Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Random Scottish Girl, where art thou

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to know this scottish girl over the net, and the other day I saw on here a post she made for me :) and it made me remember her, yet I realise now I have absolutely no way of getting in touch with her. We used to call each once a month and I loved her accent. My girlfriend would be in fits if she saw this post, but its not that I fancy this girl, just remembered her the other day and actually quite missed her.

So have you ever really really missed a friend years later when you remember them? I've sent a PM to her on here and hope she gets an e-mail notification and PMs me back or something. Her e-mail address is set so she doesn't receive e-mail from other members.

Sigh.

Comments

• Options
    I take it you don't still have her number or anything then?

The way i look at it though, those friends i'm still in touch with are my good friends, and all the ones i lost touch with, there must be a reason for that kinda thing.
  • Options
    god, LOADS.
    theres plenty of people ive just lost touch with, and its such a shame, but who knows whether it would ever be like it used to anyway. i got in touch with an old mate of mine recently, who i hadnt seen for nearly 5 years - hed moved away, but i bumped into his mum out walking the dog, and gave her my number to give to him, he came round for a coffee and it was nice to catch up. Theres one or two others who id like to get back in touch with, but plenty that im glad we lost touch too.
  • Options
    I used to know this scottish girl over the net, and the other day I saw on here a post she made for me :) and it made me remember her, yet I realise now I have absolutely no way of getting in touch with her. We used to call each once a month and I loved her accent. My girlfriend would be in fits if she saw this post, but its not that I fancy this girl, just remembered her the other day and actually quite missed her
    Richy baby, Im here :flirt:

:p

That's pretty sad though, hope she gets in touch with you.
  • Options
    i agree with beans, if you were meant to be great friends you would still be friends, love will find a way and all that.

i only really talk to one person i knew from school etc...

ive got a whole new bunch of people that are my friends now
  • Options
    Well its a funny thing, we got on so well, if she had lived nearby she'd have been my girlfriend no doubt. How eery is that. But I honestly cant remember why or how we lost touch. I think she stopped going on MSN so much, and I checked my phone and her numbers not on there... so who knows. I know her name though, and I know a lot about her. I know roughly where she lives, I know what school she went to and all that, so it wasnt like an internet random, we were really good mates (even though we never met).

I lost touch with another mate, Shailesh, who was my best mate in year 6, but now the missing-ness has kind of come and gone. But you know. :)

p.s. she really gave me an appetite for girls with scottish accents! :heart:
  • Options
    Have you checked to see if she's on Friends Reunited? You could maybe contact her through that.
  • Options
    Hmmm, seems a long shot, who signs up to friends reunited???
  • Options
    No luck on friends reunited unfortunately :( ho hum. Will just have to hope she gets in touch with me!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its annoying when you lose contact with good mates online. Depressing innit.
  • Options
    The hunt is continuing, I've found an old e-mail address of hers, I doubt she uses it anymore though. I could always be really stalkery and look in the BT phone directory for her name, but that might be a bit weird. I would just love to chat to her again though, about how things are going in her life, she was and hopefully still is a very ambitious person who was so refreshing.
  • Options
    looking through old chat logs and its just reminded me of how lovely she was to me. at the time i was a loner and she used to phone me up when she went babysitting for ages!! :(:( i WILL find her!
  • Options
    go on shyboy!!
  • Options
    I've pinpointed her to a small village, but im starting to get to a dead end. :( What if she's moved house?!?!
  • Options
    I've pinpointed her to a small village, but im starting to get to a dead end. :( What if she's moved house?!?!
    turn up at the old house and ask where she is. go to the local pub and ask where she is. someone will tell you eventually. my mate did this to find her cunting father after he moved house without telling her.
  • Options
    heh, glasgow ish area from leicester should be fun :-)

I may try the electoral register.
  • Options
    Where abouts in Glasgow was she from Rich?
  • Options
    Where abouts in Glasgow was she from Rich?

Have you ever heard of West Kilbride? She went to school on Arran I'm pretty sure, so had to catch the ferry.
  • Options
    I've foudn a number in the tel directory but I'm too scared to phone it :nervous:
  • Options
    West Kilbride is a tiiiny place, you could probably phone the local pub there and someone would know her. But since you've found her number, you should call her, go on :)
  • Options
    You know, if an old mate went to all that trouble to find me, I'd be so touched.

Do it. Or I might cry.
  • Options
    I called and its her!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YAaaaaaaayyy. Well it was her sister / mum or some other lady with a fetching scottish accent. I may move to west kilbride if everyone sounds like that! So lovely. She's away till tomorrow, but they said to call back! :D
  • Options
    Yay!! You have made me smile on a crappy night, so you've not only made your own night but mine too!!

Aww I'm glad you found her - let us know how she reacts hearing from you! :) Well done mate
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yay!! You have made me smile on a crappy night, so you've not only made your own night but mine too!!

Aww I'm glad you found her - let us know how she reacts hearing from you! :) Well done mate

I will do lol. I feel a bit like a creepy stalker looking going through umpteen different directories to find her :p but I did find her and thats what matters! :yes:
  • Options
    I will do lol. I feel a bit like a creepy stalker looking going through umpteen different directories to find her :p but I did find her and thats what matters! :yes:

You're not a creepy stalker. You're cute. :D
  • Options
    Bloody stalkers... :p

Well done pal :D
  • Options
    I got through and her mum told me not to call again :-/ suppose thats where it ends then. Sucks. But I dont wanna be a strange stalkery kinda person, and dont like the idea I may already have unnerved her mother or herself.

:banghead: I'm so dumb sometimes.
  • Options
    wow all that work for nothing. sry to hear that. Find it strange that they say to call back then not to call again. did they say why?
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    wow all that work for nothing. sry to hear that. Find it strange that they say to call back then not to call again. did they say why?

The only thing I can think is that the girl asked her mum to say that or something? Maybe she has a new bf? *hugs*
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oh god, i was so happy for you then as well. im sorry, did u leave a number in case she changes her mind? but i really do feel truly sorry for you x
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    TBH if i took a call from my daughter and I found out it was someone she met on the internet 2 years ago that randomly wants to find her then I would be a bit suspicious and tell you not to phone the house again too.

Sorry.