Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey train in t

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am receiving text messages on a loop that just say:
Hey train in t
The first time I received it was a few days ago and I replied saying I think you have the wrong number. But now I am receiving this message well loads.... today I have received it at least 80 times.

My inbox only holds 10 messages and when I delete this message the inbox is full again within a few seconds so if anybody I know wants to text me they can't. I checked my balance and it is not costing me any money to receive this text so I can't understand what it is about.

The texts are coming from ++..... if anyone has had similar messages from the same number.

I don't know what to do :(

Comments

• Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I am receiving text messages on a loop that just say:

The first time I received it was a few days ago and I replied saying I think you have the wrong number. But now I am receiving this message well loads.... today I think I have received it at least 80 times.

My inbox only holds 10 messages and when I delete this message the inbox is full again within a few seconds so if anybody I know wants to text me they can't. I checked my balance and it is not costing me any money to receive this text so I can't understand what it is about.

The texts are coming from +447961203397 if anyone has had similar messages from the same number.

I don't know what to do :(

have you tried calling the number?
  • Options
    No, I'm afraid it might be one of those premium rate scam things where they charge you £30 a minute to phone it. What is a 079... number? Aren't all mobiles 078...?
  • Options

I wouldnt do that, some numbers phone you then dont let you answer and you call back and its a premium number. Rule of thumb is if its one of these advertising things (possibly?) then text back with the word "STOP". But I'm not sure, why not phone your provider and see what advice they can give?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    No, I'm afraid it might be one of those premium rate scam things where they charge you £30 a minute to phone it. What is a 079... number? Aren't all mobiles 078...?

079 numbers are mobile phone numbers.

Otherwise try googling the number.
  • Options
    I wouldnt do that, some numbers phone you then dont let you answer and you call back and its a premium number. Rule of thumb is if its one of these advertising things (possibly?) then text back with the word "STOP". But I'm not sure, why not phone your provider and see what advice they can give?
    Texted STOP... have received the message 20 more times since then... am on the phone to Orange now...
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Texted STOP... have received the message 20 more times since then... am on the phone to Orange now...

Well at least it has stop...
  • Options
    called it and it forwarded to voicemail. I wanted to chat :(
  • Options
    Orange are calling it now...
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Orange are calling it now...
    oooh im excited to find out what it is...they are guna call you back yeah?
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    called it and it forwarded to voicemail. I wanted to chat :(
    :lol: bless you!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    oooh im excited to find out what it is...they are guna call you back yeah?
    They said it was a personal number of someone on T-mobile. They suggested I contact the police but having looked at their website they say they can only really help if they are malicous instead of just annoying.

Orange offered me a free nmber change but I don't really want a new number as I've had the same number for nearly 6 years and telling everyone would be such a hassle and I'd almost certainly forget some people and lose touch with them etc as I only have a mobile number not a land line.

I'm going to give it a couple of days and see if they fuck off of their own accord.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    They said it was a personal number of someone on T-mobile. They suggested I contact the police but having looked at their website they say they can only really help if they are malicous instead of just annoying.

Orange offered me a free nmber change but I don't really want a new number as I've had the same number for nearly 6 years and telling everyone would be such a hassle and I'd almost certainly forget some people and lose touch with them etc as I only have a mobile number not a land line.

I'm going to give it a couple of days and see if they fuck off of their own accord.
    i thought they could block numbers?
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i thought they could block numbers?
    They said that no network has the ability to block a single number from phoning or texting any other number.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    They said that no network has the ability to block a single number from phoning or texting any other number.
    oh bugger! well my fingers are crossed for you hun!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    ive just thought i have an option on my phone to block numbers, what phone have you got? you might have it too
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

They can't stop them texting you, but they CAN block you from receiving texts from that number. I'd push to get it sorted. I knew a girl who was receiving mailicious calls and texts, and they blocked her from receiving texts and calls from that number.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    ive just thought i have an option on my phone to block numbers, what phone have you got? you might have it too
    Nokia 3210e I don't think I can block numbers.

I might try to call T-mobile later if it doesn't stop.

I'm up to over 100 message today but I'm just going to leave the inbox full as I can't stand the beeping and it fills up as quickly as I can delete them anyway.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Nokia 3210e I don't think I can block numbers.

I might try to call T-mobile later if it doesn't stop.

I'm up to over 100 message today but I'm just going to leave the inbox full as I can't stand the beeping and it fills up as quickly as I can delete them anyway.
    the only problem with that is that they will still come through afterwards, so you will have it going on for longer
  • Options
    They can't stop them texting you, but they CAN block you from receiving texts from that number. I'd push to get it sorted. I knew a girl who was receiving mailicious calls and texts, and they blocked her from receiving texts and calls from that number.
    They said that the police may be able to but not the network but when I looked on the website of the police they said they can only help with malicious texts not spam etc. As it just says something about a train I doubt they could help me.

Might try the police though if it goes on.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    They said that the police may be able to but not the network but when I looked on the website of the police they said they can only help with malicious texts not spam etc. As it just says something about a train I doubt they could help me.

Might try the police though if it goes on.
    maybe you have a phobia of trains, and therefore is upsetting you highly whenever you read it!? ;)
  • Options
    so its definately a personal number not a high tarriff scam thing? I say ring it then. x
  • Options
    If you tell the police this person is continuously sending you the same text then I think that could be classed as malicious. It's not the same as some company sending out random advertising, cos that's only the occasional message. This person has your number and is sending you this text repeatedly, and I think the police should stop it. It's worth a try?
  • Options
    Eventually I got through to speak to the person and they said they forgot to lock their keypad and it kept sending it... they said it must have cost them a fortune too and were very apologetic.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I hope you had a rant at them! Oh well at least it used up a lot of their money!
  • Options
    so is it no one you know?
    No. No-one I know.

And when I first got the message a few days ago I even bothered to tell them they had the wrong number as I thought they would want to re-send it to the correct person.