Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who on here owns their own home??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just worked out that you and Kermit are together! Doh!
  • Options
    im 19 and actually buying a house now, well im moving to sheffield from london so it'll be much cheaper.. but i can't wait, a 3 bedroom with gorgeous rooms..
    and i'm pregnant, and i wont be working so it'll be my hubby lookin after it all
  • Options
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Depends where you live tho...

Fair enough, we couldn't afford in Bristol, damn straight.
  • Options
    I do - its kind of my second one - my boyfriend bought first one as I was still at uni at the time and therefore had no income to be included and then we bought the second one together.

I was i think 23 when we bought the first one and 26 when we got the second - With the first we bought a studio flat and changed the rooms around to make it a one bedroomed flat and with the second we bought a house that neeeeeeded loads and loads of work doing on it - however we are now in the position where we can't afford to buy a bigger house in the area we are in and barely afford to move to one thats the same size as we already have which is madness - even totally run down 4 bedroomed houses are going for well about £600K - which even it we could afford to get it on a mortgage would mean that the stamp duty was somewhere in the region of £30K.

(Am having a housing dilema at the moment - can you tell)???