Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gimme some petrol and an STD test, please...

Normally, I'd put these stories in Politics & Debate. However, as this is a sex-related story, I've made an exception. According to 'The Independent On Sunday' newspaper, testing kits for a range of sexually-transmitted diseases are set to be given away at places like supermarkets, barber shops and petrol stations. How it would work is, you take the test, then send it off for analysis. Exact details are sketchy, but it's proposed you could receive your results via text message, and be given details of how to deal with any infection they found.

Click here.

Personally, I think it's about bloody time. Rates of sexually transmitted diseases in this country make awful reading. It's a national disgrace, so any attempt to make testing less of a taboo I find hugely welcome. The only thing I have reservations is about the accuracy of these tests, I wouldn't like to see people lured into any false sense of security, for example.

What do you reckon?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    or you could have
    I'll have an sti testing kit please, along with 4 cans of stella, that way when i get shitfaced and fuck something, i'll get a text in a few weeks telling me what ive got
  • Options
    You get smashed off 4 cans of stella?
  • Options
    You can get condoms, pregnancy tests and ovulation calanders there too so why the fuck not.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    You get smashed off 4 cans of stella?

no, it was a quote
    and dont get jealous, just cause there was the possibility that i could get smashed of only double the amount you can, doesnt mean a thing
  • Options
    Sorry, the grammar in that sentance is apalling, and i'm too tired to try and make sense of it.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Sorry, the grammar in that sentance is apalling, and i'm too tired to try and make sense of it.

sorry, i forgot, you are from manchester, not liverpool

my mistake
  • Options
    MrG, you confuse me.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    sorry, i forgot, you are from manchester, not liverpool

my mistake

You're trying to be witty, but you're failing so badly. That actually doesn't make any sense in this context at all.

Call it a day, my friend.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    You're trying to be witty, but you're failing so badly. That actually doesn't make any sense in this context at all.

I thought it was just me missing the point. Nice one Dooooofeh.
  • Options
    High 5 claiireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

Call it a day, my friend.

at least im trying doofay
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    at least im trying doofay
    Serious, can you explain what you're talking about?
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    High 5 claiireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

:D *high fives*

Look at me and you browsing the sex forum at this late time. People will talk. ;)
  • Options
    So you're ashamed of me? :(

:p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    So you're ashamed of me? :(

:p

I just wasn't sure whether we were ready to announce our love to thesite world yet. :D
  • Options
    Shall we tell them the real reason neither of us were at the meet? :D
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Shall we tell them the real reason neither of us were at the meet? :D

Ooooh, can we handle the jealousy?!?!

Your back seat is comfy btw.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we can :nervous:

My cars got reclining seats you know...
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I'm not sure if we can :nervous:

My cars got reclining seats you know...

Let's keep it our little secret a little while longer then, gorgeous. ;)

Oooh, don't get me started at bedtime.
  • Options
    Alright then. It'll be our little secret, no-one has to know ;)

Don't get me started at bedtime, i'm dying for a good shag ;(
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Alright then. It'll be our little secret, no-one has to know ;)

Don't get me started at bedtime, i'm dying for a good shag ;(

i know you are, have been since the day you were born
  • Options
    Erm, i'm not a virgin? Certain nameless forum members have said something about you being though...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    i know you are, have been since the day you were born
    Stop being a mong.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Sort out your own English first before you moan at others.

Why are people so pickey on here about grammar anyway?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Sort out your own English first before you moan at others.

Why are people so pickey on here about grammar anyway?
    Ugh, check the subject complement or whatever. I'm tired. The fact remains that the rules of this forum dictate that all users should type in a cohesive manner, which aformentioned poster is not.

If you're gonna get all technical on me, sort your English out as well, and also learn to read sentances properly - the subject was grammar, not spelling. Also, 'Pickey'? Don't start.

So yeah, in conclusion, i don't want to have to sit on here and have to decipher cryptic messages from other posters. Neither do the mods, or anyone else. Except you. Woo.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Ugh, check the subject complement or whatever. I'm tired. The fact remains that the rules of this forum dictate that all users should type in a cohesive manner, which aformentioned poster is not.

If you're gonna get all technical on me, sort your English out as well, and also learn to read sentances properly - the subject was grammar, not spelling. Also, 'Pickey'? Don't start.

So yeah, in conclusion, i don't want to have to sit on here and have to decipher cryptic messages from other posters. Neither do the mods, or anyone else. Except you. Woo.
    No. I just get pissed off reading people critising other people's bad English when they have mistakes in their own. You just seem to be using it as an excuse to pick on Mr G. I couldn't care less how badly someone writes or how they spell or use grammar. You just look like a fool for making a post being mean about someone's grammar when your own post had both grammar and spelling errors.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    No. I just get pissed off reading people critising other people's bad English when they have mistakes in their own. You just seem to be using it as an excuse to pick on Mr G. I couldn't care less how badly someone writes or how they spell or use grammar. You just look like a fool for making a post being mean about someone's grammar when your own post had both grammar and spelling errors.
    Right, Miss post graduate. Care to define the word consistency for me?
    Now, apply it in this context.

Those grammar and spelling errors (Care to highlight those?) are a by product of my general drowsiness. The chances are they won't occur again. However, the concerned poster types (And speaks) like that all the time. I really can't make it much clearer than that.

Wait a fucking minute, why do you need to fight his battles for him? Me and him have already got past that point, and it does seem you just saw an opportunity to look like a smart arse so went for it. You might want to suck his cock, but hes a big boy now. Let him take care of himself :)
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Right, Miss post graduate. Care to define the word consistency for me?
    Now, apply it in this context.

Those grammar and spelling errors (Care to highlight those?) are a by product of my general drowsiness. The chances are they won't occur again. However, the concerned poster types (And speaks) like that all the time. I really can't make it much clearer than that.

Wait a fucking minute, why do you need to fight his battles for him? Me and him have already got past that point, and it does seem you just saw an opportunity to look like a smart arse so went for it. You might want to suck his cock, but hes a big boy now. Let him take care of himself :)
    I'm not trying to be a smart arse and I don't know where you get the idea that I'm a post-graduate. I just find reading posts on here by anybody who is critical of another posters' language ability annoying especially when they too make mistakes. You made out that Mr G's post was so badly written that it didn't make sense when it did.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    MrG could be compared to a Dyson hoover with a malfunctioning suction control. Can never quite get it right.
  • Options
    I get my idea that you're post grad from the fact that while me, jst and templeofdreams didn't understand it. Your understanding of it made me realise your intelligence, leading me to my assumption.

Your post lacked substance anyway. Normally when somebody comes commenting about how hypocritical life is they stick in a few choice phrases like "Everyone makes mistakes :)", and "But nobodys perfect! :shocking:".