    in my double bed i sleep on the right handside. but with other double beds it depends which way the bed is n stuff.
  • Options
    for some reason i like being close to the wall..
  • Options
    Any side but I can't face the wall otherwise I'll start to hallucinate very badly.
  • Options
    In a double bed with someone else I'd sleep on the left, though if I'm alone I take up as much space as humanly possible.

If it's a bed that's next to a wall I hate being on the inside, too confined.
  • Options
    If i sleep in a double with someone else, the right for some reason. If i'm in my own single bed then theres hardly much choice but the middle :p Seem to face the wall most of the time though.
  • Options
    I usually sleep on the left, but my Hubby decided a change and moved all my stuff over to the right, getting on fine so far... apart from the fact he keeps nicking all the Duvet... :mad:
  • Options
    I prefer the side closest to the wall. My boyfriend's bed doesn't have a wall side, which drives me nuts, so I sleep on the right-hand side. I would probably have preferred the left, but it's his bed, so I can't really complain!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

If it's a bed that's next to a wall I hate being on the inside, too confined.

same here but only when i'm sharing with someone.

but then if i go on the outside i usually end up on the floor!!
  • Options
    I know what you mean. My double bed at home is against the wall on one side, and I hated being on the wall side when sharing with someone because I felt so trapped! Also I get up a lot in the night and I hated climbing over :blush:
  • Options
    Whichever side is closest to the TV. I thought that would be obvious.
  • Options
    Either closest to the door or away from a wall. I like feeling like i have breathing space either side of me. Hate sleeping against the wall.
  • Options
    Id heardthat whan a couple start sleeping together (in the same bed) the man will usually sleep on the side nearest the door, to offer protection, this is done subconciously. However when the couple move house to a different bed with the door the other side they will continue the previous sleeping arangments.

Is this true I suspect theres some truth in it.
  • Options
    Id heardthat whan a couple start sleeping together (in the same bed) the man will usually sleep on the side nearest the door, to offer protection, this is done subconciously. However when the couple move house to a different bed with the door the other side they will continue the previous sleeping arangments.

Yeah I think there is some true in that.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I sleep on the left hand side. I hate beds that are hard up against a wall though :(

Thank fully, ours isn't :)
  • Options
    I sleep on the right hand side of the double bed, facing away from the wall in a foetul (sp) position, hogging all of the covers.
  • Options

I would imagine that there's some psycological truth in there. Although to be fair whenever i've had a partner i've ended up sleeping near the door. Looking back and judging the blokes i've dated i probably would have more chance of defending us :chin: I think it comes from being single for so long and also from times when mum and i have been on our own and we've had trouble.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I prefer sleeping on my right side for some reason or whatever way it is so I'm facing the wall. Makes it feel more secure I suspect, like I'm with someone because I can feel my energy bouncing back at me.
    I know what you mean - it defintiely feels different facing the wall, although i dont think i sleep facing same direction every night, usually i face the wall.