Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your bedroom walls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From the other thread, what did your bedroom walls and carpet look like?

Mine, sadly, had pink carpet, pink walls with the bottem half pink/purple/cream sponge painted with a balleriana boarder, lion king bed sheets and comforter. I had it done when we built the house and never changed it until I moved out... Now that I'm gone my parents re did it real nice though :p

Comments

• Options
    Mine was magnolia, with a dark rose coloured carpet and curtains. That was in the old house. The new house was custard yellow with a carpet that looked like someone had vomited on it, and I lived with that for ages until we decorated. Then I had dark red on the bottom half, cream on the top half, red carpet. Now, its magnolia.
  • Options
    I once had it done up all like the sea, with fishies and things, quite cool!
  • Options
    i had very pale pink walls and a sky blue carpet,
  • Options
    my walls were royal blue, with darker blue sponge painted bits, turquoise gloss on the woodwork and a beige (BEIGE?) carpet.

in all honesty i'm surprised i didn't go blind.
  • Options
    Dark wood floor, white walls. Loved it, as my "accessories" (curtains, duvet cover etc) could be all manner of colours at different times and didn't really have to match a theme.
  • Options
    I've had many different bedrooms. When I was really little, it was painted bright pink. God knows how I got to sleep. When it was painted over, it needed 4 coats of white before we could even think about painting another colour over the top. My room with all the posters had some horrid shiny wallpaper on it for years though, as it was a last priority in the decorating after moving in schedule. All my other bedrooms have been fairly boring, different shades of magnolia as far as I can remember.
  • Options
    Mines got light blue carpet... some shitty splodgy weird paint thing going on above the boarder thing and strange blue and white stripes on the bottom... and the boarder has very vague disgusting dark blue bows along it :yuck: ... I painted over them with white paint but was too un-arsed to do the second coat so they're now spooky ghost bows... scary. :yeees:
  • Options
    Mine have light blue wall paper with a silver kinda swirly pattern.. and my carpet and darker kinda bluey colour and my douvet is blue to match.. :p There's only wallpaper on two walls though.. the rest is fitted wardrobes.. and even those are pretty covered with posters.. :P
  • Options
    We have a dark green carpet, dark purple walls with a silver border and the bottom half is a lighter purple.
  • Options
    As a kiddie, I had pink floral wallpaper, with a pink girly border, and rosey pink carpet.

As a tween, I had 3 leopard print walls and 1 wall and ceiling deep purple with matching purple carpet.

Now, I have white anaglypta/victorian style wallpaper and plain deep red carpet and white ceiling. Coving around the edges to be added when Dad isn't working :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    My room is just like me.... pink! Just a nice pale pink with laminate floors and deep pink shelves...
  • Options
    Just remembered in one of the houses I lived in when I was little, one wall had a cool jungle sceen wallpaper on it... I slept near the lions head :D
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My room is just like me.... pink! Just a nice pale pink with laminate floors and deep pink shelves...

You're pink??????????? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Blue and yellow. From when I went through a crazy moon and stars stage. It looks gay now. I dont have a carpet, plain ole' floorboards and I have a picture of Audrey Hepburn on my wall.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    You're pink??????????? :crazyeyes

Practically. Pink clothes ppink make up, pink accessories.... Trust me, if you knew me you'd get it
  • Options
    newcastle united wall paper
  • Options
    We had...er..

Farmyard curtains, farmyard wallpaper (with the bottom half green, I believe), and a border with (you guessed it) farmyard stuff. I think the carpet was green, but that may just have been my imagination. The lampshade was farmyard too. I liked farms...

Now, my room is red. With yellow curtains, and either red or yellow bedsheets. And an orange lampshade. Oh yes. I wanted it purple, but we had the lampshade, and my mum wanted to use it ;(.
  • Options
    I had white, yellow and pink walls (not at the same time yuck) and brown carpet, then later on they were dark pink (wine it said in the shop)
  • Options
    my room at home is orange an yellow :D orange carpet and walls and the ceiling is yellow!!

orange and yellow bed spread... very bright . getting a bit old now though so i might repaint soon!!
  • Options
    i can barely remember. I think i had a cheap carpet with grey pink and blue stripey bits on it and white woodchipped walls, which were covered in posters and postcards. The carpet i barely saw as it was covered in clothes and stuff.
  • Options
    Blue wallpaper with blue carpet...

And no posters...

I miss this room so much :yeees:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Until I was 12, it had 2 yellow walls and 2 blue ones. I also had a yellow carpet at some time, but it went out when I was about 9.
    When I got 12 we put stripy wallpaper on it (too complicated a design to describe), and that's how it still is.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    what ive got now is my favourite ever...i have bubblegum pink walls (same as my av) and bright pink curtains to match...only problem is when i have my light on with the curtains closed, it does look slightly like a brothel :lol: but when i was younger i had pale blue with a penguin border...twas lovely!
  • Options
    ive always had it yellow... just different shades. and then a different border and duvet. nothing too exciting though, just things like flowers or chinese patterns. now my room is yellow, yet again, with blue things.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blue walls, two walls are a different shade, so its quite cool. Blueish grey carpet.
  • Options
    deleted because I miss understood what we were talking about. :sour:
  • Options
    green walls atm, blue carpet

sometimes i'd graffiti all over my walls and just paint over it a while after .. can be pretty cool :thumb:

(apart from the time i used road marking paint to write on the carpet, that was silly)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    z01 wrote:
    (apart from the time i used road marking paint to write on the carpet, that was silly)

Quality. I tried to steal some roadmarking paint one. Too fucking heavy, although it was a huge barrel of it.
  • Options
    i have beige carpet and light brown on two walls, on the opposite 2 walls i have a browny colour, its all very tranquil
  • Options
    From when i was about 10-16 it was yellow and blue with bits of orange and greeen splashed about in the wall paper and furnishings, and then i re-painted it to what it still is now, which is bottom half of the wall lilac top half turquoise, and then a couple of these metalic lilac big swirl things that u buy from B&Q stuck on the top bit. Ha sounds well random