Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Miffy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any news?

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Tweety wrote:
    any news?
    i was just thinking the same thing!
  • Options
    Not that I know of :chin:
  • Options
    Oh your avs confuse me so much!
  • Options
    Nope. Nothing. Nada, zip, zilch. :(

I'm getting fed up now. Still... gotta give it a bit longer yet.
  • Options
    How long before (your doctor gets fed up of waiting and) induces you? :p
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Nope. Nothing. Nada, zip, zilch. :(

I'm getting fed up now. Still... gotta give it a bit longer yet.

Aw *hugs*
  • Options
    whats that 5 days over? How far do they let you go where you are? *sends labour vibes*
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    whats that 5 days over? How far do they let you go where you are? *sends labour vibes*
    Generally they let you go for two weeks over your due date before they induce you.
  • Options
    How long before (your doctor gets fed up of waiting and) induces you? :p

That's the 6 million dollar question! When will I agree to it?!

I don't know. I don't want it really, but the mood I'm in tonight I'd say yeah, do it now! :D
  • Options
    They want to see me on Tues, they say they'll "let me" go 10 days over (ah, but little do they know I'm not agreeing to anything just to fit into their timetable cause it's MY decision at the end of the day, not theirs!)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Generally they let you go for two weeks over your due date before they induce you.
    Yeah i know but it varys where you live i've been told. It was 12 days here.
  • Options
    I think I'd prefer it for my baby to be born spontaneously, ie I wouldn't want to think the birthdate was pre-arranged.

Jump up and down a bit, see if that helps :p
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Yeah i know but it varys where you live i've been told. It was 12 days here.

They can offer you an induction, doesn't mean you have to have it!
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    They want to see me on Tues, they say they'll "let me" go 10 days over (ah, but little do they know I'm not agreeing to anything just to fit into their timetable cause it's MY decision at the end of the day, not theirs!)

yeah they just watch you closer don't they?
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    They can offer you an induction, doesn't mean you have to have it!

Yeah i know, they don't like to make that common knowledge though do they. Anyway all the best, get scrubbing the kitcken floor :lol:
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    yeah they just watch you closer don't they?

Yeah, they have you in a couple of times a week on a monitor. They don't make it common knowledge no, but I've read all the clinical guidelines. And I'm not at all sure I'm going to take it until 42 weeks at least.
  • Options
    Have you thought of any more names yet?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My music teacher went into labour by pushing a piano around the classroom :crazyeyes

Don't suppose you have one of them lying around, do you Miffy? :razz:
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Yeah, they have you in a couple of times a week on a monitor. See, they can offer you an induction but that doesn't mean you have to have it! And I'm not at all sure I'm going to take it until 42 weeks at least.

Yeah, well i guess it depend how you feel. I hope you get the natural birth you want though.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Have you thought of any more names yet?
    emma louise is a smashing one!
  • Options
    It's 10 days here before they offer you induction, Abbie was 13 days late before she made her appearance. If I go over again then the baby can stay in there until I master my "giving birth while you sleep" theory :p
  • Options
    Call it Jim-Vee

:p
  • Options
    It's 10 days here before they offer you induction, Abbie was 13 days late before she made her appearance. If I go over again then the baby can stay in there until I master my "giving birth while you sleep" theory :p

:lol: theres gonna be another then? ;)
  • Options

Never mind giving birth while you sleep, if I leave it in there long enough it'll be sleeping through the night already! :D

Yes, I suppose it will depend how I feel. But I really don't like the idea of pitocin, and once they rupture your membranes the clocks ticking. So I dunno.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    :lol: theres gonna be another then? ;)
    Oh aye, the memory of my labour has just about gone so I can contemplate having another!

And it doesnt help when there seems to be a lot of pregnant people around making me broody, my friend is due tomorrow, wonder who'll go first, her or Miffy :hyper:
  • Options
    Is induction actually safe? I mean, obviously or else they wouldn't do it but it's not natural is it?

I'm probably wrong though, having never given birth :P
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    YAY, good for you.
    Finally somebody else that realises they dont have to fit into the doctors timetable about these things.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Never mind giving birth while you sleep, if I leave it in there long enough it'll be sleeping through the night already! :D

Yes, I suppose it will depend how I feel. But I really don't like the idea of pitocin, and once they rupture your membranes the clocks ticking. So I dunno.
    I was lucky with Abbie, she started sleeping through from 6 weeks :D

My waters went 24 hours before they bothered to get me on the syntocinon drip which meant I had to have a lovely drip of antibiotics in my other hand to pull at when I was having contractions :grump:
  • Options
    Is induction actually safe? I mean, obviously or else they wouldn't do it but it's not natural is it?

I'm probably wrong though, having never given birth :P
    Apparently the pains that you have arent "natural" pains, having nothing to compare it to then I cant really say if that's right or not, all I know is that it hurt like a bitch!
  • Options
    Apparently the pains that you have arent "natural" pains, having nothing to compare it to then I cant really say if that's right or not, all I know is that it hurt like a bitch!
    You were induced?

What I meant was does it harm you in any way because the labour isn't brought on naturally? Am I talking rubbish, or does that make sense?!