Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kidulthood - win preview tickets/soundtrack!

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hi all,

Here’s an opportunity not to be missed…

We’ve got two tickets up for grabs for a preview screening of Kidulthood which comes out on 3 March. The preview screening will take place at 6pm next Wednesday 22 February at The Hospital, Endell St, Covent garden. The first two people who reply to this post, would definitely like to go and know without a doubt they can get there will win the tickets.

Here’s a brief synopsis of the film:
For 15-year-old Trife, a boy from West London, life is a day-to-day struggle. Trapped between the worlds of his school friends, the girl he loves, and the draw of his powerful and dangerous uncle, Trife must choose between the path he knows is right and a life of guns, drugs and violence that he has come to know only too well.

For more information visit www.kidulthood.co.uk

We've also got five copies of the Kidulthood soundtrack up for grabs which includes; The Streets, Dizzee Rascal, Roots Manuva and Audio Bullys to name a few. If you're interested in winning a copy then please reply to this post with your name and the word 'soundtrack' and we will enter you into a prize draw and pick the winners at the end of the day on Monday.

Good luck :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Helen** wrote:
    Here’s a brief synopsis of the film:
    For 15-year-old Trife, a boy from West London, life is a day-to-day struggle. Trapped between the worlds of his school friends, the girl he loves, and the draw of his powerful and dangerous uncle, Trife must choose between the path he knows is right and a life of guns, drugs and violence that he has come to know only too well.

That storyline has so been done to death!
    Wouldnt stop me going if i lived closer though :p
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    Just to let you know there is an interesting article about this film in The Independent today Lookit with our very own Spanner (aka Hannah Jolliffe) quoted :yippe: .

Do post if you would like to go to see Wednesday - remember first two people to get back to me win the tickets. Also we still have five copies of the soundtrack waiting to be snapped up :)

EDIT: accidentally put Tues instead of Wed!
  • Options
  • Options
    Maria
    Soundtrack.

I'd like to go, but I have work on Wednesday and wouldnt get there in time :grump:
  • Options
    Kat
    Soundtrack.

Would love to go too, but it's too far away for me.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I like to win things :p

Lorna
    Soundtrack.

Is that right :thumb: Although i would have to ask the boyfriend if we can get there and stuff, so maybe it would be best if someone else won, ha.

Cool - well just let me know by tomorrow if you and the boyf can make it and I'll put you in the draw to win the soundtrack too. :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've bought the Indpendant too, time to flick through it.
  • Options
    Carolynn
    Soundtrack.

I could probably get to the preview but it's too much effort tbh.. :p
  • Options
    Felix Da Housecat: Soudtrack
  • Options
    Can't go i'm afraid :( Boyfriends got to go in to college cause he's got an exam that he can't miss and stuff.
  • Options
    Ohhh I want to go.

I can definatley get there and can bring a friend.
  • Options
    Hey Wyetry - the tickets are yours. I will PM you tomorrow :thumb:
  • Options
    Woot: Beans, Moonarcanum, Kat, Cazzoo and Felix Da housecat - you win the soundtrack - congrats :yippe:
  • Options
    Ohh yeah :thumb:
  • Options
    :yippe:
  • Options
    Woooooooo!
  • Options
    oh damn, i didnt read this properly and didnt realise there was a soundtrack up for grabs... :grump:
  • Options
    Ohh how exciting.
  • Options
    That's the easiest comp ever. I'd have entered but I like RAWK!! :D
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Woot: Beans, Moonarcanum, Kat, Cazzoo and Felix Da housecat - you win the soundtrack - congrats :yippe:

wicked cheers mate!!!!

this film looks pretty good.
  • Options
    ooh thanks!! i like winning things!
  • Options
    Helllllo,

Just too sat Thank you to the site for the preview tickets the film was good and I had a lovely evening.

I did feel a bit of a fraud though when they said oh your the youth net winner (due to not being that youthfull). But it was great.
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed it! :D You're not very old though are you?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to have to ruin the fun here, but I don't agree with you. I've just read the articles in the Independent and now looking at ones in the Murdoch press about this. This film sounds abominable. If it really is as bad as they say, then for TheSite.org to be promoting it is a disgrace. I will reserve further comment until I've seen the film next month, but I'm surprised TheSite wants to associate itself with something that is so controversial, to say the least.
  • Options
    Sg have you seen the film??

What's that? no...?

then please and i really dont want this to sound like I am slagigng you off but Shut Up!
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    Sg have you seen the film?? Whats that no? then please and i really dont wnat this to sound like I am slagigng you off but Shut Up!
    Read what I said, please. I'm just surprised TheSite wants to associate itself with something so controversial.
  • Options
    Er hello - when has TheSite.org ever shyed away from being controversial? We don't get slated by the Daily Mail for being all sugar and spice :p
  • Options
    I think thesite's tagline should read:
    "Proudly slated by the Daily Mail"
    Because that would be fun.
  • Options
    well i was gonna ask SG why it would suprise him but i didnt wanna cause this thread to degenerate
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Er hello - when has TheSite.org ever shyed away from being controversial? We don't get slated by the Daily Mail for being all sugar and spice :p
    I don't think I've ever seen anything in the Daily Mail about TheSite.org, it tends to be The Sun and the News of the World that make a hoo-hah about this place.